The last treasure you found before unlocking "Treasure Trove"

Joselito

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing the game myself and am going for this achievment. Like you I am using the Prima guide and I have been keeping track of everything I've collected and have to go back for because I don't have the glasses yet or for treasure hunt clues.

Keep in mind that there are items in the game that are not listed in the guide. Check the treasure location thread that is stickied on this forum. There is an item in the Burning Cave, 3 items in Gongora's Study, and supposedly 1 item in Crimson Forest that's not in the guide. I'm looking at Crimson Forest right now. Not to mention the numerous items under the sea that I believe you have to collect as well. I don't know why the Prima guide didn't put a map in the book.

The items in Gongora's study are in a treasure chest in plain sight, a chest behind the table that's hard to see, and an item on the table. For the Burning Cave, just land there from the world map. You'll start out next to the Nautilus ramp. I believe it's where you fought a boss. Anyways, just go south and you'll have to hop across rocks and hop to the left. First hop to the right onto the solitary rock. The item is there.

Edited by rockhopper

My last one was underwater (thought I had checked all of em) and was right by the entrance to the Eastern Ruins. Must have been so focused on what a pain in the rear eastern was going to be and forgot to get the sub out for it. Hardest 20 points I've had to work for by far (includes Mile High Club).

I found one random pillar that I missed in the Crimson Forest, granted it was a bit tucked away over some tree bridge. When I found it, I gasped, when the achievement popped, I jumped up and down, when I jumped up and down, my girlfriend laughed at me, when my girlfriend laughed at me, well, they won't find the body.

I got my achievement earlier tonight. After thinking I had found my last item underwater (right alongside to the left of the hypercurrent north of Ancient ruins; basically between the two continents) it turned out to be a false alarm as no achievement popped up. Very sad, I decided to follow the guide on this forum along with my prima guide. I started from Uhra and didn't have to go very far, thank God.

I found my last item in Ipsilon Mountains. It was just before the mountain hut. It was 2x whetstones in a rammable tree. The tree is to the left just after you ram two other trees as well as two pots right next to it. My only explanation for why I could have missed it is that my eyes just missed it in the guide after already collecting the four other items right there next to each other. I think I might have assumed that was the tree I had already rammed to the left before I examined the pots.

It just goes to show, that even if you're super careful and confident you got everything, that you could sometimes miss something easily in plain sight and then wonder how the hell you could have missed something so easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Was wondering if anyone used a guide from gamefaqs.com; specifically, the one by German Dragon. I've been following his guide to collect all the items but I'm worried that I might have missed some. If anyone used this guide, let me know.

German Dragon's walkthrough covers everything pretty thoroughly in terms of following the story, but there's a bunch of things (eg Temple of Enlightenment) that aren't covered at all. In terms of the areas in the guide, I did find two items not listed; a pot somewhere in the abandoned apartment in Gohtza when you step off the elevator (not sure what floor) and a chest in the Ancient Ruins, iirc.

My last 2 were as follows

1) The one in the hidden left hand tunnel at the entrance of the Burning Cave

2) One in the middle of the "swamp" away from the path in the Forgotten cave.

I nearly missed this as I was on my way out having rechecked the cave and decided on a whim to see if I could cross the swamp and to my delight spotted an unopened chest.

Now all I need to do to get the full 1100 is do a speed run through to get the spell achievement having somehow forgotten to pick up the missable spells first time round Annoyingly I did not spot I had missed the spells until after I had deleted my backup saves around that point.

Stupid thing this, I recently went through every

area of the game that's open to you near the end

using the Treasure Trove guide posted here somewhere,

and the very LAST place I checked, Crimson Forest, held

the rammable pillar I needed. So yeah, I was running around

screaming til my throat almost broke after that. :p

My last treasure was the last Treasure Hunt Info at the End of the Temple of Enlightenment , I used one of the guides from GameFAQ's, and i was shitting myself after i beat him, because i thought i could have missed one, but it pop'd at 42 hours play time. i then spend the next 6 hours finishing up the immortal skill master achievements..(Grr Grinding) and then the Dlc.. 48 Hours. :D

• 3 weeks later...

do things (pots / trees etc ) only offer treasures once? i am searching for my last seed and went to the ipsilon forest where i rammed some trees and got various itesm (not a seed though) so did i just miss these trees last time i was here or do items spawn again?

• 2 weeks later...