God damn drift achievement

tommy060289

Hey everyone, I don't know if it's just me but I'm having some era difficulty getting the drift achievement.

I've tried the cars listed in the achievement guide n found them hopeless so then I tried the top downloaded set up on the store front (a Subaru with 700bhp) and found it completely undriveable. It was literally a struggle to go in a straight line so when I got to the corners it was complete random what I got! I got up to 3000 once but it was pure chance from just swerving all over the place!

Also what tracks are people using as the guide mentions catalunya learner circuit but I found very little room for error due to narrow track and seemed to have more luck with the American NASCAR style circuits.

Any tips on how to get this achievement would be much appreciated!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the test track's tri-oval layout, use the Bugatti Veyron, turn off all of the assits. Go into a turn and let the backend of the car get lose, the car will start to drift so just hold the turn until you have the needed points and bring the car straight. It's not that hard to do and takes very little practice unlike drifting an entire lap for 100,000 points in Forza 3 which was a pain and actually took some skill.

Go to the test track's tri-oval layout, use the Bugatti Veyron, turn off all of the assits. Go into a turn and let the backend of the car get lose, the car will start to drift so just hold the turn until you have the needed points and bring the car straight. It's not that hard to do and takes very little practice unlike drifting an entire lap for 100,000 points in Forza 3 which was a pain and actually took some skill.

That's exactly what I did it worked for me, I was dreading that achievement I can't drift for shit. I got this last week in about 5 mins max, honestly this works even if you can't drift stock Bugatti on that track tap handbrake feather the gas drift easy.

I used the shelby cobra with abs and traction control off on the high speed ring. From the start i kept my finger on the accelerator and didt brake uintil the last minute on the first bend. Make sure your in the middle of the track to avoid hitting either wall and smash the handbrake and simateneously put on full lock the back end will come out and slide round the bend if you feel your losing it steer into the turn and make it last uintil that glorious acheivement sound pops up and there you have it.

Usually I like drifting and don't struggle winning any event, but FM4 is different :D

Took me a lot of rewinding and a bit luck to get a drift in the last corner of Tsukuba (first drift challenge in Rivals mode with the Supra) over 5000 points...

Maybe you should try a not so powerful car (the Supra in Rivals mode is stock). :) I Had exactly the same problems... S700 drift tunes didn't work at all for me!

Good luck! :)

Maybe you should try a not so powerful car (the Supra in Rivals mode is stock). :) I Had exactly the same problems... S700 drift tunes didn't work at all for me!

There's literally no reason to use a crazy powerful car to drift, how balanced the suspension is makes the real difference. Stock cars have enough power to drift and are far easier to control, extra power only makes holding the drift harder.

I used the Top Secret S15 that is available in the drift Rivals mode and was able to chain a solid drift through the back and forth twists on Suzuka. Well balanced and is pretty easy to kick its tail out and transfer left and right pretty swiftly. Most of my drift cars have less than 400hp in them.

Thanks for this...it took me a few tries, but I finally got it following your advice.

Freeplay

hot lap

bugatti

Veyron 16.4

your favourite colour

steering normal,traction control off, gears maunal or manual-clutch

Test Track Benchmark

Layout E

Get up in to 3rd gear and tap the hand brake for a moment and you'll be off in to the easiest drift you could ever hope for. You'll probably have to switch between 2nd and 3rd as required to keep it going indefinately, but it'll probably be mostly 2nd if you're tight in to the center, or 3rd if you're going for big sweeping ones further out. Before long, you'll be doing several laps of it in one long continuous drift and every time you pass the start line, it'll give you a "perfect drift". It's so easy you can get the badge for 20 perfect drifts in about 5 minutes.

I uploaded a replay called "x360a drift ach" if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Edited by BoooDave

Make sure abs/tcs is off. Gears = Manual w/clutch. Steering = Normal.

Any car that steps out. I used the BMW from the free BMW DLC pack.

Layout E on the Benchmark/Test Track.

Get into second, use the handbrake (with clutch to keep the revs up) to get the back end out and you should get it done easily. Just stay away from the outside wall. You can use rewind if you need it.

Make sure abs/tcs is off. Gears = Manual w/clutch. Steering = Normal.

Any car that steps out. I used the BMW from the free BMW DLC pack.

Layout E on the Benchmark/Test Track.

Get into second, use the handbrake (with clutch to keep the revs up) to get the back end out and you should get it done easily. Just stay away from the outside wall. You can use rewind if you need it.

I used the same track to get this achievement, after constantly failing trying all the above mentioned methods.

Only I used a Dodge Viper.

I found getting it to drift in one direction for as many points as I could get then flipping in the opposite direction to get more worked best for me.

I got it the same way as Z3R0 S1X originally posted.

Go onto the oval version of the test track in a veyron and

turn off all aids. Back end becomes very happy and so long as you

control it from turning in and colliding with the inside (guilty) you

can maintain a really easily controlled drift and get the achievement :)

Thanks to Z3R0 S1X for the idea!

Freeplay

hot lap

bugatti

Veyron 16.4

your favourite colour

steering normal,traction control off, gears maunal or manual-clutch

Test Track Benchmark

Layout E

Get up in to 3rd gear and tap the hand brake for a moment and you'll be off in to the easiest drift you could ever hope for. You'll probably have to switch between 2nd and 3rd as required to keep it going indefinately, but it'll probably be mostly 2nd if you're tight in to the center, or 3rd if you're going for big sweeping ones further out. Before long, you'll be doing several laps of it in one long continuous drift and every time you pass the start line, it'll give you a "perfect drift". It's so easy you can get the badge for 20 perfect drifts in about 5 minutes.

I uploaded a replay called "x360a drift ach" if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Perfect - thanks, man!