Resident Evil 6 Reviews

demphra

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expecting to go 2 minutes without a quick time event is not expecting too much.

if your only complaint with this game is quick time events, then you have issues.

I suppose that awesome game RE4 didnt have QTE? oh, waiiiittttt a minute! that game was FULL of them, every cutscene involved some sort of QTE!

I'm going to agree with the latter post, ppl are just cry babies and expect too much. I'm very critical when rating games and i would have to say that this game is great.

The only real complaint about the game are the bad camera angles during the chase sequences.

Edited by i fist brown i

leons campaign is kinda like BLAH when starting, but after the first 30 minutes i started to really enjoy it.

I didn't enjoy the campus part, but that's probably because it was the demo and is a slow burning opening level. I'm hoping it picks up soon, though I'm having difficulty wanting to play it. Not because I don't like it, but because I don't know how long I have to play before it saves.

Must be near the end of Leon's story and its 5/10 so far, some good bits but so bad game design examples like rope climbing, too much QTE, the cheap van death, re-spawning enemies and the tutorial is useless are just a few

Despite what some say, Leon's story is nothing like old school RE or RE4, its more like RE5 tbh. chapter 1 does start off more like older games in style of atmosphere but turns into micheal bay meets 2012 shooter

Since someone else mentioned it, Forcing co-op does change the game as in 5, the AI was terrible and would die a lot, waste all the ammo and herbs. In 5 and 6 the game forces you to wait around to open a co-op door and noticed the AI in 6 will carry on killing things while you are defenceless

The demo is the SAME as the main game, try the demo before listening to any opinion on the internet. The people shouting its a 9 or whatever are no better than the ones saying its a 1 or 2

if your only complaint with this game is quick time events, then you have issues.

I suppose that awesome game RE4 didnt have QTE? oh, waiiiittttt a minute! that game was FULL of them, every cutscene involved some sort of QTE!

I'm going to agree with the latter post, ppl are just cry babies and expect too much. I'm very critical when rating games and i would have to say that this game is great.

The only real complaint about the game are the bad camera angles during the chase sequences.

1. I am only in the first campaign, so my complaints list is small.

2. I never played RE4 so what the fuck does that have to do with this game's quick time events?

3. People are not cry babies because they simply don't agree with you.

Your first comment was stupid, I must have issues because my only dislike is QTE's? Dumb.

Edited by Gackt

I'd have to say between having a GS of over 100k (not even enough games worth the effort 10 years later) and praising this game doesn't make you very critical at all. The technical problems that persist in this game alone would be enough to set someone "critical" (like myself) off.

You also wouldn't be considering someone (Gackt) a whine bag for being critical, you're ciritical, remember? Think about it :rolleyes:

And agreed, far, far to many QTEs. Might as well be the second coming of Ninja Blade.

I'll agree, CoregBlue1 has been nothing but civil from what I've seen. Then again, someone with a taste good enough for Higashi no Eden is bound to be alright in my books.

well if you want something to read start from page 1 but i got great backup from the people here.

most of us are but you are right, best sign for good taste is higashi no eden, guess i can give the compliment back then ;)

Edited by CoregBlue1

The game to me so far is average. I knew what i was expecting which was RE4 & RE5 so, im satisfied with this however, i hate how close the camera gets sometimes and while i am ok with QTE's even i felt there were abit too much lol.

The very first thing you do when you purchase the game is a QTE and what's mind boggling is that its three times on a door LOL. Other then that, everything is about what i expected.

EDIT: But i would still prefer if they made a classic RE game or lets say if someone asked me to play RE6 again after finishing it or RE: Remake on gamecube i'll be playing RE: Remake.

I don't know how you could compare this game to 4 or 5 really. To me it felt more like RE:ORC save for a closer camera. Really, that game felt better in a lot of ways, but it is still pretty awful on the whole. This game really made me appreciate ORC in a lot of ways even, throughout my play-through (still not buying that piece of junk though).

If it were more like 4 or 5 I'd have actually bought it, maybe. As is I'm satisfied with my $6 3 day rental. I never want to touch this game again, ever. I was expecting Revelations 2.0 gameplay wise so maybe that's my problem as well...

It doesn't help when of the 53 times I died all of them, every. single. death. was because of a QTE. That's just terrible by design. The QTE itself is ridiculous; not one person buys a game because of the QTE, people are either indifferent to it or they do not like it, putting them in games, anymore (especially in the number they are here), is just stupid and lazy, but mostly lazy. I wouldn't mind 53, hell 1000 deaths over the course of all the story modes to bosses and enemies, no, that's learning the game and all that, but dying because I didn't flinch fast enough is just 'effin' poor.

Edited by Strid

Sorry for being one of those guys that rants about a game he hasn't played the full version of, but (At least it's a complaint I haven't heard before) a majority of the animations I saw in the demo were recycled, and the ones I could tell were new looked like hell. You can't deny this clear evidence of Capcom's open laziness, and for almost every moment of the demo, I noticed yet another painfully half-assed element to the game. Even if this seemed like an 8.5 (Still borderline too low for a purchase from me. I'm picky) I would be too disgusted at Capcom's recent behavior to not feel the need to get my wallet a restraining order against them. Scores so low always feel biased, but my honest rating for the demo is a 5.5-6/10. In case anybody cares, my favorite REs are REmake, 4, and 5, in that order. I don't value the old horror style all that much; Mostly just the quiet atmosphere and ammo conservation. 5 doesn't really have either of those, but everything still had kind of a tactical feel to it. In 6, Leon's campaign feels more like a walk-a-thon than anything else, Chris's feels like CoD, and Jake's feels like Gears. The whole game is shovelware based on what Capcom has seen succeed in the past. /rant... Sorry if I hurt your feelings :)

Edited by Dawgmuffin

Dawn, if you want more to add to your lazy list, let me help you. On the 360 version of the game (haven't seen it on PS3), there is only basic, ancient Antialiasing (not applied to everything), no Ambient Occlusion, or shadowing technology from the past 10 years. The animations are stiff, as you mentioned, but the over graphical performance is ridiculously bad. Liquids look like jelly (when they're supposed to mimic a liquid, not considering slime), while in a CS with smoke the grays and blacks mix in a digitizing fashion, hell, I could go on and on, but you get the point, it's a sloppy mess all over here. Also, I wonder why Ada's character model is so much more crisp and "now" (graphically) as opposed to everyone else :confused:

More on the AA, I don't even think the game has any AA at all upon further consideration. It looks as if they tried to implement a pseudo FXAA (which is unsupported on console GPUs). FXAA applies a "blur" to small "jaggies" that "rounds" them out. I think them overdoing a cheap imitation of FXAA has caused a lot of the above.

All in all though, consider this; both 3DS games stretched outside of their native resolution (on the XL version) look crisper, cleaner, overall better than this game. RE 5 looks miles ahead of this game, as a home console reference.

That's actually kind of surprising, since I've heard so many people say the graphics are the best this generation. I couldn't really tell either way since I don't have an HDTV, but at least from youtube videos, I did get the impression that Ada just... Looked nicer than everyone else. I assumed that was just the libido talking :p

Some of these reviews show bias, both high score reviews and low score reviews. I personally have never seen RE as a series that everyone would love, so obviously so reviewers would have their own opinion. Anyways, that guy who wrote the review on Destructoid is not worth even reading I'm my opinion. Modern Warfare 3 was given a perfect score by him, and it wasn't even innovative :confused:

That's actually kind of surprising, since I've heard so many people say the graphics are the best this generation. I couldn't really tell either way since I don't have an HDTV, but at least from youtube videos, I did get the impression that Ada just... Looked nicer than everyone else. I assumed that was just the libido talking :p

I've heard the same thing, but I do not see it on the 360. It's not unlikely that the 360 is the port version and got degraded in the process. For the first few hours of the game I kept fiddling with my T.V. and my settings on the 360 because I honestly thought that somewhere in the launch of the game my T.V. was going from HD to SD.

So reminiscent of what happened to the PC port of RE4...

Some of these reviews show bias, both high score reviews and low score reviews. I personally have never seen RE as a series that everyone would love, so obviously so reviewers would have their own opinion. Anyways, that guy who wrote the review on Destructoid is not worth even reading I'm my opinion. Modern Warfare 3 was given a perfect score by him, and it wasn't even innovative :confused:

did he even say was innovative? MW3 is what COD fans wanted, I only played spec ops and single player before trading it for skyrim but its decent shooter in that genre of "A to B military shooter". MW3 does nothing new but it was not broken etc from what I've played.

If you ignore the review score on Destructoid, his text in the review has some good points.

I'm going in to this with an open mind, so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised in the end.

Then you shouldnt be disapointed. I am almost done with Ada's now, and seriously this game is just incredible. The ONLY chapter that I truly didnt have any bit of fun in is Ada's Very first chapter. That just sucked to me. But everything else has just been a blast. 8/10 easy