Better looking than most Xbox 360/PS3 third person shooters...

Younicorn

And it blows my mind because this game originally came out on Gamecube!

I was discussing with a friend over XBL how GORGEOUS this game looks, and we both agreed that it looks up to par, if not better, than some other third person shooters on 360 and PS3.

I'd even go as far as to say it looks BETTER than recent releases, like Shadows of the Damned. Capcom's done an amazing job at bringing this game into the HD era, and it's a good enough job that it looks like the game could have initially come out on the 360.

What do you all think? I'm just blown away and wanted to share with everyone my two cents, hoping that I'm not just seeing things or putting it on a pedestal when it shouldn't be.

It's a real treat to play this masterpiece again. Besides from the clunky controls, it hasn't really aged at all. I am actually surprised, the HD touch up looks realy nice.

This franchise made me pick the gamecube over PS2 and Xbox. Remember? All RE titles were announced exclusively on gamecube. Resident Evil remake was also a masterpiece, well worth the exclusivity.

It's a real treat to play this masterpiece again. Besides from the clunky controls, it hasn't really aged at all. I am actually surprised, the HD touch up looks realy nice.

This franchise made me pick the gamecube over PS2 and Xbox. Remember? All RE titles were announced exclusively on gamecube. Resident Evil remake was also a masterpiece, well worth the exclusivity.

Gamecube owned in that generation of consoles anyway if you ask me. The exclusive Nintendo games on that system were all amazing (Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Windwaker etc.) and just the system itself was solid. It was small and easily portable, easy hookup, solid controller, and was built like a tank. The only thing the PS2 had on it was graphics. And the Xbox just came in too late.

Gamecube owned in that generation of consoles anyway if you ask me. The exclusive Nintendo games on that system were all amazing (Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Windwaker etc.) and just the system itself was solid. It was small and easily portable, easy hookup, solid controller, and was built like a tank. The only thing the PS2 had on it was graphics. And the Xbox just came in too late.

I agree Gamecube owned that generation games wise. Xbox only had Halo.

Um PS2 Graphics are alot worse than Cube. Resi 4 had to be downgraded with less polygons and enimies on screen.

Star Wars Rouge Squadren looked 10x better than anything on PS2 and even better than Halo 2.

At some points it looks terrible because of low. res. textures. Especially when u look at the books at shelfs. But other than that, character models look superb. Its not looking sharp and colorful as RE5 but hey, ıts way better than it.

Im actually not that impressed with this port,but i agree that the character models look up to date with this generation,great game however.

Quite simply no. Games on 360 and PS3 look much better in terms of graphics. Some of the textures in RE4 are pretty ropey, the draw distance etc etc.

However I will agree that RE4 manages to look as good as some new games due to the care to attention. It doesn't have as good textures or models etc but the detail just makes it still look great. I still remember to this day how dissappointed I felt playing the first gears of war when in the rain it didn't splash on your shoulders and gun. RE4 has just amazing attention to detail. And truly fantastic atmosphere that helps add to it.

Same thing with Ninja gaiden on the xbox. When Ryu would actually raise his leg and rest it on tiny pieces of scenery if his leg was over it. Just great attention to detail.

The HD update is certainly amazing. Because if you play Seperate Ways where the cutscenes aren't in HD it looks pretty shitty.

They didn't bother to update Separate Ways cutscenes??? Seems a bit weird but hopefully it was just an oversight on their part and not intentional.

I agree the main game scrubs up really nicely with its HD makeover although I am a bit freaked out by the dead looking eyes on the character models. If their is one thing this generation of consoles has done well, its facial animation.

They didn't bother to update Separate Ways cutscenes??? Seems a bit weird but hopefully it was just an oversight on their part and not intentional.

I agree the main game scrubs up really nicely with its HD makeover although I am a bit freaked out by the dead looking eyes on the character models. If their is one thing this generation of consoles has done well, its facial animation.

^Seperate Ways cut scenes were pre rendered apparently and not real time. The sequence in the story where you lower the big bridge outside the castle is also pre rendered. If they wanted to upgrade the res of those scenes they would literally have to make them from scratch.

^Seperate Ways cut scenes were pre rendered apparently and not real time.

So intentional but for a good reason, fair enough. I must say I got to the castle today and I didn't really notice the bridge raising scene wasn't HD. I think I was too busy reliving the Salazar boss fight in my mind at that point to take any notice of the actual game.

So intentional but for a good reason, fair enough. I must say I got to the castle today and I didn't really notice the bridge raising scene wasn't HD. I think I was too busy reliving the Salazar boss fight in my mind at that point to take any notice of the actual game.

Yea its weird, is the only scene in the main game ive seen that wasnt rendered real time and i only noticed because i was eating somthing at the time while just concentrating on the screen and it looked really blurry and compressed. Game looks amazing still though, textures may be blurry up close but at distance they look amazing. The cube really was great at texture maps.

I love the game, love playing it again BUT... the game on an HD set can be pretty fugly. There is the slight character upgrade, but the environments actually look worse in HD.

Still, happy with the purchase. One or two reviewers complain about stutter in the game, never encountered it. Didn't play Separate Ways or Mercs, though.