Game Informer review

Why did they give it a low score though? Did they reference the first one at all?

Instead of posting something to get people worked up you should probably provide more information or post images/scans of the review.

On gamefaqs someone said it was reviewed by the same guy that reviewed the first (it got a 9).

The short version seems to be he didn't like the modern setting or the stealth sections and the rest of the game is the same as the first, not sure that warrants a drop of 3 points to be honest.

the review was negitive in its tone,the GI guy was hopin for grand experience from draculas perspective and in his eyes didn't get.Also said it was a dissapointment for fans of the first LOS.I really have liked GI's reviews over the years pretty soild overall but i hope this 1 is wrong and is better than that honestly.

Seems like it got trashed by EDGE too. Damn it, I can't believe that Mercury Steam messed up this time. I'm still really, really hyped for this game, since I've loved the first one, but these scores leave a bad taste. Hopefully the reviewers are just some kids that can't get over the fact that LoS 2 "isn't a real Castlevania" or just another Symphony of the Night clone..

Read two reviews of this game so far and unfortunately the scores aren't looking great.

Edge: "The first lords of shadow is remembered as a commendable achievement from a relatively small team working to a comparatively tight budget. it's sequel, by contrast, cannot disguise the resources with which it was made. lords of shadow 2 is clunky, ugly and deeply misguided. it's a game that sees the lord of the damned as a vehicle for rat-powered linear stealth, and that takes a future Gothic-London setting and then sets the action in tower blocks and sewers. mercury steam says this will be the final game in the lords of shadow saga, and on the evidence of the cluttered, bloated and forgettable mess, it's just as well." - 4/10

Game Informer: "Satan's head honchos have embedded themselves in modern business, heading up industries including pharmaceutical and weapons manufacturing. That gives Gabriel a reason to infiltrate a few generic factory levels, where he leaves his combat abilities at the door in exchange for tedious stealth - opening doors by turning into piles of rats and possessing generic guards. After surviving these sections, as well as a later stealth area that is truly a worst-in-class experience, I understand why Gabriel craves death's sweet embrace." - 6/10

Hopefully the rest of the reviews are better, really enjoyed the first LoS when it came out, but have to admit I was slightly disappointed by the demo for this one, very glitchy IMO