a BIG problem with my fable 2

jinkaza1

I got for christmas brand new a copy of fable 2. It was off thehut.com

I had used them before and had no reason too doubt them. The first time I put it in (it was brand new by the way)after the section with the magic box thing it froze. I checked it for scratches and I found none. I continued playing and it seemed at random parts the game would freeze. I still have no scratches on it and it still is freezing. Because of this I have too save every few minutes too stop myself from losing data. It has now become so cumbersome and annoying that I do not play it anymore. It even turns out that some of my friends are having the same problems and even one that got it from a local shop brand new 2day had it happened too them. This has made me think that it might not just be me that is having this problem. Has anyone else had this problem, or could anyone please just offer suggestions?(before you ask I did clean it when it first started happening and there are no visable scratches)

I got for christmas brand new a copy of fable 2. It was off thehut.com

I had used them before and had no reason too doubt them. The first time I put it in (it was brand new by the way)after the section with the magic box thing it froze. I checked it for scratches and I found none. I continued playing and it seemed at random parts the game would freeze. I still have no scratches on it and it still is freezing. Because of this I have too save every few minutes too stop myself from losing data. It has now become so cumbersome and annoying that I do not play it anymore. It even turns out that some of my friends are having the same problems and even one that got it from a local shop brand new 2day had it happened too them. This has made me think that it might not just be me that is having this problem. Has anyone else had this problem, or could anyone please just offer suggestions?(before you ask I did clean it when it first started happening and there are no visable scratches)

Best thing you can try is installing to the HD... >_< Good luck.

Yeh i would say save it too the HHD, also try playing on a different account on different save just to making sure you don't have a corrupt save file.

Also your game could have foil damage being exposed to too much light which i don't is the case but can happen

Good luck sorting it out :)

I just installed it too my HDD and the part where you travel too the chamber of fate too start the hero of skill quest used too always freeze.

first time i tried it after installing too HDD it worked fine. so far so good. lets just hope it stays like that.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a known problem and is all over the Lionhead Community Forums.

They released an announcement the other day, which, I, and a lot of other people find ABSOLUTELY ridiculous:

"The "freezing game" issue statistically occurs in a relatively small number of cases (around 15%), it has proved impossible to reproduce and so for this reason is highly unlikely to be the subject of a bug fix or patch."

15% - a relatively small number? oh dear...

Members have found that installing to HDD solves the problem, however in some cases, the problem still persists, and in these cases are being advised to contact Microsoft.

Although that will probably end up in an endless loop:

Microsoft <---> Lionhead