Stop complain about $15

OG T UNIT

Are you sick of hearing that LIMBO is too expensive?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Are you sick of hearing that LIMBO is too expensive?

• Yes, people need to stop complaining about a great game.
    • No, they have a good argument.
    • I didn't know people were complaining about the $$$

This game is amazing. It is fun. It is original. People need to stop complaining about the price for how short it is, or the fact that it doesn't have a story. The reasons you love this game are the same reasons its short. The puzzles are not repetitive, it doesn't have a bad or forced story, and its very easy to jump right into.

Am I the only one that thinks anyone who complains on the price is just a whiner who will complain about everything?

That is your opinion.

My opinion is: The game is ok, it's certainly not great, but not bad either. It's worth 800MSP, not the 1200, IN MY OPINION.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and to state those opinions. The one with the problem here seems to be you, since you don't want anyone to voice an opinion that differs from yours.

The problem is $15 is a different amount of money to different people. Most gamers are sit on the couch, broke, jobless dudes who have to sell their soul to buy an arcade game. For others, $15 is nothing at all. Its all your perception of the price, not the number itself.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and to state those opinions. The one with the problem here seems to be you, since you don't want anyone to voice an opinion that differs from yours.

Well it is true that I do have a problem, its not that I have no respect for others opinions. I did start a thread asking about the subject after-all.

What I would really like is for someone to convince me WHY this game is not worth 1200 MSP while another game is.

If it is because you don't like the type of game it is, why say it is not worth the price. If you weren't a fan of JRGs, would you say Final Fantasy 13 isn't worth $60, or would you just say you didn't like it.

My issue is more that so many people are saying how great the game is, while at the same time saying it isn't worth 1200 MSP. ( I had just got done listening to the CAGCast when I started this thread). I guess I just want someone who genuinely likes the game to tell me why it isn't worth 1200 while another game is.

Where orafalcons was pointing out that it depends on your perception of $15, to me that is more a complaint on the price of games vs what you can afford, then a comment on the quality of the game. If $15 is a lot of money to you, what game would be worth $15?

I don't mean to troll, I am just sick of people picking apart an original, and what I think is, a very fun game.

It's worth every penny.

Even if you only get a few hours play (which is completely false anyway, there's 10 minimum if you want to find everything) it's still cheaper and longer lasting than a trip to the cinema, which nobody complains about, and you get to keep this.

£10/$15 is fine. You'd spend 3-4 times that on beer on a night out and not complain. Think of this as comparitively a cheap evening in instead.

$15 is definitely too steep for the length of this game. Now, I love this game and think it's great. I love supporting Indie developers and I understand that they need money, so I justified the price in my eyes. I can't say the same for anyone else.

The game is only 4 hours and there's not much hidden content to really entice another playthrough. You beat the game and you're done, achievements not withstanding. Most people will see this as a fun, but how can you justify 1 playthrough for $15?

This game is amazing. It is fun. It is original. People need to stop complaining about the price for how short it is, or the fact that it doesn't have a story. The reasons you love this game are the same reasons its short. The puzzles are not repetitive, it doesn't have a bad or forced story, and its very easy to jump right into.

Am I the only one that thinks anyone who complains on the price is just a whiner who will complain about everything?

Yeah, I think your pretty much alone here, I love the game, I bought it, don't really regret it because I think the game warrants numerous playthroughs. But do I really think it was worth a full 1200 MSP, no, reason being, just when the puzzles were kind of getting tough, the game ended, I was pretty pissed, the games great, as far as originality goes, its a puzzle platformer, we've all seen them, they are great fun. Only thing original about is the art style, the black on white on gray on black is really neat to look at, and its pretty creepy at times, and I like that. And its probably the first game of its kind to be complete free flow, with no "LEVEL COMPLETED" signs taking center of the screen. I really enjoy Limbo its a game I think everyone needs to experience, but microsoft has been crazy in the last year or so pricing they're arcade titles. I think they really need to reevaluate their prices.

I like how 2 of the people who say it isn't worth 1200 have changed their signature to reflect their enjoyment of the game. I guess I just don't get it.

Well, that's because you're dumb.

Nobody said they didn't like the game. Read slower. You're, dumb.

I like how 2 of the people who say it isn't worth 1200 have changed their signature to reflect their enjoyment of the game. I guess I just don't get it.

Dude, what's your deal? You can still like the game but dislike the price.

Anyway, I bought it, and I agree that it wasn't really worth the $15. In fact, when I was almost through, I went back to dashboard with the intent to never play it again, and I had only gotten 3 achievements for it. Now, I'm planning on getting the final achievement (no sense in dying) but when I did beat the game, I was disappointed. I was frustrated with the difficulty (my opinion is that you have to be too precise and there is little room for human error) and it was too hyped up IN MY OPINION. It was really neat, but didn't really bring anything "new" to the table. I mean, I've seen reverse gravity, I've seen "beat the clock" sort of puzzles, so it's not "new", but it is fun.

I just wish that for $15 I would have gotten something more than just 10 or so hours. Braid gave me more than that, and it wasn't nearly as frustrating.

Just leave it at that. No one will be able to say "I think these reasons make it worth less than 1200 but it's my favorite game ever," so you might as well stop trying to figure it out, you'll probably just end up frustrating yourself.

It's a good game, but not a GREAT game. My opinion.

In my opinion this game is slightly above average. 2 1/2 out of 4 stars. I read the reviews that this game is magical, exciting, like nothing you have ever dreamed of etc. I watched my buddy play and beat the game, but all i really seen was was a short 2d puzzle game. I think its one of those games that are fun the first time through. For example I spent my money on the game i would know exactly what to do for every puzzle.

i bought it... i loved it... i still don't feel it's worth the $15 i paid... compared to games like shadow complex or battlefield 1943 or a few other games that cost the same price, i just don't feel like i got my money's worth... hell even worms armageddon, which was only 800, has given me 100+ hours of gameplay

I didn't buy Limbo when it came out because I'm a broke college student. Now even if I had money to blow I'm not sure I'd get Limbo. It looks like a cool game and all (played the demo) but there's no way it should cost 15 dollars. For just a little more I could probably go get Mario and an NES if you like side scrollers or a little more and I could get Prince of Persia if you like puzzles. I'd expect to see this game on AddictingGames.com not on XBLA. Especially when you can get multiplayer more in depth games like Monday Night Combat and even Hydro Thunder.

Just giving my two cents from the perspective of someone who only has two cents.

i love the game and dont muiss the 1200 points i spent on it, i do miss teh points i have spent on other shite on xbox llive like the army of two add on which has glitched achievements, the map pack i bought for avp only to find out they are stopping support for the game amongst other things

All though i was interested in this game and its originality the $15 price tag just annoys me, what happened to last year when i could buy 2 arcade games with 1600 msp card. But not i can only buy 1 and have to buy another card just to get some DLC/Arcade game i want. Whoever decided "Hey lets bump the price of all DLC/Arcades to 1200" deserves to be punched.