Achievement Guide + Roadmap

Shelton

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for your fast reply Shelton.

So, basically when starting season 3, I just need to do that from 1st race till the last one, and I'm done?

No problem. Exactly right. When the new season begins, set the first race to expert. Every subsequent race will automatically be on expert, as long as you change the assists back during the race. The achievement will pop after the last race of the season, if you win the championship.

No problem. Exactly right. When the new season begins, set the first race to expert. Every subsequent race will automatically be on expert, as long as you change the assists back during the race. The achievement will pop after the last race of the season, if you win the championship.

Thx, sounds perfect. I'll have to work on this after my 2nd season. I hope it won't be too damn hard with AI on legendary :D

This because "top team" is defined as in the top 3 in the constructors championship, so meeting your starting teams objective will also pop "Big One" if your team is top 3 at the end of the season. The way to make sure you get "Team Leader","Big One", and "Hot Property" all in the first season is:

- make sure you choose your toughest rival

- don't sign a new contract until after the last race

- win the drivers championship; this will guarantee you a minimum 3rd in the constructors even if your teammate gets no points, and giving "Big One"

- at the end of the season you are automatically number one on your team and get "Team Leader" even though you havent signed a contract yet

- now sign with one of the teams above you for "Hot Property" (you will always be offered at least one of these - whichever one your rival was with )

One thing I should mention; I don't know what would happen with "Hot Property" if you won every race and finished first in the constructors championship; there wouldn't be a team above you. It wasn't an issue for me as I only clinched over Hamilton in the last race, winning by 21 points.

I've won the drivers and constructors title 4 years on the trot but haven't unlocked the big one achievement. Not sure why, do you need to be the number one driver at your team?

I've won the drivers and constructors title 4 years on the trot but haven't unlocked the big one achievement. Not sure why, do you need to be the number one driver at your team?

If you have won it 4 years in a row, shouldn't you already be the number one driver? AFAIK, whether you are the number one or two driver doesn't matter. It's possible that this achievement is just glitchy. Keep trying...

Great guide...

Thanks for the guide man, good work.

:D Thanks.

Hey shelton i just wanna know if i could off the autosave and try to get the world champion expert?because when im doing practice, qualifying or race i change the assist to whatever is easiest for me and when im done i cant change the difficulty to expert back but to custom.maybe if i finish the race and change back to expert mode and save it myself would it work?? thanks!

Hey shelton i just wanna know if i could off the autosave and try to get the world champion expert?because when im doing practice, qualifying or race i change the assist to whatever is easiest for me and when im done i cant change the difficulty to expert back but to custom.maybe if i finish the race and change back to expert mode and save it myself would it work?? thanks!

Hey mate, when you start the race weekend, set it to expert. All assists will be off. If you then pause and change the ones you want, it will change to custom. However, if you change the assists back to what they originally were, it will switch to expert. It will say it up top, so you will know when the settings are correct.

Doing it the other way (turning off autosave) is unconfirmed, so do it at your own risk.

Hey mate, when you start the race weekend, set it to expert. All assists will be off. If you then pause and change the ones you want, it will change to custom. However, if you change the assists back to what they originally were, it will switch to expert. It will say it up top, so you will know when the settings are correct.

Doing it the other way (turning off autosave) is unconfirmed, so do it at your own risk.

Ohk thanks mate!

I'm going to be submitting this soon, but there are two things I need to test/confirm. "The Big One" seems to be causing a lot of problems. I'm unsure whether it is glitchy or the guide is incorrect. Feedback on how people have unlocked this and when would be appreciated. The other thing is in regards to boosting. If I have 3 players and 9 legendary AI, do I get more XP than if I have 2 players and 10 legendary AI? Obviously with 3 players you would be alternating between 1st, 2nd and 3rd as opposed to just 1st and 2nd... Has anyone tried this?

I got "The big one" in my first season, it popped the very second I won the WDC with Virgin.

Same with me, except mine was in the second season.

I got it when I accepted a contract with Red Bull in season 3.

I was on either Korea or Brazil and I accepted Red Bulls offer, who were leading the constructors champ. at that time.

Unsure on the XP thing.

This throws me. How are you meeting their contract requirement when you're not even racing for them? Maybe the game thinks you are with that team as soon as you accept the contract? However, if that were the case, you would get the achievement for winning the Constructors Championship too. No one has mentioned anything like that, so I doubt it.

I really don't know what is going on with the achievement. If the general consensus is that it can be unlocked by winning the WDC (or) Constructors then I guess I'll leave it as is and put a disclaimer saying it is glitchy.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Same with me, except mine was in the second season.

This throws me. How are you meeting their contract requirement when you're not even racing for them? Maybe the game thinks you are with that team as soon as you accept the contract? However, if that were the case, you would get the achievement for winning the Constructors Championship too. No one has mentioned anything like that, so I doubt it.

I really don't know what is going on with the achievement. If the general consensus is that it can be unlocked by winning the WDC (or) Constructors then I guess I'll leave it as is and put a disclaimer saying it is glitchy.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I was leading the WDC at that point and was driving for Sauber who were 2nd in the Drivers Table.....

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1389/34.jpgWorld Champion - Expert60 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Win the Formula 1 Drivers' Championship on the Expert Difficulty setting

Well, here it is, the hardest achievement in the game. Let me break down for you what the expert difficulty entails.

*All assists off--This includes traction control, automatic gears, ABS, racing line, and brake assist (which is useless, so no big deal losing that).

*Simulation options set to full--This includes realistic rules and flags, tyre simulation, fuel simulation and full damage.

*The AI is set to legendary difficulty.

The biggest hurdle for most will be the lack of traction control and the use of manual gears. Without traction control, spinning becomes a common occurrence. Even the slightest mistake and you will be punished. My advice, never brake whilst turning. NEVER. It's just asking for trouble. Go wide, brake, then turn. Do not push full throttle when coming out of a corner. Ease back up to speed, or you will spin. Be very wary of the kerbs and do not go off road.

Learn the tracks in and out. You need to know the best lines. Also, opt for consistency. No point going flat out if you're going to spin and lose more positions than you gained. Your car setup is important too. This site has great setups for each track. For more hints, see here.

The achievement must be done in Career, so you are going to need to wait until you get contract offers from better teams, to have any chance of winning the Championship on expert.

At the end of the day, nothing beats practice.

Alternative Method (Easier)

Start the season (first race, Bahrain) on expert. When you get on the track, enter the pause menu and change the assists to whatever is easiest for you. You're going to trick the game into thinking that you are playing on expert. Before ending the session, whether it be practice, qualifying, or the race, enter the pause menu again and set the assists back to what they originally were (outlined above). The game autosaves at the start and end of the session, so you can trick it in the middle. Continue to do this for the entire season, win, and the achievement will come. A few things to note:

*Do not save a setup whilst you have any assists on. This will cause the game to autosave, thus ruining the exploit.

*You can restart a race with assists set to on, same for qualifying.

*You can enter the garage with assists set to on.

As long as the game doesn't autosave when you have assists on, the exploit will work.

Another note on this achievement. Although you can change the driving assists to suit your needs, the other factors that are activated when choosing Expert mode (tire and fuel simulation, AI driving ability, etc...) cannot be changed. So if you're not very good (like me) and have a hard time winning against the Legendary AI drivers, this achievement still won't come easy!

• 3 weeks later...

For "The Big One" achievement i believe it functions exactly the same as "Attracting Attention" with the difference being that a team leading the constructors championship must be offering a contract. I received the cheevos at the exactly the same time in my first season when lotus offered to resign me while I was on top of both drivers and constructors championships and the cheevo popped without me even accepting the contract.

WTF?? FAVORITISM AGAIN!!!! look at the rating 5 star and i cannot vote on it and the other one has a 1 star and i cant vote im sure its been locked by a mod! flipping eck this is not the first time too! its getting out of hand with all the FAVORITISM thats going on!

Agreed

I also think that the game ratings from each game are getting worse each day. 8 /10 that only applys for 2 cheevs the rest are easy ish to do

Edited by Mr Matty

Agreed

I also think that the game ratings from each game are getting worse each day. 8 /10 that only applys for 2 cheevs the rest are easy ish to do

x360a allows the guide creator to post their own thoughts on the difficulty. Obviously not everyone is going to agree. However, I have to point out, it is difficult to get 1000. I'm not rating 48/50 achievements. Very few people have won a season on expert. Not many have completed the game, thus I don't see why there is an issue. You may not agree but then I'm sure I wouldn't agree with your proposed difficulty rating. Who is right?

Until x360a decide to have polls like PS3Trophies do, you're just going to have to live with it.