This is stupid

Mister Buds

I finally decided to go back and play some of the games I've bought on my Windows Phone. The problems started immediately.

I had changed my XBL password since the last time I was on my WP. This led to a problem where the phone would not accept my new password or allow me to play any games or interact with the store. After spending 3 hours. Yes, 3 hours, I finally got the problem solved but I had to reset my phone.

Before resetting my phone, I had 6.73GB of free space. After resetting my phone, which deletes everything and installs factory settings, I have 3.12GB left. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

So I went through and uninstalled literally everything that I could, 3.80GB. Tried to reinstall a previously purchased game and it tells me I don't have enough space.

Search the internet for a while and find an app that helps clear up space on your phone that you're not able to access. Try that out, gets me up to 4.29GB of free space.

Phone still won't let me install any game, regardless of size. It just gives me the message that I've used up all my storage.

It's pissing me off to no end that I have significantly less free space after RESETTING my phone and now it will not let me install any game! If anyone has any explanation, fix, or anything, please let me know.

Do you have WP7 or WP8? There was an update for 8 recently (if you haven't used it in a while) that could potentially take up a bit of space. I don't know if the phone would auto update if reset to factory settings.

What game(s) are you trying to download? With 3+ gigs free you should be able to install any game I believe. I usually notice a game won't install if there's less than twice the size of the game. I don't think any of the games are over 1.5gb.

If it's a big game, try installing something small and see if that works. Also, if you haven't restarted your phone, maybe that could be it? It will auto restart when resetting it but sometimes my phone will get weird and a restart will fix it.

Sorry if none of this helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you notice that whether your phone had any update when you resetted it? I think your free space was occupied by a big update. By the way, my phone also has problems with the storage size. Can you suggest me the app that can clear up hidden and unused files?

//Billy,

Vanadisgym

Edited by Billy94

Did you notice that whether your phone had any update when you resetted it? I think your free space was occupied by a big update. By the way, my phone also has problems with the storage size. Can you suggest me the app that can clear up hidden and unused files?

the best thing to do is get a expansion micro SD card