Wow this game is Hard, Anyone agree?

ShaunMichael80

After a bit of practice, it does get easier. I was finding it extremely difficult too, but now I'm up to 165G, including the achievement for completing it on the hardest difficulty (was quite surprised at that). I still struggle a bit on the 4th level though, haven't worked out a good strategy for that level's boss.

Edited by dab198

I'm still completely dumbfounded how people on the leaderboards are getting 4+ million points, I went from start to finish and got just over 1 million. Are there massive 500k+ type bonuses for finishing with an S rating or soemthing?

I'm still completely dumbfounded how people on the leaderboards are getting 4+ million points, I went from start to finish and got just over 1 million. Are there massive 500k+ type bonuses for finishing with an S rating or soemthing?

Getting an S Rating really increases your points multiplier at the end of each level. Getting an S Rating on all of the bosses will easily get you over 3,000,000 points. I think the guys that are getting the really high scores are working the multipliers (getting 8x-16x multipliers for shooting the enemies right before the crash into the plane versus shooting them at the top of the screen.)

So you think this is tougher than Metal slug 3 and Geo wars...?

Having played all three and sucking at Geometry Wars and Metal Slug 3, I'd have to say this is the easiest of the three (for me at least ehehe). This game scales well in that it is really challenging at first but once you play through a few times you tend to get into a groove. The bosses seem a bit easier and the levels don't feel as hard once you've gone through them a few times.

The only thing that makes the game hard is that in other shootem ups you are used to only a small part of your ship taking damage. Like if you play ikaruga on the 2nd level i think you can fit your plane through the spaces in the boxes and stuff. But in this game your entire ship can take damage, the wings everything. The ship seems to take up much more space then most other shmups and sometimes it's hard to manuever between bullets. Though once you get used to it and how to dodge it becomes much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Not being Big Headed but the game is so easy that even Babies can complete it.. I'm ranked 20 on the Leaderboards - Vampyre Shadows, I completed the game 1 credit 6 lives left..

I've got all the achievements:locked apart from the Shinden and S Rank one's.. I can 'S' rank every level apart from the first.. As you need to outrun the Stealth for the S Rank

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really like this game a lot. However I don't think it is that hard compared to some other games in the genre. For example I find Ikaruga to be much harder than 1942. The only achievement that I had to struggle with in this game was the one where you have to complete the game with the Shinden. It is fast but so very fragile. The S-ranking was also a little hard since the first boss has to go down within 13 seconds (if you save your bombs and spam the midsection it does go down really fast though).

Only have the "Wing King" left to do and it will probably give me quite a challenge. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...