Both ending achievements AND ranger easy / hardcore in ONE PLAYTHRU!!

Ibanez V7

This is how I managed to get both endings and the Ranger Easy / Ranger Hardcore achievements in one playthrough. Not 100% sure you have to do all this, but this is what I did.

1. Download the DLC before playing the game or starting another playthrough.

2. You can choose Easy difficulty (doesn't have to be Ranger Easy).

3. Trigger the Enlightened ending. (You may not need to do this, see edit below).

4. At the end of the game decide which ending you want. You'll either get "If it's hostile, you kill it" or "Enlightened" depending on what you decided to do.

5. After the credits, back at the title screen, choose to continue.

6. Go to options and change the difficulty to Ranger Easy, make sure you save and exit and then quit to the title screen.

7. Choose to continue again (go to options and make sure you're on Ranger Easy) and play the last part of the game again but trigger the opposite ending you did in step 4. You should now get the other ending achievement AND "Survivor" for completing the game on Ranger Easy.

8. Repeat from step 5 but choose Ranger Hardcore this time. Make sure you trigger the first ending you did again. It doesn't work if you use the same ending twice in a row.

EDIT: (Jan 7th) If you have the original 1000G and just need the DLC achievements, you'll need to start a new game with the DLC installed. It means another playthrough but you'll still be able to get Ranger Easy / Hardcore achievements in the same game.

EDIT: (Jan 23rd) It appears you do not need the enlightened ending, though possibly only if you've attained it previously. My advice would be to go for the enlightened ending if you don't already have both ending achievements, otherwise just blast through the game and use consecutive bad endings to get Survivor and Last Man Standing.

Credit to deadly doll and billjones0302 for confirming.

Edited by Ibanez V7

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

This sounds good

I am going to try this later and hopefully get my 100% back heh.

If you've got a current save where you're able to get the 'Enlightened' ending, load that up and try switching between the difficulties and endings and let us know if it works that way too.

• 2 weeks later...

Worked for me but not exactly as was stated here. When I went in and changed the difficulty it would not give me the other difficulty endings using this guide.

I had to change the difficulty and then exit back to dashboard. Then come back into the game and continue. Then it worked perfectly using the opposite ending from the last time I completed it.

So if anyone else is not getting it then try exiting to dashboard after changing the difficulty.

Worked for me but not exactly as was stated here. When I went in and changed the difficulty it would not give me the other difficulty endings using this guide.

I had to change the difficulty and then exit back to dashboard. Then come back into the game and continue. Then it worked perfectly using the opposite ending from the last time I completed it.

So if anyone else is not getting it then try exiting to dashboard after changing the difficulty.

I also had to quit to dashboard in order for the glitch to work! Thank you to Qonok for pointing that out and thanks to Ibanez V7 for posting the glitch in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that it works to set the game on easy for All DLC achievements.However,something that should be noted:Because I blew through the game my on my 3rd playthrough,I did not bother putting the effort into getting the enlightened achievement like I did on my 1st playthrough.So on my 3rd,I got the bad ending on easy,reloaded checkpoint,changed difficulty to RANGER EASY,got BAD ending again,unlocked achvmnt,reloaded checkpoint,set it to RANGER HARDCORE and then got that achvmnt.

So,it would certainly seem that it does not matter what ending you get:meaning you don't have to bother with all the requirements for getting the enlightened ending,then switch difficulty on reload,get bad ending,switch difficulty again and then go through enlightened ending.

Both ranger settings unlocked on BAD ending.I had to play the game over due to reloading chapters for some of the original game achvmnts.

Also on my 2nd playthrough I did ad ending.I only did enlightened ending the very first time I played it.

It worked for me anyway & hopefully works for others.Saves some time!

Well am I the only where this glitch is not working....? I completed my fourth this morning and no matter what I do its still impossible to get the Explorer, Sherlock and both Ranger Difficulty achievements. Also the Sticky Nade and the Weaponsmith refuse to unlock. I pretty much in the Dark here... Anyone please explain wtf i am doing wrong ???

works like a charm

Worked! Thank you. I had completed he game before the DLC, so I had to make another playthrough, but your information is correct. One thing I would note...I rushed through the game, so I did not do everything I needed for the good ending. Only had the bad ending; however, the achievements unlocked without incident.

Now, only one achievement left and I am going to put this game to bed.