How many *@~:; attempts did that achievement take!

budden11

Hi all,

First of all I came on and was deciding, should I spend £20 on microsoft points and buy the Mortal Kombat season pass but I heard that had issues so I went for Nicholson Electroplating as I had already purchased the Rockstar Pass.

So I try downloading it from the Xbox Live menu but it says it 320 points which I didn't have, so I put in disc 3 (As it was an arson case) and did my 5mb update then I went to download the DLC as it had content owned - download next to it, so I press that and I get some error message saying it can't download, but when really it was and getting stuck at 99%.

So I turned off my console and stuck in disc 1, and then I did the same and it worked on the in-game download menu, so i then stuck in disc 3.

Well after going off topic slightly, the case was pretty cool seeing a A-bomb mushroom cloud was cool, but I like others on these websites like to get achievements, and trying to shoot 2 of those drivers was really screwing with me, I kept missing the first car as I have terrible aiming, so I kept getting killed and then messing up over and over, and then when I killed the driver, I go for the next car coming up the road and some civilian car knocks me on my ass and the guys gets out his car, I finally got this achievement after 22 attempts, my aiming really sucked, but stress over 54 out 60 achievements for this game now, almost to 1400.

Thanks for reading this uninteresting topic, haha

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took maybe 20 tries, was a relief when I finally got it. :)

This case was for the record... a disappointment. Way to short, and too little questioning (which acording to me is the best part in L.A. Noire). Could definetly had been better, the trailer looked awsome as hell!

honestly I got this achievement on my second try, if yall purchased the rockstar pass or have the chicago piano, jus go to the trunk of your car, pull that baby out and clap the cars as they come (2 from the left, 1 from behind your starting position, 1 from the right if memory serves) you have multiple chances.

Edited by Jack Napier

Took maybe 20 tries, was a relief when I finally got it. :)

This case was for the record... a disappointment. Way to short, and too little questioning (which acording to me is the best part in L.A. Noire). Could definetly had been better, the trailer looked awsome as hell!

I agree 100%. The case was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fucking short.. beat it in about 25-30 min. guess I cant complain too much tho, rockstar pass was a great deal. now waiting for reefer madness.

Edited by Jack Napier

really hated this achievement.:mad: it took me around 10 tries, & I think I got it because of it some how glitching on me as on the 10th try. I missed the first car, but was able to nail the second car & it popped right after that

this DLC was okay but way to short as other than trying to get this frickin achievement, it only too about 30-40 min to complete. the explosion at the beginning was cool though, kind of reminded me of Megaton blowing up in Fallout 3

I swear this one glitched for me but in a good way. I only killed the driver from the left, heard the horn, ran towards the front of the warehouse. Saw the car turn towards me, it came to a stop and I shot him right before he got out of the car but he didn't die. And it popped right after!!! Weird because this kind of thing never happens to me. I got it on my first try.

Yea about 10 for me aswell. after i got the pattern of all 3 cars i was bound to kill 2 of them.

Yea it took me a while also. It was a really annoying achievement and I wished they chose better achievements for this DLC before it got certified.

Also, don't think I"ve seen you before Annalie, so HI :D

Yea it took me a while also. It was a really annoying achievement and I wished they chose better achievements for this DLC before it got certified.

Also, don't think I"ve seen you before Annalie, so HI :D

Hi nice to meet you shakes hand*:D

it was a very annoying achievement because out of the 10 times i tried, i would shoot the hell out of the windshield and they would both get out of the car unscathed. but then fall dead and the achievement unlocked. i didn't complain. 1300/1300:p bring on reefer madness.

Took me about 8 goes. I killed myself to reset the scene more times than i died in the whole game!

And yes the case was too short infact thats my 1 main gripe with the main game.

Would rather have less cases next time that are 2 to 3 times longer than the ones in this game.

Same here man I got killed way more going for this achievement then actually completing the game.

I kept killing myself because I would shoot the driver then he would get out of the car and just fall over and die, I got mire when I kept firing the pistol at the 1st car and 1 of them got out, but I got the gun from the back of the car and the 2nd car came behind, so I kept shooting as much as I could, even when he stopped I was shooting from a dodgy angle but the achievement popped up and relieved was I

Hi all,

First of all I came on and was deciding, should I spend £20 on microsoft points and buy the Mortal Kombat season pass but I heard that had issues so I went for Nicholson Electroplating as I had already purchased the Rockstar Pass.

So I try downloading it from the Xbox Live menu but it says it 320 points which I didn't have, so I put in disc 3 (As it was an arson case) and did my 5mb update then I went to download the DLC as it had content owned - download next to it, so I press that and I get some error message saying it can't download, but when really it was and getting stuck at 99%.

So I turned off my console and stuck in disc 1, and then I did the same and it worked on the in-game download menu, so i then stuck in disc 3.

Well after going off topic slightly, the case was pretty cool seeing a A-bomb mushroom cloud was cool, but I like others on these websites like to get achievements, and trying to shoot 2 of those drivers was really screwing with me, I kept missing the first car as I have terrible aiming, so I kept getting killed and then messing up over and over, and then when I killed the driver, I go for the next car coming up the road and some civilian car knocks me on my ass and the guys gets out his car, I finally got this achievement after 22 attempts, my aiming really sucked, but stress over 54 out 60 achievements for this game now, almost to 1400.

Thanks for reading this uninteresting topic, haha

Not many here one thing pissed me off when I first did I clearly killed the the first MP then again shot and killed the second one no dam achievement popped , but on the second time around it did yay achievement popped

Edited by my_box_72

On my fifth try i got the achievement, so 6 times i played the chase leading up to it.

The last four times i managed to be ahead of the guy i was chasing and beating him to the area lol

The thing that kept me from doing it was the fear of dying too early and also once i ran into the car which knocked my over silly and by the time i got up they were all there which was annoying.

Then after thinking about the suit Hacksaw, did it again and like i said in another thread, just ran out from the parked car, shot the guy on the stairs, turned left and killed driver and got the achievement there and then. ^^

Must admit it's a pretty damn hard achievement for this type of game and ontop of that due to the length of time it takes before actually getting the opportunity also makes it possibly one of the hardest i've ever got.

And i've finished all call of duty games on Veteren. And this was in my eyes fairly hard to get but worth getting :)