Worth buying?

SteamboatWi11y

I have been curious about this game for quite some time, I'm not a huge survival horror genre player, I have been a gamer long enough to have played some of the classics, Resident Evils, Silent Hill 1 and 2, etc... Anyway I had seen videos and ads back when this was first released but was never sure about if I would enjoy playing it. So I was looking to get some opinions, if this is worth a buy. Im not into games of this style that require you play a multiplayer mode or do a co-op online story run either (no I havent checked the achievement list yet to see if it has either so please forgive me) so I was hoping to get some honest opinions, and some pros and cons about this game.

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The collectors edition comes with "The Signal" DLC included. I picked it up in the UK a few months back for £19.99.

Enjoyed the game more than i thought i would, not too difficult and not a huge amount of collectibles, playing through again on the hardest setting was much easier and enjoyable than i thought it would be.

I have been curious about this game for quite some time, I'm not a huge survival horror genre player, I have been a gamer long enough to have played some of the classics, Resident Evils, Silent Hill 1 and 2, etc... Anyway I had seen videos and ads back when this was first released but was never sure about if I would enjoy playing it. So I was looking to get some opinions, if this is worth a buy. Im not into games of this style that require you play a multiplayer mode or do a co-op online story run either (no I havent checked the achievement list yet to see if it has either so please forgive me) so I was hoping to get some honest opinions, and some pros and cons about this game.

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

By now you should be able to find it low enough in price that it is absolutely worth it. It was a really fun game, but I wouldn't really compare it to RE or SH. Alan Wake isn't really survival horror. More suspense action thriller. Don't let the 8-10 hour gameplay fool you. If you go for all the achievements it'll take longer than that. And the DLC is definitely worth it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes you should I got a code for it for free and I loved it. I got to the third level then got side tracked from my friends borrowed Gears of War 3 game, but it is awesome. It honestly was the best game I've played in years. the graphics and sound are stunning and it truly is like your living through a horror book. Its only 17$ at Gamestop now, get it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...