I'll say it - This game is good!

Kaens

I think if people take a step back and look at this game for a game and stop labeling it a kid's game because of the IP it's wrapped in they would get more fun out of it.

The general gameplay is very much like Zelda. *gasp* Blasphemy! It's adventure game that has puzzles all around to progress. Not 'fetch the key' progress, but well designed puzzles that are always solved using the new item you just obtained (like Zelda). Then you fight and oversized boss at the end of the level (like Zelda), again where the key to victory is always the new shiny item you get.

Also like Zelda, there are tons of mini games to distract you. The Havoc puzzles are fun and challenging and the sphere navigation is just like playing Super Monkey Ball. Let's not forget the Chargeball, which is Pong on steriods, and the defending the house game (outside in main menu). All these various types of gameplay keep it from getting monotonous and I never once felt like I was trudging through the game.

So in my opinion, people are just hating on it because they see the children's movie and expect to be handed a free 1000 points like they were in TMNT. This game is GOOD!

I wasn't expecting this game to be as easy as TMNT, but some of this stuff is BS. You have to admit. Those races in the protectosphere are so bogus. Who the hell can beat the second one in under 2:50? The first time I did it, I didn't make it close to the end until I was about 10:00 into it. For a kids game, this game is rather difficult, but yes it is fun to an extent. Hell me and Erton were discussing yesterday how BS some of this is. The Havoced races are a lil on the difficult end and are poorly lighted. The controls tho somewhat simple tend to not always want to do what they are suppossed to. Chargeball is a joke, there is no skill involved in that mini game, simply move left and right and hit the "sweetspot". In each game I've won, I only used the Freeze cheat once. All others I didn't get or didn't use.

But yes, it is fun, but a lil too difficult for kids to get 1000 gs on it.

If you've played Super Monkey Ball you would know that the way to get the great times is by doing stuff you shouldn't be doing. Don't follow the path, instead like shoot yourself off the side and "catch" yourself down below on another level. You'll never get a decent time just plodding along the predetermined path. And while I agree the times they set are difficult, it's not linked to any achievement so it's no big deal.

If you've played Super Monkey Ball you would know that the way to get the great times is by doing stuff you shouldn't be doing. Don't follow the path, instead like shoot yourself off the side and "catch" yourself down below on another level. You'll never get a decent time just plodding along the predetermined path. And while I agree the times they set are difficult, it's not linked to any achievement so it's no big deal.

Yeah, never played Monkey Ball...and I know the times themselves aren't linked to an achievement, but I tell ya what I almost broke the controller it pissed me off so bad..but I did beat the first one at 1:49 setting a new record by a whole second...

But yea, it is a good game in the sense of puzzles and extra stuff to do, just IMO, its a lil difficult for kids (some kids anyway)....

So in my opinion, people are just hating on it because they see the children's movie and expect to be handed a free 1000 points like they were in TMNT. This game is GOOD!

Wow dude. This coming from you is going to make me have a look at this game. Originally I was going to ignore it for a while because of all the negative threads, but you seem to have a more objective view. Thanks;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I think this game is a total piece of crap, so boring even kids fall asleep playing it, and I got totally stuck somewhere which took me over an hour to figure out where to go...:uzi:

Story Playing for 5 hours got me 250 GS, so it's irritating long road to 1k.

200 GS can be obtained in 10 minutes if you play the security game from the start/menu which is the only positive thng I have to add about this garbage game.

• 7 months later...

I thought it was awful been playing a couple of hours and hate it had much more fun with kung fu panda and megamind its too hard for my six year and i cant barely get into to it i personaly feel its really crappy i'd give it a 4 out of ten only cause of the graphics or it would i've been a 1/10 its jsut so dull

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd:

This game is shit taking a shit.

Man, the boy walks like he has greased shoes, the ball game fucking sucks ass, the scanning takes the speed out of the game, and is overall boring!

What I like is when he is climbing a ladder. It looks like hes crab walking up and down the damn things.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...