Fastest way to earn more XP for your Ranks!

Agreed 3-3 is the best grinding mission in my opinion.

Also, for Trooper players, they actually have some very powerful grenade launchers, specifically the Timed detonation ones. You can lay waste across a map even on Inferno with those. Also, they have a forking Assault Rifle, which I hated at low levels, however, there is a good one once you hit Level 7 that is extremely good at keeping hordes back, and on 3-3 it will take out the Mantises pretty quickly.

The Trooper in my opinion is made to keep the hordes at bay with most of their weapons. It's a great class if you use it well, with light speed healing, very fast run speed, good armor etc.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I haven't tried 3-3 however I did farming on 1-1 for 2nd anthill. Not the first one as the youtube shown because at least 10 ants popped up in 2nd anthill while 1st anthill only popped up 5 ants. I faced West to the 2nd anthill where I stood by the road nearby the water. I did it with Jet with Goalstrike missiles launcher...works the best and sometime 1-2 ants come out to escape and follow you but they are dead by then because of the bots.

3-3 is nice because you can sit so much farther back, plus youll get spider kills which take a long time. And overall, you get 3-6 wasps (depending on difficulty) and 3 mantises, so theres good chance for weapon drops. Just a personal opinion.

Pro-tip:

3-3

1. Play until the three hills (two ant, one spider) spawn.

2. Go the distance. (Get the hell away from them.)

3. Auto-locking missile/rocket launcher. (There is a suitable one for all classes.)

4. Tie down trigger and follow Elvis. (Leave the building/whatever.)

5. Return later.

6. ???

7. PROFIT.

Reason I like this spot is you also get spider kills. Plus, there are 3 hills instead of one. Just be careful not to stand too close to the back of the level because Kicker and Cyrus are damn retarded and get stuck on that back wall somehow until you blow them away from it with explosives.

For Inferno 3-3, how long it takes you to do this to get 65k xp and finish 3-3 altogether? Which armor (Rank 8) is the best to get that level done quickly to max 65k xp ? Only for Daddy Warbugs achievement...is this good? Or any other levels?

I'm not sure how long it takes. I just leave it on before I go anywhere. Work, store, couples massage with my wife, whatever.

When you've actually got time to play just play. Odds are you'll get just as many kills, or least the same experience, because you get such large bonuses just for finishing objectives. Just enjoy the game. :)

Also, with possibly just a few exceptions, almost every explosive weapon suffers from lower damage per second than an assault rifle (or in some cases a sniper). What this means is that despite explosive weapons having area of effect, there is a chance that if you're good with your assault rifle/sniper you'll still kill more bugs with those than the explosives.

For more info on "damage per second" check out my guide on Gamefaqs for the first game. The same logic applies to this game. The math on a handful of weapons for this game would need to be slightly modified (to account for things you see like 2x8x708), but other than that works perfectly.

Once I manage to get all the weapons I might make a guide for this game that does all the same the last one did (except for maybe when and where weapons drop, because I only received that information by luck from a source since you can't exactly check in the game).

Would anyone like a guide for this game that was just like the last?

For grinding Daddy WarBugs, use the T8 Battle+Pesticide on level 3:3. Just keep shooting it/blocking it with your shield and you'll be done with the level in about 15 minutes, netting ~55k every time. It's got the most bosses/ant hills/waypoints which are the biggest experience gains.

For Inferno 3-3, how long it takes you to do this to get 65k xp and finish 3-3 altogether? Which armor (Rank 8) is the best to get that level done quickly to max 65k xp ? Only for Daddy Warbugs achievement...is this good? Or any other levels?

It doesn't take long at all since the rest of the level gives many points from ant hills, the 3 mantis, etc.

I used Pesticide mortar to get to the 3 ant hills spot quickly then only had to sit there about 10 minutes with heat seeking Rocket Launcher far away til reached 45K then finished the level to gain the remaining 20K. The whole ordeal took about 25 minutes. Thats how I got the rest needed for High Roller.

But as Pants Party stated, it already is a great credit/experience boosting level as it is and playing it regular without farming and using Pesticide weapons is probally just as efficient.

If you do not want to devote as much time playing, have other things to do, and let it do it's thing, you can farm the 1-1 Ant holes and get the 65K in about 1.5 hours. This is good if you're around to come back and check up on it every so often.

It doesn't take long at all since the rest of the level gives many points from ant hills, the 3 mantis, etc.

I used Pesticide mortar to get to the 3 ant hills spot quickly then only had to sit there about 10 minutes with heat seeking Rocket Launcher far away til reached 45K then finished the level to gain the remaining 20K. The whole ordeal took about 25 minutes. Thats how I got the rest needed for High Roller.

But as Pants Party stated, it already is a great credit/experience boosting level as it is and playing it regular without farming and using Pesticide weapons is probally just as efficient.

If you do not want to devote as much time playing, have other things to do, and let it do it's thing, you can farm the 1-1 Ant holes and get the 65K in about 1.5 hours. This is good if you're around to come back and check up on it every so often.

I tried Jet with Rank 7 for 3-3...it doesnt sit well for her to get 65k xp/CR because it takes too long to kill metal spiders. This level works the best for Battle rank 8 with Pesticide gun as Pants Party stated. That level 3-3 with Battle rank 8 is a way to go if you farming it for DaddyWarBugs if you are done with Lifer achievement. So you and Pants Party are right about that.

It takes 3.1 millions xp to earn for all Rank 8 Armors then you have to earn 8.2 millions CR to spend on all weapons for all armors only if you didn't spend any weapons.

I have to buy all remaining weapons for 4.3 millions xp which takes a long time.

8.2 millions CR to spend for all weapons (Daddy Warbugs)

3.1 millions XP to earn for all armors (Lifer)

Edited by Motorexskygtr32

I tried Jet with Rank 7 for 3-3...it doesnt sit well for her to get 65k xp/CR because it takes too long to kill metal spiders. This level works the best for Battle rank 8 with Pesticide gun as Pants Party stated. That level 3-3 with Battle rank 8 is a way to go if you farming it for DaddyWarBugs if you are done with Lifer achievement. So you and Pants Party are right about that.

It takes 3.1 millions xp to earn for all Rank 8 Armors then you have to earn 8.2 millions CR to spend on all weapons for all armors only if you didn't spend any weapons.

I have to buy all remaining weapons for 4.3 millions xp which takes a long time.

8.2 millions CR to spend for all weapons (Daddy Warbugs)

3.1 millions XP to earn for all armors (Lifer)

Have not tried it with anything else except Battle Armor and couldn't imagine it being any easier with the other 3 armors so I see your frustration there. There is a cluster of Ant/Spider holes in 2-5 also and can gain some good distance so it may be worth some testing there.

You are definitely stronger willed than Iam with this game. I can not see myself having the patience for Daddy WarBugs or Lifer and I wish you the best to get there and becoming probally one of the few with 1k GS :)

Have not tried it with anything else except Battle Armor and couldn't imagine it being any easier with the other 3 armors so I see your frustration there. There is a cluster of Ant/Spider holes in 2-5 also and can gain some good distance so it may be worth some testing there.

You are definitely stronger willed than Iam with this game. I can not see myself having the patience for Daddy WarBugs or Lifer and I wish you the best to get there and becoming probally one of the few with 1k GS :)

IMO, any armors is really up to a person's preference to play with. I really like Battle and Tactical..suits for my style because I likes to kill a lot of bugs. :)

Thank you...its really test your mental with your patience and push you on how far you went with EDFIA. So, I'm pretty much a stubborn guy and wouldn't let anything to overcome me, lol. I have a lot of free times for the summer because my 2 daughters gone with their mother for the summer. I won't see the girls until 2nd week of August and bring them back to my home. They will have 3 weeks to prepare for the school by end of August. That's why I play this game a lot and trying to finish it up before the girls come, lol!

Hmm...2-5, or you could try Chapter 1 Ditchslap like I stated before. It works the best for Tactical, IMO. My opinion, 2nd anthill in 1-1 works the best for Jet because she need to be distance away from ants and has less protective armor than any characters.

It took me a few tries to get it right on 3-3 with T8 Battle because some ants behind me knocked me down during the blast or not enough health laying around during 3 ant hills and wasps. I did speedrun and got 36K XP/CR in 10 minutes. Maybe I didnt do something right. I hate Wasps, sometime during the blast they would shoot the laser at my sheild and I lose it. I die from it...I freaking hate that.

Pants Party, what other weapon is the best to kill spiders and ants from the anthills besides Pesticide Gun for Battle?

For the Battle Armor, I have been using the "Burner" type assault rifles, it seems to take them out twice as fast as any "normal" type assault rifle. They dont hold as many rounds, but they do extra burn damage, PLUS, they cause a small explosion that will hurt anything thats right next to any enemy.

You guys seem to be boosting at tier 8 for credits, do you all have all armors at level 8? Ive been going for a while and am only on tier 7 on 1 class. Im not sure exactly what i should do, im willing to grind on a single level for credits but its going to be a complete pain to go from 1-8 on all armors.

You guys seem to be boosting at tier 8 for credits, do you all have all armors at level 8? Ive been going for a while and am only on tier 7 on 1 class. Im not sure exactly what i should do, im willing to grind on a single level for credits but its going to be a complete pain to go from 1-8 on all armors.

Earning XP and Credits for all 4 armors to reach Rank 8 is nothing compared to buying all weapons for all 4 armors. That one is pain and takes a long time but eventually you will get it all as well as buying all weapons, too. I am, too.

Earning XP and Credits for all 4 armors to reach Rank 8 is nothing compared to buying all weapons for all 4 armors. That one is pain and takes a long time but eventually you will get it all as well as buying all weapons, too. I am, too.

What do you suppose is the quickest way to go about going from say 1-7, i have gone from 5-7 so far on my battle armor but the last level is freaking so much xp to get. Im gonna try boosting on 3-3 on inferno i guess.

What do you suppose is the quickest way to go about going from say 1-7, i have gone from 5-7 so far on my battle armor but the last level is freaking so much xp to get. Im gonna try boosting on 3-3 on inferno i guess.

What I did with Battle from 7 to 8 Rank, I used Brux Fab Tusker(?) Assault Rifle and grenade launcher with 30m blast *Tier 7 for 1-4. As soon as I enter the tunnel, I bomb first anthill on the right but left 2 anthills alive then use grenade launcher to blast them away. It takes about 15 minutes from there, stop around 45-50k xp and finish off the level. I did it on Inferno and had the bots with me, too.

The reason why it takes so long time to reach Rank 8 from 7 is because it has 400,000 xp to earn.

The fastest way I did to earn XP rank is Chapter 1: Mission 4: DitchSlap on Inferno. I was Rank 4, and had the bots with me. Killed Hectors, Ants, and Spiders before the tunnel...took me about 10-15K in that first part. Now, I killed two bots before blew the tunnel up. I went in and bombed 2 anthills and leave one anthill alive to keep ants respawn. I went back in the beginning of the tunnel where the water flown at, set up the plasma turret and using Homing Missiles to shoot the ants. The problem here is the max XP is 65,550. It will not go up anymore. I don't know if it is this specific level or all levels. After it stopped 65,550, I went back to the bots to revived them and finished it. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that 65K XP.

I haven't test out on any missions to farm for more XP except Chapter 1: Mission 4: Ditchslap so feel free to post your XP guides!

I am going to have to pull your card and call bullshit on this one. There is no way you made it through this board with a level 4 character on inferno.

I am going to have to pull your card and call bullshit on this one. There is no way you made it through this board with a level 4 character on inferno.

Yes, it is possible to do it with Rank 4 or higher. I achieved it with Battle and Tactical with Rank 4-5 on Inferno for Chapter 1 (Mission1-5) with bots. It is not impossible but doable. The reason why I did it early because its more faster and higher points to kill enemies than you can do in Normal and Hard.

What's a good anthill farming launcher for the Trooper? Seems like whatever I do, the ants keep bouncing around...

Also, if you play Remix 1-4, you can get three metal-ant hills, which generate score four times as fast.

What's a good anthill farming launcher for the Trooper? Seems like whatever I do, the ants keep bouncing around...

Also, if you play Remix 1-4, you can get three metal-ant hills, which generate score four times as fast.

Sticks with Remix 1-4 but watch out metal wasps in the end..they can kill you in one hit depends the difficulty. I cannot tell you which launcher until you can tell us what rank you are in for Trooper.

I just got the Daddy War Bugs achevement, and when I got tired of using the Jet, I used the Trooper. He has a ROCKET launcher, not lock-on missile launcher, that will track several targets at once. It says something about it in the description, youll have to read it, but thats what I used on Inferno.

Its a pretty powerful weapon, it does an Air-Burst, and looks like it tracks 5 or 6 targets, and does big splash damage. You dont have to worry about the AI bots stepping in front of you since you can just look straight up and fire it too.

I did all PLAYING farming on 3-3, and all rubber band farming on 1-1.

I just got the Daddy War Bugs achevement, and when I got tired of using the Jet, I used the Trooper. He has a ROCKET launcher, not lock-on missile launcher, that will track several targets at once. It says something about it in the description, youll have to read it, but thats what I used on Inferno.

Its a pretty powerful weapon, it does an Air-Burst, and looks like it tracks 5 or 6 targets, and does big splash damage. You dont have to worry about the AI bots stepping in front of you since you can just look straight up and fire it too.

I did all PLAYING farming on 3-3, and all rubber band farming on 1-1.

Congrats! I got Daddy Warbugs, too yesterday. How long it took you to get that achievement? It took me 7 days. It takes a long time and felt like forever. Finally, its over. :uzi:

Sticks with Remix 1-4 but watch out metal wasps in the end..they can kill you in one hit depends the difficulty. I cannot tell you which launcher until you can tell us what rank you are in for Trooper.

I'm 6 for the Trooper.

I'm 6 for the Trooper.

Trooper's weapons especially rocket/missiles launchers sucked. He's my least favorite armor of all armors, though. For T6, I used Norwood AR-G 8 Assault Rifle, and Dunruh NailBat d.2 Grenade Launcher. The reason why I picked this specific grenade launcher because of sticky, two shots to 1 ant is deadly and get killed easily by that. When it comes to carriers, I just use Norwood AR to shoot it down.

@Motorex: I played quite a bit with friends, and once I started focusing on grinding seriously, I only needed about 2.5 million. Which took about 2 and half days. Obviously I was getting about a million per day, and was very adamant about the timing of it.

As for the Trooper, try using the Rockets, several of them are tracking rockets, though it wont say it in the stats, it will say it in the description. Several of them (I think Nungus?) will track enemies. The missile launchers werent that good for him, so I used rockets, or his Grenade Launcher, which was very potent at all levels.

• 3 weeks later...

the nuke seems to make points smaller. i killed like 4 hectors and 3 ant hills and hundreds of ants and only had like 5000 to show for it.

other than that the most points i get none boosting is like 20,000. such a slow process. must be doing something wrong.