PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman HD Collection > Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #1
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Glitch on mission 'St. Petersburg Revisited' (Spoilers)

im trying to do this mission where you shoot sergei zavorotko, and my svd does nothing. i tried shooting the few enemies earlier and no damage was registering. i was losing bullets as i shot and it made a gunshot noise, but the bullets just weren't doing anything.

anyway, i reloaded my save and got to the apartment across from where you shoot him and the same is happening again. im shooting him through the window, but nothing is registering. None of the guards are even alerted when i shoot.

anyone else had this? i can't continue the game with this glitch as you dont choose any other weapons before starting the mission so i can't even fight into his building or anything.

any help would be great. cheers.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
Hard to tell u without a spoiler really, it's not a glitch... Explore the Pushkin building for your target and don't snipe... You'll understand why when you do
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal_82 View Post
Hard to tell u without a spoiler really, it's not a glitch... Explore the Pushkin building for your target and don't snipe... You'll understand why when you do
cheers, mate, sorted.

its a bit dodgy though, i had no intention of going into the building where my target is, especially when i can only use a sniper. strange...
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #4
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Lol, when i first played this game 11 years ago i knew why shooting Sergei wasn't registering. i thought it was obvious to everyone. i guess not.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Not sure why that happens, but I killed him on my second attempt through the window. This guy did as well:

Old 02-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
Annalie

Send a message via MSN to Annalie Send a message via Yahoo to Annalie

Sarena89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - AOS Puck   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thats weird, i would always get yelled at. "47 you weren't supposed to kill anyone other than your target". blah blah...
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
im trying to do this mission where you shoot sergei zavorotko, and my svd does nothing. i tried shooting the few enemies earlier and no damage was registering. i was losing bullets as i shot and it made a gunshot noise, but the bullets just weren't doing anything.

anyway, i reloaded my save and got to the apartment across from where you shoot him and the same is happening again. im shooting him through the window, but nothing is registering. None of the guards are even alerted when i shoot.

anyone else had this? i can't continue the game with this glitch as you dont choose any other weapons before starting the mission so i can't even fight into his building or anything.

any help would be great. cheers.
You ARE shooting through the OPEN window, right?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rep View Post
Not sure why that happens, but I killed him on my second attempt through the window. This guy did as well:

Hitman 2 Silent Assassin : Mission 2 - St. Petersburg Stakeout - YouTube
this video is for the first of 2 missions in st. petersburg, im talking about the second 1, thanks though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
You ARE shooting through the OPEN window, right?
yeah i was, its sorted now though, i just did what surreal_82 said and it worked perfectly. i just always play with music on through headphones(that ive still got on) so if there was any spoken updates, i wouldn't have heard them. I never thought that i was doing it wrong, though. its hardly obvious when im given a sniper rifle and a target to kill and the only building you can go in is conveniently placed with a perfect view of your target. its just weird how this mission was done, i wouldn't have ever tried to go into the building where the target is, that would be stupid under the circumstances, but i guess thats how you do it.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
surreal_82

FXN Shadow's Gamercard
No there aren't any spoken updates to give you a hint, just previous knowledge of the game, plus if you look he is a cardboard cutout when observed closely enough!

Plus not on the stupid side, the best assassins always get up close and personal with the hit... Watch Leon lol.

a lot of the levels can be done so differently, like still petersberg stakeout, I enter the building and kill with a knife the first visit. Getting around with a sniper is so inconspicuous! Not.

Last edited by surreal_82; 02-05-2013 at 11:44 PM.
surreal_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
No there aren't any spoken updates to give you a hint, just previous knowledge of the game, plus if you look he is a cardboard cutout when observed closely enough!

Plus not on the stupid side, the best assassins always get up close and personal with the hit... Watch Leon lol.

a lot of the levels can be done so differently, like still petersberg stakeout, I enter the building and kill with a knife the first visit. Getting around with a sniper is so inconspicuous! Not.
I was wrapping up achievements, going through my final achievement by doing a quick runthrough of Expert difficulty, and I was under the impression that during this mission, you had to fiber wire the Agent in the building. Everytime I went in, no matter how sneaky and slow I was, he always turned around, for some reason. I altered that by pulling out a Deagle, blowing his brains out, and fighting off all of the backup who heard me.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote