Will you go Digital?

SuperJoon

Well? Are you going to go all Digital? Or will you still collect the disks and prefer to have your collection on show rather than on your XB1?

For me, depending on the price of digital downloads will depend on whether i get them or not. If the digital downloads are the same as retail then i probably will for most day one games. Or if Game is going to be selling download codes at retail price then i will probably do that.

However if they keep the digital downloads at the same high price then i will stick with disks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to go mostly digital with this next generation, as long as the game's price is the same or lower than I can get for a new physical copy. I'll still go physical for the rare time I want a Collector/Limited Edition game (most like just future Halo games) but that'll be the only time I'll purposefully go for physical rather than digital.

I went all digital with my music and never looked back. The thought of always having access to a game after I buy it appeals to me. I find myself re-buying games years later sometimes because I want achievements I never got or just a desire to play it again. I'm looking at you New Vegas... That won't be a problem with full digital. The only problem I foresee is will they ever be comparably priced with retail when they go on sale. Probably not.

Seemingly everything has been going digital, and I think the Xbox One was originally going to be the console to really push gaming via digital downloads instead of a physical disc, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

I've gone digital with my music library, the last album I remember purchasing on CD was Muse's The Resistance back in '09...

I don't think I'll mind going digital with my games when the time comes, but now I'm still comfortable with being able to sell my copies of a game.

My measurement stick for whether to buy digital or physical is whether I think I'll trade the game in within six months.

If it's primarily a single-player game with little replay value, I'll probably buy physical so I can trade it in once I'm finished with it.

But most of the games I buy ... I buy them for the online experience with my friends and I keep them for much longer. Battlefield 4 and Forza 5 are definitely being bought digital on day one. Probably Titanfall, Destiny, and The Division eventually as well.

Dead Rising 3, AC4, Watch Dogs ... those I'll buy physical copies because I'll want to trade them in once I'm finished with them probably.

I'll be going full digital next gen. I absolutely love being able to browse my library and move from game to game easily. I have over 200 Arcade games and having them all in one place displaying the covers is great for me.

I'll be going full digital next gen. I absolutely love being able to browse my library and move from game to game easily. I have over 200 Arcade games and having them all in one place displaying the covers is great for me.

good man, the only reason I might buy physical is swag

off topic

does that mean we will get deluxe digital editions? what about digital pre orders?

I would love to go digital as it is so much more convenient, but I trade in every game I buy (I live in UK, trade in prices are very nice) so for me to do it, games would have to be considerably cheaper. Which is why I was all for Xbox Ones initial services as I could buy digital, then when I was done with it I could gift it to a friend for a fee. But no point in getting into that now. :(

good man, the only reason I might buy physical is swag

Pretty much. I'll keep buying the Elder Scroll games in physical form if they keep coming with maps of the in-game province like Oblivion and Skyrim do, but besides that and the rare time I go for a game's Limited Edition, going digital sounds like the way to go.

off topic

does that mean we will get deluxe digital editions? what about digital pre orders?

I was wondering this myself.