Mercenaries Strategies (Work in Progress)

P I Staker30

Jesus, there are these things called paragraphs. Use them. You've obviously put some thought into these, now just put a little bit more into formatting so it's actually usable.

If you dont like it then Dont Use It , the shit wont work right on my com so i cant change any of the format settings, surpriseing how people can somehow manage to bitch about something even when your helping them out

Fuckin Reaper just wont die on mines... I shotgun the shit out of it and it still gets me with the 1-hit wonder...

i was usein Chris (starting) and managed to kill them fairly ez with grenades , but other then that no real tips for them or that level for that matter

• 4 weeks later...

In Public Assembly: After collecting all possible time bonuses and sufficient ammo, go inside the bus and stay in the back for the remaining time. No one will be able to touch you from here, not even the boss!

The bus is basically a funneling/choke point. Blast enemies as they enter. There's only one entrance, so don't worry about attacks coming from other sides.

Perhaps rather than right a comprehensive guide for each level, maybe write a general guide tips and tricks, then find a good holding point for each level and list the time bonuses and combo times for each one, it'll be alot faster and IMO is a bit more accessible. besdes where's the fun in mercs if you don't have to actually play a little urself and not follow an exact guide? I have at least an A on every stage and didnt find any problems.

Are there any posts telling what unlocks new characters in Mercenaries? I figure you have to get an "S" rank.

Thanks

Zebraman Chris - A Rank Village

- SIG P226, M3, 2 Rocket Launchers

S.T.A.R.S. Chris - A Rank Experimental Facility

- SIG 556, S&W M29, Grenade Launcher

Blonde Sheva - A Rank Ruins

- AK-74, Jail Breaker, S75

Skimpy Outfit Bow Girl Sheva - A Rank Missile Area

- Longbow, Grenade Launcher, 3 Flash Grenades, 3 Incendiary Grenades, First Aid

BSAA Jill - A Rank Public Assembly

- Px4 Pistol, H&K MP5, 5 Flash Grenades, First Aid Spray

Battle Suit Jill - A Rank Ship Deck

- VZ61, H&K PSG-1, 3 Hand Grenades, 1 Green/Green Herb

S.T.A.R.S. Wesker - A Rank Prison

- Samurai Edge Pistol, Lightning Hawk, Hydra

Midnight Wesker - A Rank The Mines

- H&K P8, S&W M500, 5 Hand Grenades, 5 Proximity Bombs

If you play solo, you need 40,000 for an A rank, if you play in co-op, it's 80,000.

Zebraman Chris - A Rank Village

- SIG P226, M3, 2 Rocket Launchers

S.T.A.R.S. Chris - A Rank Experimental Facility

- SIG 556, S&W M29, Grenade Launcher

Blonde Sheva - A Rank Ruins

- AK-74, Jail Breaker, S75

Skimpy Outfit Bow Girl Sheva - A Rank Missile Area

- Longbow, Grenade Launcher, 3 Flash Grenades, 3 Incendiary Grenades, First Aid

BSAA Jill - A Rank Public Assembly

- Px4 Pistol, H&K MP5, 5 Flash Grenades, First Aid Spray

Battle Suit Jill - A Rank Ship Deck

- VZ61, H&K PSG-1, 3 Hand Grenades, 1 Green/Green Herb

S.T.A.R.S. Wesker - A Rank Prison

- Samurai Edge Pistol, Lightning Hawk, Hydra

Midnight Wesker - A Rank The Mines

- H&K P8, S&W M500, 5 Hand Grenades, 5 Proximity Bombs

If you play solo, you need 40,000 for an A rank, if you play in co-op, it's 80,000.

So it's based on points huh? I got 34K with 25X combo last night on Public Assembly and all it gave me was a "B". I'm new to the Mercenaries aspect of the game. It's addicting but frustrating at times.

Thanks

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/STONE+DEVIL.png

In Public Assembly: After collecting all possible time bonuses and sufficient ammo, go inside the bus and stay in the back for the remaining time. No one will be able to touch you from here, not even the boss!

The bus is basically a funneling/choke point. Blast enemies as they enter. There's only one entrance, so don't worry about attacks coming from other sides.

LOL, I can't believe I never thought of that. I always run past it figuring it to be a death trap. I'll give it a try

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/stone+devil.png

http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/stone+devil.png

I have a very good stratergy for Mines and Village - Me and my partner are currently in the top 250 on mines and 350 on village and we got these not on a serious run we was just planning out the best route, We will be sure to go higher - If you need any help with Village - Mines or PA hit me up. I know where every Combo time's are and Extra times on these maps.

Sweet, please share.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/stone+devil.png

http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/stone+devil.png

I have a very good stratergy for Mines and Village - Me and my partner are currently in the top 250 on mines and 350 on village and we got these not on a serious run we was just planning out the best route, We will be sure to go higher - If you need any help with Village - Mines or PA hit me up. I know where every Combo time's are and Extra times on these maps.
Can you tell me approximately what scores and if you killed all enemies? I killed everything on Public Assembly and got 167,000, an SS rank, and I'm only in the top 22,000. How do you manage to get above 200,000? I've seen people towards the top have well over 600,000 and I don't see how that's even possible getting a max combo and killing everything.

• 2 weeks later...

There is actually more than 1 spawning location, I believe there is two.

-Publice Assembly-

Spawn on Executioner Platform (A), and by the exit where there is a square dropping point with latter(B).

Building 1 = The building on the far side

Building 2 = The building in the center parallel to bus

Building 3 = The building connected to executioner platform

Side Path = strip on opposite side of spawn on exec. platform north

http://i42.tinypic.com/sdn53s.jpg

Time bonuses-(7 total)

1. Right above build 1

2. In build 2

3. Above build 2

4. Mid-strip

5. Far east strip

6. Drained Stream next to ramp (east border)

7. In Shack(east border southeast corner)

Combo bonuses-3

1.Above build 1

2.In build 1

3. Spawn point (B)

Edited by Double 02
Add/Edit

Can you tell me approximately what scores and if you killed all enemies? I killed everything on Public Assembly and got 167,000, an SS rank, and I'm only in the top 22,000. How do you manage to get above 200,000? I've seen people towards the top have well over 600,000 and I don't see how that's even possible getting a max combo and killing everything.

Using melee kills gives you a 5 second gain per kill, this will keep time up while you keep a high combo/ collect every bonus. The more time you have after killing everyone the higher the score you'll recieve, I was once #100 on Public Assembly on and I've been in the top few hundreds for almost all of the maps, highest was 10 on Ship Deck.

When I play Ancient Ruins in split-screen with my brother I find a good strategy is for you to both move towards each other from the spawns. Who ever spawns lower will run into a time bonus as well as a enemy or two. The other player should be able to kill a few enemies on the way. After you meet one player should go up to the bridge where the player spawned, they should be able to take out any enemies that come up easily. I find its best to have a sniper present while camping on the bridge, as you can stay back and get some very easy kills. So while one player camps on the bridge the other player should run around the map and collect any time bonus'. If the player collecting time bonus' gets over run, then they should return to the bridge so the other player can help eliminate any threats. After you get all the time bonus' just stay on the bridge and get kills. Also sometimes one of the crossbow guys will hide behind a wall to the left of the bridge and shoot at you. If you go halfway across the bridge you should be able to see him and take him down. I'm not sure where most of the time bonus' are, but i know there is one under the bridge. Also there is a combo time at the end of the bridge.