Achievement Guide/Roadmap

ApochWeiss

There are 9 medals per game. Each Bronze/Silver/Gold for each type of medal counts. Ive unlocked quite a few already and can vouch for it.

Bronze = 2 points

Silver = 3 points

Gold = 5 points

Now If you have Bronze and break the Silver you only get ONE more point. You dont get 3 more points. If you get gold you get 5 total points.

As stated earlier you would need to buy AT LEAST 27 games to get all 1000. I say "at least" because that requires you to get Gold x3 on every single game. Most people wont be able to do that so expect to spend more.

Im sitting at 265/1000 right now until my challenges end.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The medal achievements don't require gold medals.

Thats not what I meant. I meant in order for you to get all 1000 with only having to buy 27 games you have to get all 9 medals from each game for 15 points per game. Alot of the gold medals are hard. So if you cant get them. You have to buy more games.

Well guys, looks like the guide is just about finished. There's one achievement left I'm not sure on and if anyone has a method to unlock the achievement for playing one game for one hour straight, that would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Ok, done working on this thing for tonight unless an answer to the above question is found. I also took out the section of Time Buster medal only games. Edward Hyena has posted a link to a list of requirements for medals, which he said will also outline which games only have that achievement, so users can just use his spreadsheet for that.

Edited by ApochWeiss

Hey just wanted to say that I was visiting a friends game room and tried his game (Shao-lin's Road), had never played it so it ask me to play the demo, I did but no achievement. I thought the game wasnt bad so I bought it, went back to his game room selected rank match and BOOM achievement unlocked: The Player. So that confirms that you gotta spend them hard earned MSP to get this achievement as well. Hope this helps, Happy Gaming Everyone.

Well guys, looks like the guide is just about finished. There's one achievement left I'm not sure on and if anyone has a method to unlock the achievement for playing one game for one hour straight, that would be greatly appreciated.

edit: Ok, done working on this thing for tonight unless an answer to the above question is found. I also took out the section of Time Buster medal only games. Edward Hyena has posted a link to a list of requirements for medals, which he said will also outline which games only have that achievement, so users can just use his spreadsheet for that.

To answer how you get the play for an hour straight, what I did was bought the game Adventure and put a rubber band around the joystick and went and got something to eat came back and had "My Blisters have Blisters!" ( I think this is the one your talking about) Hope this helps, if not PM me on xbox live.

[Edit: sorry for the double post.]

Hey just wanted to say that I was visiting a friends game room and tried his game (Shao-lin's Road), had never played it so it ask me to play the demo, I did but no achievement. I thought the game wasnt bad so I bought it, went back to his game room selected rank match and BOOM achievement unlocked: The Player. So that confirms that you gotta spend them hard earned MSP to get this achievement as well. Hope this helps, Happy Gaming Everyone.

Right, you played the demo in your friend's arcade. The demos do not count towards unlocking achievements. After you play the demo, if you want to play againw ithout buying the machine you'd have to spend 40MSP. When you spend that 40MSP in your friend's Game Room, the achievement would unlock. However, if YOU bought the game for YOUR game room, and your friend has that same cabinet in HIS game room, you don't have to pay the additional 40MSP to play the game period, and the achievement unlocks that way as well.

To answer how you get the play for an hour straight, what I did was bought the game Adventure and put a rubber band around the joystick and went and got something to eat came back and had "My Blisters have Blisters!" ( I think this is the one your talking about) Hope this helps, if not PM me on xbox live.

[Edit: sorry for the double post.]

Yeah I've been reading in other threads on here about Adventure. I've known about that trick since before Game Room, someone mentioned it in my original achievement guide thread (the 1st was a joke but proved to be quite true sadly). Problem is some people on here are reporting it doesn't work. I'm going to look into it more, probably sink 40 MSP into it and try it myself since I don't have enough for the cabinet now. Stupid Outlaw game... ><

Edited by ApochWeiss

not sure if this was mentioned, but instead of setting the challenges to 1 hour, you can set them to high score and 1 try (can still set to 1 hour, but full hour doesnt have to go by for credit). both people decide whos gonna win, then after both play it once the challenge is over and credited to the winner. You can do all 20 in less than an hour this way.

Concerning the challenges. You don't even need a boosting partner. I sent a challenge to a silver account on my xbox, loaded the game room up as him, did terribly, then blew his score out of the water on my main, my first win unlocked.

does the silver account have to have ms points available to purchase per play/games or can the silver acct play challenges for free?

You should highlight these in your guide as the only known free achievements right now.

My First Theme

Place a Theme in your arcade 5G

Theme Filler

Placed 5 unique Themes in your arcade 20G

Room Filler

Filled a Room in your arcade 20G

Proptastic

Placed 5 arcade Decorations in your arcade 20G

My First Decoration

Placed 1 Decoration in your arcade 5G

Show Me!

Visited the Showcase Arcade 5G

The Visitor

Visit a Friend's arcade 5G

not sure if this was mentioned, but instead of setting the challenges to 1 hour, you can set them to high score and 1 try (can still set to 1 hour, but full hour doesnt have to go by for credit). both people decide whos gonna win, then after both play it once the challenge is over and credited to the winner. You can do all 20 in less than an hour this way.

Yeah but don't you also have to buy a 2nd cabinet for your friend? or have at least 800MSP handy on the silver account for tokens? This to me seems like a bit of waste actually, but if the silver account on MY Xbox can play the game I bought from the Game Room free, then it's worth it. Doesn't quite make sense. Me thinks you're leaving a vital piece of information out.

You should highlight these in your guide as the only known free achievements right now.

Did you not see the caption above them in all caps bold and underline that reads "FREE/240 MSP OR LESS ACHIEVEMENTS" with the achievements that cost money noted to not be free in both bold and italics, as well as that section quoted with the exact same title being outlined in the roadmap as a reference point for step one, a step that is all about the free and cheap i.e. 240 MSP or less achievements?

Edited by ApochWeiss

Did you not see the caption above them in all caps bold and underline that reads "FREE/240 MSP OR LESS ACHIEVEMENTS" with the achievements that cost money noted to not be free in both bold and italics, as well as that section quoted with the exact same title being outlined in the roadmap as a reference point for step one, a step that is all about the free and cheap i.e. 240 MSP or less achievements?
Aren't you just a prick? Well throw The Visitor in there too then, have a nice evening.

Silver account doesn't need to buy anything. Anything downloaded to a console can be used by all accounts on it.

I can confirm this, it's true.

Regarding not playing/trying this because "I want perfection", is silly imo. This is a kind of experienve which is meant to last fo a long time, as new cabinets/stuff arrive. I for once, always try to do 100% in all my games (no, this is not my main GT, I just don't know how to change it, here at x360a), but I do not want to rush this, I will play/buy the stuff I like and I'll be visiting this regularly. I'm not in a hurry.

Aren't you just a prick? Well throw The Visitor in there too then, have a nice evening.

I'm a prick for slavaing time and hard earned money to create a guide for this site in the form of charity work to help other's because I feel compelled to return the favor for other's on here helping my ass out, and couldn't help but sarcastically point out an insanely big oblivious moment ;) Sorry I was kinda offended that it seemed like you didn't even read the guide.

Anyhow, hope the guide helps. Gonna update it a bit tonight with two more pieces of information, and it WILL finally be complete.

Edited by ApochWeiss

just noticed, the achievement ive copied and pasted below can be unlocked for free so you might want to put it in that section :)

The Visitor 5

Visit a Friend's arcade

At the Main Menu, select Friends and press A. Then, find a friend on your list who has a Game Room arcade, press A to select that friend to bring up their Details, then press the X button to visit their arcade.

also here's my thread if you haven't seen it on free achievements process which you can quote willy nilly.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=218162

You might want to point out that a few achievements cannot currently be unlocked, because there are only enough medals to reach level 14 according to the spreadsheet linked in the guide.

These are: Level 17!, Level 20! and Fancy Arcade

The first two will probably be obtainable next time new games arrive (presumably next week), however, Fancy Arcade will probably take some time.

To unlock it, you need to unlock enough themes. To do so, you need to reach level 48, unlocking all the themes.

You can only get medals in ranked

The silver account trick for challenges works. If you buy the game, all acocunts on your console can add them to their game room and "own" it too. you can send 10 challenges at the same time and have the silver account pause and quit to get a score of 0. Be sure to set it to only 1 try. Go to your main account and get a better score than 0.

(this may take more than 20 tries because the game room cant always connect to the servers and you are forced to forfeit. this only happened once on my main account and about 3 times on the silver account.)

also crystal castles is good for this achievement to be safe and use the hidden level trick for a huge score.

the colored themes do not count for the theme achievement. it must be themed like a jungle or haunted house. "blue" and "yellow" like theme do not count (i tested this with the silver account and 5 unique themes) so you cannot get this achievement yet.

as stated you can't get lvl 17 or 20 yet either for achievements.

paying 40 points for adventure and using a rubber band will not count as time. after 8-9 minutes the game just quits and you have lost 50 cents

easy games to get all 3 medals gold (ive done these or just need the time gold)

-yars revenge

-crystal castles

-red baron

semi-easy games for 1 or 2 golds

-battantis

-shao-lin's road

maxing out 3 gold medals in 4 games will rank you up 3 times

Edited by littlejay

You know, I'm still debating on that. I have them split up by free/cheap, time, and on-line/off-line. I'm still debating on putting The Visitor into the Free/Cheap section, I'll see when I finish the guide with the formatting.

You might want to point out that a few achievements cannot currently be unlocked, because there are only enough medals to reach level 14 according to the spreadsheet linked in the guide.

These are: Level 17!, Level 20! and Fancy Arcade

The first two will probably be obtainable next time new games arrive (presumably next week), however, Fancy Arcade will probably take some time.

To unlock it, you need to unlock enough themes. To do so, you need to reach level 48, unlocking all the themes.

Yeah, those three achievements SHOULD be unlockable by this coming week. However, you don't know how many will only have one medal ;) I listed the price up there, so if someone goes in to get the games, they should notice that it is impossible if they are likie Linktriforce and buy 'em all. The guide WAS put together to accomodate the current state of the Game Room, however it does cover it up until enough games are released no matter what your skill is with these games.

I should also put (skill based) next to the hours achievement since when enough games are released, and need to figure out if the Time Buster achievements would really affect the total game time when more games are released. I don't believe it will as the Time Buster-related achievements don't say they must be gold, just obtained generally is all.

Also, everyone confirming the silver account thing, yes, I went home and tried it and it works. I'll add that momentarily. Thank you everyone who mentioned and confirmed this.

Edited by ApochWeiss