Momentum??

Liampard

I'm not sure if this is true but is there such thing as momentum in fifa as i just played a game where mine and my opponents team were the same rating my chemistry and morale were on 99 but my players weren't making any runs and i was finding it hard to attack can anyone tell me if there is such thing :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its "supposed" to have been in the last 3 fifa's but alot of the things EA introduce into FIFA never ever works. I mean even the ea hub thing which has been with us a while still does not work. They need to go back get the basic's right first before they start introducing all this new shit. I say no because for me and alot of others it has no effect at all. A.I are just retards.

I know its "supposed" to have been in the last 3 fifa's but alot of the things EA introduce into FIFA never ever works. I mean even the ea hub thing which has been with us a while still does not work. They need to go back get the basic's right first before they start introducing all this new shit. I say no because for me and alot of others it has no effect at all. A.I are just retards.

So you think it's pure coincidence that the A.I. act "retarded" after a few big plays for the other team, but everything happens to go right for you after some plays in you're favor?

I think you'd have to be pretty naive to not make any connections with these occurrences. It's also quite ridiculous to think that just because one aspect of FIFA isn't complete, that every feature is broken.

the momentum isn't in the game its in the player playing the game. because we all know you go 2/3 goals down you aren't going to be feeling good about yourself, but as soon as you get one back you start thinking just maybe the comeback is on, then you get your 2nd and 3rd maybe even 4th and then you win. imo the momentum isn't in the game but in the player and how the deal with going goals up and down in the 90mins.

the momentum isn't in the game its in the player playing the game. because we all know you go 2/3 goals down you aren't going to be feeling good about yourself, but as soon as you get one back you start thinking just maybe the comeback is on, then you get your 2nd and 3rd maybe even 4th and then you win. imo the momentum isn't in the game but in the player and how the deal with going goals up and down in the 90mins.

Would have to disagree. For me, momentum is definitely in the game. Why? well, let's see... all too often I'm dominating, shots from all angles, most possession in their final quarter, missing one-on-one opportunities, and even open nets. Then the opposing team make one break in the final minutes, and scores with their one shot. Really. I somehow doubt this player puts in all his hours for clinical finishing.

There definitely is negative behaviour (certain parts I'd call scripted), against the better player. Sort of balancing things out so it makes a decent game for both, which doesn't give a true reflection on skill.

I won't be getting the next title, looking into PES and if that is still crap then I'll do without either.

Would have to disagree. For me, momentum is definitely in the game. Why? well, let's see... all too often I'm dominating, shots from all angles, most possession in their final quarter, missing one-on-one opportunities, and even open nets. Then the opposing team make one break in the final minutes, and scores with their one shot. Really. I somehow doubt this player puts in all his hours for clinical finishing.

There definitely is negative behaviour (certain parts I'd call scripted), against the better player. Sort of balancing things out so it makes a decent game for both, which doesn't give a true reflection on skill.

I won't be getting the next title, looking into PES and if that is still crap then I'll do without either.

No offence but it is just skill. People always moan about fifa me included but it really is down to ability. If you cant score its your fault. You opponent is obv just a better finisher.

No offence but it is just skill. People always moan about fifa me included but it really is down to ability. If you cant score its your fault. You opponent is obv just a better finisher.

Get your rose-tinted glasses of you. Have played the game enough to know the system sometimes plays against you.

im with inferno, its all down to player skill and there mental ability to be able to respond when conceding goals. the scenario that neil gives were your dominating an opponent and they have one shot on target and you lose 1-0, thats football for you. its all in your head whether you take it too heart and think that the computer has some coding making this happen or you use your own ability at the game to change the momentum and then the result. its all a mind game in my opinion.

I don't agree with the scenario Neil gave, however there IS some type of in game interference.

There have been many times I have been better than the other person, but got a crap loss simply because everything goes their way. I have 1 on 1's and do everything I can control (positioning, shot power, shot type, aim) to score, but the resulting shot is not what I asked for. Also EVERY rebound and 50/50 ball goes straight to them no matter where they are on the pitch. Don't just give me "that's football" because it's not. Who gets the rebound is decided by who has the better positioning and anticipation. In some games on FIFA, the rebound goes directly to their player without having to move at all. The chances of that happening ONCE is slim, let alone every time. There have also been some games where the above events have happened in my favor, and I just sit back and say, "wow, how lucky was I?"

I'm not just some whining kid that can't take a loss, if I lose to a better player I have no problem with it. But it really pisses me off when I play better than the person in our game, but a "third party" seems to ensure their victory.

You can read about 'momentum/scripting' here, including EA's 'official' response...

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1182202.page

A post on that forum sums it up perfectly. "if you can't see it then maybe you're benefiting from it". Many people don't want to accept when they got lucky and just write it off as them being better.

And as for the ea response, of course they would never admit to fixing results whether it's true or not. But they did say something interesting, "there's nothing more important to the dev team than creating a game that's as fair and balanced as possible for anyone playing it." this can be interpreted as giving less skilled players help to give them a chance against better players, hence balancing the game.

I don't agree with the scenario Neil gave, however there IS some type of in game interference.

Well, you say that you don't agree then give an almost carbon-copy version of my post? Anyway, least someone else is able to see these things!

Well, you say that you don't agree then give an almost carbon-copy version of my post? Anyway, least someone else is able to see these things!

I see how ours is similar, but some could interpret yours as just being a "bad finisher" (not accusing you of anything). I do agree that sometimes even when you do all you can to finish, the ball just doesn't go in for some reason.

It does just come down to skill. If you go a goal down rather than keep your cool most players will go fuck need to score! Leaving them wide open to spank. If you keep your cool after conceding you have much more chance of getting back into it. Same applys when you score. Its not the games momentum its your mental approach to the game.

It does just come down to skill. If you go a goal down rather than keep your cool most players will go fuck need to score! Leaving them wide open to spank. If you keep your cool after conceding you have much more chance of getting back into it. Same applys when you score. Its not the games momentum its your mental approach to the game.

If you are right then I would like to know what skill you need to have to cause EVERY rebound to go straight to you???

Nonsense. It isn't my mentality, it is the game playing against me inorder to balance things out. The style of play as you mentioned (rushing in attack after a goal) is ENTIRELY different.