How to "destroy the background"?

It depends on what special move you use and how it hits.

For example, if your opponent takes Goku's Spirit Bomb or Vegeta's Final Flash full on, you'll end up destroying the background.

Use the Training/Practice to see how it works and which special moves will help you.

i got it fist time just do 1 of the ultilmate attacks if it carrys on an the person you did it cuts to them saying Darn it or just going arrgghhh!!! the background will just change to the destroyed version. simple

As hard as it may seem were not thick and have mentioned several times we have done this and still not go the achievement ^^;

As hard as it may seem were not thick and have mentioned several times we have done this and still not go the achievement ^^;

i didnt say anyone was thick i just find it odd why it works for me 1st time an others have to do it over an over....ah well im sure ull get it soon enough

I think you have to try it in either the Story Mode or on Xbox Live. The achievements says "Versus/Z Chronicles" but that'd be too simple if you'd try it against a second controller.

But the way to get the achievement is for you to do an ultimate attack, make sure the blast sends the opponent flying. Now, I'm not quite sure but maybe it should be combined with an Ultimate Finish KO ?

Just my two cents.

Have you guys actually WON the match while changing the background. I don't mean to come off like an asshole but by the way things seems by the way you guys are commenting.

I don't have the game yet so I can't put anything else here, but I'll post back when I get the game tomorrow.

I managed to get it in a rematch when i destroyed the ground already

You first destroy the area, then do a rematch where you start at the destroyed area, then do a destroying move again so you end up in "space" with the hyperbolic timechamber as the background, then it unlocked for me, so a double destroy.

I've got the achievement and i also was feeling the same way before i got it.

I remember that it was a first to 2 match though!!! Destroy the background on the first round then win that round, then win the second round while the background is still destroyed from the first. If that works please let me know so i can tell friends etc. :)

I managed this last night, it was against the CPU in a Vs. match. I used Vegeta's Ultimate Final Flash and hit them with every blast (if you know what I mean). Anyway, I hit them enough that it caused the cut scene where whoever you're fighting falls away from the screen surrounded by, well, white-ness... The background changed from the normal planet Namek to the lava-filled one from the fight with Frieza. After that I just won the match as normal and the achievement unlocked.

I'm sure I've done that before though, so I think it's just a little buggy.