Flying Races?

My son wants everything unlocked, but I'm so frustrated with the broken flying mechanics in this game that I wrote an email to TT games and actually asked them to address this with a patch or something. I honestly feel that the mechanics for flying are broken and otherwise detract from an amazing game. I fail to understand how any child is going to complete some of these horrendously designed flying missions. Anyone who agrees with my summation should also take 5 mins to email TT games, in the hope that something gets done.

Here's the link:

http://www.ttgames.com/contact.php

Yeah, the same flying mechanics show up again in The LEGO Movie Vidogame, so I doubt they're going to do anything to fix it. I think they've released 2 patches across the dozen or so games they've got on the 360, so, like The Big LT said, don't hold your breath waiting for them to patch this.

I found that I kept trying to use the left stick like a flight stick and it was messing me up. You have to keep in mind that the left stick is only for forward movement and turning left and right. The A and B buttons will tilt your character up and down on an axis that runs through the character's hips. And you have to level off the flight again after you move up or down because your character will remain flying at whatever angle you set with A and B. Also, be careful not to double tap B as it will cause your character to stop flying immediately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I cant even beat the first Silver Surfer race to open him up and use him! The flying races suck in this game, and will be the reason I wont get 100%. Grrrrrrr

Same here. After dozens and dozens of tries of all these flying races I still can't even make it through the 3rd or 4th ring in any of them! The flying controls for this game are simply broken.

I have no ability to control my altitude while the character is moving forward. If I try, my character usually does a 90 degree nose dive straight down or straight up. The only way I can make it through to the 3rd or 4th ring is to come to a complete stop in front of each ring and the raise or lower my height and then move forward again, but by that time, you run out of time. I don't think I have ever been so frustrated with a game in my life!! :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
i could not do the Surfer race with Iron Man at all, then i tried Galactus and won the 2nd try. thats the only race ive been able to do so far though. hate all the races in these games. :(

I used Iron Man Heartbreaker and got it the 2nd time. It's by far the easiest race so if you struggle with this one then you're really going to be in trouble with the rest.

And yes, the mechanics for driving and flying really suck. One tip is to try the D pad for left and right, instead of using the left stick; you get far less oversteer that way. It's almost like they ported the Wii version and didn't bother amending any code to work with sticks.

• 11 months later...

Just finished me 1000g's on this game, finishing with a flying race. Shudder.

Tips for flying (YMMV).

I used the Green Goblin for all the flying races barring the one at the end of the helicarrier and the one up high on the west of the city. For these I used the wasp.

You don't need to boost tbh but if you can use it, things can be easier if you make a mistake later on in the run.

Double tap A to boost and then double tap it again to return to normal flight speed.

There is no real secret to it, just patience, practice and learning the feel of the controls. Small button presses to adjust height and keeping that left stick pushed full forward.

• 9 months later...

I can verify that TT has patched the game so that the races are a bit easier. I had to give up months ago with 5 flying races left that I couldn't complete. I logged in today, was prompted to download an update. I was then able to finish off those five races within a couple hours. They are still challenging, but no longer nigh impossible.

• 1 year later...