Stupid Alien Splat Crap

dillon

The tracking worked fine for me. It only splats when you click the pen down. So I move the pen along the pad so I know where I am and I rapidly tap the pen on the pad to splat the enemies, helps A LOT in the later levels. First two levels are easied to not get hit as the enemies don't fire back often, only the final boss is a bitch with it shooting at you, but once you know how to dodge the attacks it is cake. Hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well nothing besides the bosses shoot at you in the first two levels, so they're the only things you need to worry about. For them, basically keep the edges of the screen, wait for them to take a shot, move around it and get a swat in then get out. Repeat 5-6 times. Trying to go for more than one swat almost always gets you hit.

the alien splat achievements are pretty annoying. but since it lets you continue from the last level you stopped it, getting to level 10 is much easier than i thought it would be.

i'm left handed but i did it this way. use the pen ONLY to aim. i press the A button to splat. this makes things way easier if your arm only has to focus on one thing. right handers, i think there is a way to flip the pad in the options so you can still use the A button to splat.

the freaking labrynth minigame were more annoying IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
I beat levels 1 & 2 without getting hit, but it did not unlock until I started playing level 3

I got through 1 and 2 did not get hit, played through 3 did not get hit and still no achievement. Almost broke the tablet in half. For being an "easy" 1000 the splat and tilt maze are almost enough to want to shove my tablet up the ass of everyone that produced it. :mad:

Ok I figured out WHY it hasn't been unlocking for some of us.

If you die on Level 1 and click TRY AGAIN, it will not work. The game views that as a death. You have to go back to the menu and reselect the game. Confirmed after I did a Try again on level one and did not die on 1-3. Got the achievement after I finished level 3 as it was levels 2 and 3 with out a TRY AGAIN picked.

Also I stayed to the right and down a little bit. Was able to hit the alien boss every time without getting hit on my first go from that area of the screen.

• 11 months later...

Alien Splat really does make me want to shove my uDraw tablet up the ass of everyone that produced it.

I had no problem going for the 'loose no lives on 2 consecutive levels'. But reaching level 10 is boring and a pain in the ass. Pressing down on the pen starts to make my hand crap and start to hurt. I ended up taking breaks in between levels or if I dies to many times. Right now I am paused on level 9. Cant wait to fucking reach level 10 and completing it.

Edit1: Made to level 10. And its a fucking joke. Not even a minute into 10 and I am already getting ambushed by 3-4 of those red motherfucking aliens! Taking another hand break.

Edit2: Finally got this achievement. Almost 2 hours after I made this post! A BIG FUCK YOU ALIENS!

Edited by MeonOner

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

IMO the alien splat was easier than the last two levels of the paint maze. I hated them both.

The best tips I can give for alien splat is:

1) Any time any enemy or health pickup is trying to exit the screen, they always do so moving down and to the right. Knowing this makes it much easier to catch the health pickups, and it makes the blue aliens 100% safe. Just let them fire and hit them as they travel down-right to exit the screen.

2) You can kill the boss without ever letting them do their secondary homing spread attack. After the initial spread attack, lift the pen and push it down on the boss' location ( as opposed to draggin the pen across the tablet ). This instantly transports your swatter to the new position and is much faster. Do this as soon as it is safe and the boss never gets a chance to launch the second attack.