What's better? Single Player or Online

buddyproductions

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multiplayer is better, it's just more fun. The launch did ruin things a bit.

I was up from 6am when i got the patch here till 12, was up the whole night before too but couldn't get on so single player only.

I really enjoyed what i played so far, but story will always have me slightly more i think. But quite honestly i havent seen enough of MP yet. It is good fun though and something that should not be missed, even the amount of races is good! They should of had more in SP too imo.

Single player easily. After being angry at MO not working for me before the patch, I have to say what I've experienced online so far is very disappointing. Not because of other players being douches, actually found most people reasonable in free roam. Playing for about 6 hours today, only had one free roam battle, and one group of two tried to take me and my friend out when we had one of Simeon's cars.

It's the content that disappoints. While lots to do, seems most people don't do anything other than chill in free roam. Trying I find races with people, never had a bigger race than 2 others with me. Playing TDM or LTS? Biggest game was 8 players which was fun, every other game never got over 5, which again is too small for any kind of fun. Playing mission TDM, only once did we get a huge father together (6v6 crooked cops) so much fun and mayhem! The other ones we did capped at 8, yet again too small for a really enjoyable experience with the size those are.

Even the co-op missions are kinda boring in general. With 4 players they're too short and too easy for me to find enjoyable. Maybe it's just me, but online is boring. Free roam is boring, I won't ruin the experience for others so I don't grief, stores are a joke for holdups, and just cruising is only made slightly better because you have friends to do it with. The missions are boring without suitable amount of people, which rarely happens. I'm starting to think GTAO should have been held off till next gen, released as a full game, and be able to support at least 10x the number of players that this gen holds per lobby. Maps too big for what? 15 players?

So yeah, single player all the way for me.

Okay, so based on my latest experience online, I must say I LOVE the online experience! I just wish they had a better character creation thingy so my character won't look like she just had a plastic surgery!

Edited by Royalty
Latest experience in both offline and online!

should have been a poll

from the trailer i was under the impression that multiplayer was single player and more, but its just a really dumned down version of it. missions/jobs are really boring and repetitive and are just 'steal meth' or 'steal this car'

i was expecting multiplayer to be better, maybe if free mode was the same as in gta4. but i found single player a lot more fun

should have been a poll

from the trailer i was under the impression that multiplayer was single player and more, but its just a really dumned down version of it. missions/jobs are really boring and repetitive and are just 'steal meth' or 'steal this car'

i was expecting multiplayer to be better, maybe if free mode was the same as in gta4. but i found single player a lot more fun

Those are just the opening missions. I wasn't expecting to be able to go into a SP style Bank Heist at level 5. The mission parameters are still opening up with leveling.

There are over 700 missions available between races, Deathmatches, parachute events, survival and actual missions via the Job List.

If everyone thought they were going to jump right into the meat and potatoes before having the appetizer, it's your own fault for not persevering. The more I play and progress, the more the options open up.

Those are just the opening missions. I wasn't expecting to be able to go into a SP style Bank Heist at level 5. The mission parameters are still opening up with leveling.

There are over 700 missions available between races, Deathmatches, parachute events, survival and actual missions via the Job List.

If everyone thought they were going to jump right into the meat and potatoes before having the appetizer, it's your own fault for not persevering. The more I play and progress, the more the options open up.

i wouldnt class racing, parachuting or deathmatches as missions! :p

But they are and we just assumed that we would get 700 missions missions lol. When I was level 24 there were only like 12 missions on my job list and most of those 4+ players, disappointing.

yeah, and most of the time you never get people joining.. :(

and yes theyre not very fun. not boring but not fun. in single player you would have an objective to say steal something or chase someone, your character would be saying lines every now and then and you would recieve a phone call saying something like 'OMFG stop chasing me' and you would listen to a 1-2 minute conversation whilst catching up etc.

but in multiplayer its just. steal the car and return it. save this random guy who we dont even know. i wasnt expecting it to be amazing, but compared to single player the missions are dull.

i wonder if we are even able to plan bank heists in multiplayer with lester. e.g pick an entrance route and escape route. or wheter it will just be turning up to the bank and robbing it.

i wonder if we are even able to plan bank heists in multiplayer with lester. e.g pick an entrance route and escape route. or wheter it will just be turning up to the bank and robbing it.

I doubt we'll have this ability in Online. The fact that we couldn't even do heists in freeroam in singleplayer is a huge let down but I reckon they're just going to be kind of "Heist missions" that you find on the job list instead of doing them anytime in freeroam, which would be amazing.

i wouldnt class racing, parachuting or deathmatches as missions! :p

But they are. When R* mentioned "700 missions available with 500 cycled in over time", i knew it had to be a stretch. But "Missions" as we're thinking are "Jobs" in the end. The voting screen is a choice of 6 missions hence why the tutorial is actually a race :p

Either way, while I never expect anything to be as advertised (no fast food meal looks anywhere as good as it does in the ad), I'm thoroughly enjoying the interactivity here compared to previous R* online modes.