More i read on insane, more i just wanna say F-*-C-K I-T

Destro

Honestly i was planning on doing the 1000 in this game, wich is rare i do on games cause i refuse to do MP boosting(guys standing still when i kill them), even if the game is old and empty, for me its like i wouldn't had "achieve" the requirement, more like they would had been given free to me... and this is where my "100% legit gamerscore" phrase in the sig comes from

This said, this game has a pretty easy and fun achievement list outside the insane difficulty. No MP achievement so this mean no crazy ass too hard achievement to do legit.

And its Duke... and i love the Duke... so well i said to myself ok i rarely do games on the hardest setting cause either they are not paying enought (30 pts for exemple) or there is MP achievements i won't even bother to try doing or just can't since there is nobody on the game. But some games have a pretty easy hard move(Bulletstorm) and others are just paying so much for doing it(COD) so i do...

But this game seem such a pain in the ass on insane. I play on normal, and i had to retry some boss(just beated the octaking) many times, even having to look at a vid online on how to beat him... damn for a normal difficulty, its freaking hard. Of course having to carry the pistol dosen't help, wich is something i wont have to do if i do insane. But some turret parts i remember i was red as fuck, so in insane i would had been dead.

And finally there is the freaking reload time that are so long you don't wanna die and have to retry... but on insane you have... how many times i died on cod... but i can reload in a matter of a couple seconds...so its not too annoying.

So what about you guys? are you going for the whole 1000 in this? I know most of you would boost MP anyway so maybe for you its like "another 1000 game" so it may be different.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loading are just 2 much... worst thing is i never freaking died that much on a normal playtrought since a long freaking time... freaking annoying really. So imagine on insane... and the way they transphorm a cool monster like the octo into a freaking annoying crap...(i used to love these monsters but now i just hate them so bad)

Edited by Destro

Just hope people don't get me wrong, its still the Duke and i still love it. Its just that a part where i die 2 or 3 time on normal could be a pain in the ass on insane... I know we talked about them many many times but if Gearbox-2k wanna do something good, they need to release a patch for this... i mean it could be fix right?

As for the Octo, i just hate the way they changed there projectile from a normal "fireball" to a big explosion that will always get you no matter if you dodge the most of it or not... and your ego kinda time so time to regenerate... Add to that them returning the rockets, the devastator bullets(not all but some) jizzz.... and there so resistant... 3 railgun shot i think when a pig cop will take only 1

i just finished my insane playthrough yesterday to complete the game. The only reason i bothered playing through it again was because i love this game. I did my insane playthrough will full ego and i def prepared ahead by watching the insane videos and reading tips for the hard spots. I'm not gonna lie, even being well prepared the game is fucking difficult on insane. Your going to die alot, and alot of the time it'll be at a spot you thought was stupidly easy before (i did at least 10 times on blowing the dam pt 2 where you run up the stairs past barrels..). The game will frusterate you, you will get angry at both the game and the load times. If do go for insane and finish it though, you do get a nice sense of achievement for finally beating the game.

Loading are just 2 much... worst thing is i never freaking died that much on a normal playtrought since a long freaking time... freaking annoying really. So imagine on insane... and the way they transphorm a cool monster like the octo into a freaking annoying crap...(i used to love these monsters but now i just hate them so bad)

This doesn't have anything to do with your post, this has to do with your signature which I completely dissagree with.

"Don't boost"? No thanks pal, I'm backed up with over 50 arcade titles and 10 retail titles that need to be completed hopefully before the next xbox gets here. I boost nearly all my MP cheeves. Why because I don't have hours to spend in multiplayer to get these things legit, nor have I ever felt less proud of myself because everything I boost for I'm capable of getting legit anyhow...., that is of course if I only had 5 games to play a year though.

Not trying to start anything, but why are you here at an achievement boosting website if you don't believe in boosting? Just curious?

And as far as the faults of this game go, it's 2 major ones. The 1 minute load times, and the absolutely horrible aiming controls. Even with Auto aim on to slow down the curser when aiming at the enemy, It is near impossible to aim where you want the cursor to go. I literally had to set the speed to 1 for both vertical and horizontal.

Keep in mind that this is coming from someone with a strong console fps background in Halo and Cod. I'm about slightly above average at those games because well, out of all the console fps game's I've ever played, not a single franchise has come close to near perfect controls then those 2 series hands down.

Either way, I'm not looking forward to spending half the game waiting for it to load on insane either, but I'm still commited. Goodluck with your Insane run man.

I had a major discussion with a guy on another sub board. So i got to say im not really looking to have this discussion again, telling the same arguments. But i will try to make it short.

My reason being it is cause the guide to help you in campaigns achievements and such are very good, they help me a lot, and i love to discuss the games with other people. There is a french board i go for years but sadly it seem there is too much kid over there all the time or plainly moronic people ;) Its bigger than here, its kind of like "the reference" for test and stuff on the french side, but since there is more people, there are a highter % of idiots... lol

So i like to discuss achievements, the way to do them, the stuff like that, my rules is that all that is SP related, can be achieve anyway you want, cause you are playing the computer, and you can't really cheat a computer, so if the AI let you do it, its fine.

But for MP i never ask people to let me win, or let me win a particular way, or let me kill themself a particular way. I try to do as much achievements as i can but only if i can do them legit. I am very proud for exemple of my 990 on rainbow six vegas 2... they where all done really playing with real people, but the remaining 10 i couldn't do it, hated the mode, it was just plainly too hard cause you had to bring back the TWO hostages in the round. So yeah, it bothers me to not have 1000... sure, but im proud of my 990 cause i know i achieve it...

Or Resident Evil 5, if you played it you know the survivor mode is craptastic, i got to tears, sweat and yelling lol to get this, but i did it legit, its probably my most proud "completed game" even tough i dont have many, its good to have this one.

I just say to myself these are virtual pts, so im not getting paid for having them all of whatever, not even free live stuff, so well... if i can do them, cool, if i can't so what... i wont loose time of my life doing something worth nothing that i didnt really achieve in the end, you know what im sayin? Thats my way of seeing it.

I know im the sheep amond wolves here on that side, but its fine, there is plenty of people like me on live that are not here. And i gotta to say i feel proud when there is a normal dude with a 18 000 or so GS who say "holly shit man, 58 000 !!!!" cause for them its huge they dont boost, i say yes man and no boosting, all achieved.

Its my way of doing this...

edit : for me boosting is like cheating, i know for this website its not, and its seen as ok, but FOR ME it is and i just refuse to do it. Even if it remove some 1000 completion i could had on some game.

Not trying to start anything, but why are you here at an achievement boosting website if you don't believe in boosting? Just curious?

This is a not a boosting website. It's an aspect of it, but the point of this website to help others get achievements. He's welcome to use that aspect of the site without ever stepping foot in the achievement trading threads.

I myself boost, but that's neither here nor there in the topic of this particular thread.

This is a not a boosting website. It's an aspect of it, but the point of this website to help others get achievements. He's welcome to use that aspect of the site without ever stepping foot in the achievement trading threads.

I myself boost, but that's neither here nor there in the topic of this particular thread.

You boost.... really? ;) I think when people have obvious way over the top Gamerscore, it kind of remove the shining of it... Its like you just see there gamerscore and your like "ah ok he just boost, so well" at least thats how i see it, i don't envy of feel impress at all by people with gamerscore like that. I know if you have that big of a GS still you probably do a lot of games on hard, you probably have a lot of money to put on video games(wich is a luxe i can't afford) or/and you probably dont play much online competitive MP like me. All this is fine and cool, you dont like competitive MP i understand, you have a lot of money thats super for you, i wish i had it too :p And i wish i had the dedication to do games on hard as much as some people(its pretty rare i do them... very rare)

But i think without the boosting you could maybe be in the 125 000 to 150 000 range... wich would be very impressive, but we will never know what you achieve "legit" and what you boosted. And its sad... at least for me, cause i would saw a guy with such a hight legit GS i would be very impress.

As for the rest yeah the guide are very usefull for the solo achievements, and like i said i like to just chat of the games too.

yeah its when you happen to try it at the hardest that it become obvious the game "gameplay" has some flaw...

On a normal playtrough its not too bad, the Duke is strong and can handle the aliens, but at insane... ouch, i just did the dukes cave cause i had ego boost to grab and for fun i put it on insane, and even tough its one of the first levels and really an easy one, i still manage to die once, the berserk pigs killed me once, they are resistant as shit... of course i had only crap weapons but well...

I had a major discussion with a guy on another sub board. So i got to say im not really looking to have this discussion again, telling the same arguments. But i will try to make it short.

My reason being it is cause the guide to help you in campaigns achievements and such are very good, they help me a lot, and i love to discuss the games with other people. There is a french board i go for years but sadly it seem there is too much kid over there all the time or plainly moronic people ;) Its bigger than here, its kind of like "the reference" for test and stuff on the french side, but since there is more people, there are a highter % of idiots... lol

So i like to discuss achievements, the way to do them, the stuff like that, my rules is that all that is SP related, can be achieve anyway you want, cause you are playing the computer, and you can't really cheat a computer, so if the AI let you do it, its fine.

But for MP i never ask people to let me win, or let me win a particular way, or let me kill themself a particular way. I try to do as much achievements as i can but only if i can do them legit. I am very proud for exemple of my 990 on rainbow six vegas 2... they where all done really playing with real people, but the remaining 10 i couldn't do it, hated the mode, it was just plainly too hard cause you had to bring back the TWO hostages in the round. So yeah, it bothers me to not have 1000... sure, but im proud of my 990 cause i know i achieve it...

Or Resident Evil 5, if you played it you know the survivor mode is craptastic, i got to tears, sweat and yelling lol to get this, but i did it legit, its probably my most proud "completed game" even tough i dont have many, its good to have this one.

I just say to myself these are virtual pts, so im not getting paid for having them all of whatever, not even free live stuff, so well... if i can do them, cool, if i can't so what... i wont loose time of my life doing something worth nothing that i didnt really achieve in the end, you know what im sayin? Thats my way of seeing it.

I know im the sheep amond wolves here on that side, but its fine, there is plenty of people like me on live that are not here. And i gotta to say i feel proud when there is a normal dude with a 18 000 or so GS who say "holly shit man, 58 000 !!!!" cause for them its huge they dont boost, i say yes man and no boosting, all achieved.

Its my way of doing this...

edit : for me boosting is like cheating, i know for this website its not, and its seen as ok, but FOR ME it is and i just refuse to do it. Even if it remove some 1000 completion i could had on some game.

First, I wanted to say, thank you for your maturity in response to my post. It's people like you that I have the utmost respect for despite having slightly different views on this than you do. Atleast you can understand different points of view which is more than I can say for the majority of gamers out there.

My intention was not to attack you, but rather understand. And there is no need to discuss this any further if you don't want to. I would be more prone to discussing this if the response was rude or demeaning in some way.

Anyhow to each his own, I just happen to be a die hard completionist. I also wanted to point out that after I do get the cheeves quickly with boosting, 8 times out of 10 I feel I owe it to myself to play the game legitly as well. Also me being a completionist is also influenced by avatar awards and unlockables as well. Yeah, I know in some mind's eyes this is a little extream but not to me. When I pay full price for a game, I have always done everything in it and made it a point to see everything. Even before achievements, I was like this dating back to the NES and SMS as well lol!

I guess I'm kind of a cool booster if you will. I honestly despise leaderboard boosting and modders and hackers of all shapes and sizes.

In the end, thanks being respectful, we need alot more people like you on xbl than these racist children we see all too often!

Edited by Delow317
typos

Fair enough, but in reality this is a boosting website when you think about it. So is Achievement Hunter, True Achievements and many others. Personally I feel it's ok to call this a boosting website, then again, I guess the term boosting provokes a negative reaction in most people.

I have been working on the insane difficulty for a couple weeks now, doing bits and pieces here and there. I am nearly done now. I think if I had sat there and tried to do it all at once or in large chunks I would have given up on it right from the get-go. Videos and help from forums and such have also helped with the desire to finish the difficulty.

I don't think it's cheating...some of those MP achievements seem ridiculous, almost luck based if you're not boosting.

I do think it is boring as hell though. I boosted a couple achievements on Conflict and never ever again. I want to have fun when I'm playing games and it was just so long, boring, and not fun (even though it didn't take that long it sure felt long). I have nothing against boosting though, I just don't do it.

On topic.

I'm about half way on insane, it hasn't been too bad but it's not a walk in the park either. I'm on the roof of the Duke burger right now and die every time on the 3rd or 4th wave of pigs. Not looking forward to the Octaking or the dam boss but I will probably get the 1k on it.

I would say if it's getting frustrating take a break, play something else, and come back to it later. The more pissed off you get the worse you're gonna do (well, that's how it usually works for me at least).

I would say if it's getting frustrating take a break, play something else, and come back to it later. The more pissed off you get the worse you're gonna do (well, that's how it usually works for me at least).

Agreed, when you get to the point you want to throw the controller out the window just chill out and try it the next day... or week

Anyhow to each his own, I just happen to be a die hard completionist. I also wanted to point out that after I do get the cheeves quickly with boosting, 8 times out of 10 I feel I owe it to myself to play the game legitly as well. Also me being a completionist is also influenced by avatar awards and unlockables as well. Yeah, I know in some mind's eyes this is a little extream but not to me. When I pay full price for a game, I have always done everything in it and made it a point to see everything. Even before achievements, I was like this dating back to the NES and SMS as well lol!

I see your point, back in the day i brought some game that i could not finish legit, like the first Evil Dead, totally weird system where your ammunition is restrain yet the ennemies respawn all the time in a game where traveling a lot in the map was mandatory. So in the end, i wanted to see the story, the ending, so i put some game shark code on and here we go, infinite life and ammo...

But the thing is, back then no one could see your "gamerscore" or what you done. Even dreamcast was encouraging people to share there saves, i myself download a bunch of saves that where 100% complete trough the VMU download center or i dont remember how it was called.

But this was for personal use, i knew i was "cheating" but didn't care, if i couldn't finish it legit, then i would finish it another way, but i was not bragging i did it...

So when i look at achievements today, especially online achievements, i understand some peoples want to get there 1000 even if the game is empty or there some real hard to accomplish ones. And i do understand why some people hate online achievements, i think they should be restrained on major hits OR limited for small games, like not more than 5 or not too long, stuff like that.

But the truth is, if we go the pattern of allowing to boost an achievement if the game is empty or if its crazy hard, then i think it hurt people on 2 sides, the people who dedicated there time having it legit(for exemple 30 win per modes on resident evil 5) or the people who where able to get it legit cause of talents when mister everybody like you and me could not like for exemple kill 5 dudes with headsots without dying or killing another guy a different way. And then on the other sides this would be used as an excuse for completing games the quickest way possible.

The problem is , we can't say yes ok this game is bad OR empty so you can boost but not this one... so to remain it the simpliest possible we simply go with "do it legit, or dont do it at all" and if it mean no completion then so be it...

As for avatar awards, i think they are generally way less tough to do, AND there very few of them, not even 1 game on 5 have some... And they are not usually difficult at all to get.

Yea, you should be alive at least as long as the time you spend on the loading screen. I got to a point where that wasn't happening early in the game. I went to F.3.A.R. to complete achievements and will maybe come back to Duke when I can calm down. It's a great game otherwise...

Bah, its respectfull and all, and its on my thread, dont see the problem, but anyway i think all has been said.

Well i think all has been said anyway, but well that was my thread and the discussion was polite and respectfull so its fine, as for the lenght, its call having a conversation... instead of just saying "yeah lol" or stuff like that. Thats what boards are meant to be at first ;)

Edited by CovertDog