What is the Purpose of "Loot"

II griever II

I was just wondering... other then the purpose of finding it frequently and in large amounts to sell to merchants, is there any other purpose? i know finding some give you quests, but those dont stay in your inventory. just out of curiosity i there some other reason to collect the loot. like for future quests, or crafting or creating something? otherwise i will stop "Stashing" it at my home...

it really is pointless though that there is so much of it. why dont they just give you the equivalent money and not clog your inventory up with trash whenever you loot?

that's what gets me...I knew from the start that it was just stuff to sell. Ok, fine, but why am I opening level 1 and 2 locked chests that just have more junk in them? If you're lucky the stuff will sell for a couple silvers, so it's hardly a way to make good money.

Part of every RPG is random trash loot...don't know why you thought this would be different though..

Yeah, like FFXIII right? Where if you sold your trash loot early you were completely boned for the end game achievements? :p

It's always a good idea to ask if not %100 sure. I was actually curious myself (only on Act II). Obviously many games do inventory systems differently, so assuming there all the same is really just a bad idea.