Re-Up and Seriously 3.0

Finite Reign

I decided to DL the new content and give it a spin before work this morning to mediocre results... First:

Sersiously 3 Progress (as far as rank 100 is concerned) gets reset. Checking my Seriously 3 Achievement progress, the check box has been removed from the rank 100 but my medals are still counted. So for those looking to prestige... well... I would suggest prestiging 1 time for the first achievement, scramble for Seriously 3 on your way to the second prestige, then make sure to get Seriously 3.0 BEFORE prestiging again.

The ribbons... I already have all 132 ribbons. The game shows I have them in the achievement progress bar, but no achievement unlocked. I will update this after I've had time to play a game and get a ribbon...

Edit:

Played a quick KoTH game, nabbed a bunch of ribbons and a couple ONYX medals. Got the Achievement for the 132 Ribbons. Backed all the way to the start screen and then went to the dashboard. Reloaded GoW3. The game still does not recognize that I had already reached rank 100. So it looks like another climb to the top.

I did manage to keep an xbox in the lobby from yesterday, so when I get home later today, I will be able to confirm whether or not the Horde XP thing is still working. If someone else can confirm before 1900 EST please, by all means post it.

Edited by Finite Reign

I decided to DL the new content and give it a spin before work this morning to mediocre results... First:

Sersiously 3 Progress (as far as rank 100 is concerned) gets reset. Checking my Seriously 3 Achievement progress, the check box has been removed from the rank 100 but my medals are still counted. So for those looking to prestige... well... I would suggest prestiging 1 time for the first achievement, scramble for Seriously 3 on your way to the second prestige, then make sure to get Seriously 3.0 BEFORE prestiging again.

The ribbons... I already have all 132 ribbons. The game shows I have them in the achievement progress bar, but no achievement unlocked. I will update this after I've had time to play a game and get a ribbon...

the achievement even says "reach level 100" not BE level 100, which i have already done. once again fuck you EPIC.

Just switch your party type to "Local" and the ribbon achievement will pop.

Just switch your party type to "Local" and the ribbon achievement will pop.

Or just play a game, either or it'll pop up.

Obsolete, the game doesn't count the LEVELS 1-400, but 1-100 4 times, so re upping doesn't register you as already being LVL100, makes sense, I would have liked to get it right now, but oh well. I can wait to get another 100 levels. @23 now.

Edited to confirm playing a game and gaining ribbons will unlock the achievement as soon as you exit the game to the menu.

It's unfortunate that EPIC would not leave in a provision for Wings = 100, Prestige = 100. Oh well. Long haul back to the top before I can get my Seriously 3.0. Weak sauce.

What does it look like when you re-up? Can other people in the match tell that you've hit 100 before? Or is it just back to level one? I saw mentioned that there are different colors or something. Just curious if there is any visual change to signify that you've hit 100 at least once.

After re-upping my level 100 medal now says -78/100. I am level 122 so it has gone negative. WTF!

Also the check box for "reach level 100" in the seriously achievement description has been unchecked for me too. Reaching 100 again is no biggie but these things hardly inspire confidence.

Oh and I unlocked the ribbon achievement fine too, however I did leave one easy ribbon to complete today.

What does it look like when you re-up? Can other people in the match tell that you've hit 100 before? Or is it just back to level one? I saw mentioned that there are different colors or something. Just curious if there is any visual change to signify that you've hit 100 at least once.

your rank turns green.

Or just play a game, either or it'll pop up.

Obsolete, the game doesn't count the LEVELS 1-400, but 1-100 4 times, so re upping doesn't register you as already being LVL100, makes sense, I would have liked to get it right now, but oh well. I can wait to get another 100 levels. @23 now.

i'm just going to get the achievement later tonight before i re-up. i'm not going to wait another month just to save 200-300K xp.. i could get that much playing horde in a couple of days. i sure wish i knew this 3 days ago! more b/s from epic.

I don't see what the problem is. If you are going for seriously 3.0 then I assume you will also be working towards re-uping again for that achievement. If you earn every onyx medal before you hit level 200 then you'll just end up unlocking seriously 3.0 right before you re-up again for that achievement.

Sure it's an annoyance but it really doesn't matter that much.

I don't see what the problem is. If you are going for seriously 3.0 then I assume you will also be working towards re-uping again for that achievement. If you earn every onyx medal before you hit level 200 then you'll just end up unlocking seriously 3.0 right before you re-up again for that achievement.

the problem is getting to level 100 again will take at least a month, and i already have everything basically onyxed. w/e, i will have the achievement within 30 minutes!

Some people left a few medals very close to onyx in order to get a head start after they re-upped, they got screwed over if they could have had seriously 3.0. Now they have to wait to get it, when they should already have it.

the problem is getting to level 100 again will take at least a month, and i already have everything basically onyxed. w/e, i will have the achievement within 30 minutes!

Some people left a few medals very close to onyx in order to get a head start after they re-upped, they got screwed over if they could have had seriously 3.0. Now they have to wait to get it, when they should already have it.

I see your point but since (I assume) everyone who is going for seriously 3.0 is also going for the re-up again achievement then there really isn't a problem. Instead of getting seriously 3.0 now you'll just get it when you hit 100 again and then you can re-up right after that for the other achievement.

Yes some could have had seriously 3.0 earlier but it's not like re-uping glitches it or makes you loose some progress. In fact getting to level 100 again will actually be faster if you still have some medals level up due to the xp reward. If you waited and got every medal onyxed before re-uping then you would have wasted all the xp rewards.

• 10 months later...