How Do You Play FPS Games  

111 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Play FPS Games

• Inverted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Default, I cannot for the life of me stand to even play Inverted.

Most of my friends swear by default, but there are a couple die-hard inverted freaks who we all raise our eyebrows at... (but still love nonetheless)

All comes down to personal preference. OR for some reason your brain works faster/efficient in inverted play....

OR you are really an alien from the horse-head nebula.

Default, I cannot for the life of me stand to even play Inverted.

Most of my friends swear by default, but there are a couple die-hard inverted freaks who we all raise our eyebrows at... (but still love nonetheless)

All comes down to personal preference. OR for some reason your brain works faster/efficient in inverted play....

OR you are really an alien from the horse-head nebula.

hehe you caught me im the last one :) and congratz on the Lost Odyssey

Default, Inverted screws me up so bad. My friend plays with X default and Y inverted (for some games, that allows him.). I can't imagine playing like that.

Which is just "normal" inverted... X axis is horizontal, Y axis is vertical. Most people don't invert the X axis.

I play inverted on most any game, whether it be FPS or Platformer, and have as long as I can remember. I think it has to do with playing Top Gun or something a lot as a kid. LoL Most flying controls are inverted, so that just became the norm for me I suppose. I dunno, I've been gaming since the late 80's, so it is kinda hard to remember back that far. LoL

Most everyone I know plays default though, my husband included. I've tried doing it, but I just can't. It sucks if one of us ever needs to help the other one out. LoL

FPS: Regular

Anything where I can see the character... Inverted.

So basically, Halo 3 would be regular. GoW is inverted.

It just feels right.

I think I actually used to be the opposite. FPS was inverted, while third person was normal. Now they're both inverted

I used to think that inverted was "normal" for FPS. It just came more naturally for me.

If you notice, there seems to be a pattern though. Most of us who played any sort of flight sim when we were younger, tend to play inverted in other games as well.