Tips for beating the last boss??

osakamitsu

Obvious Spoilers.

I got to the part where the eye comes after you with lasers once. The part where he duplicates your ship as an enemy is making me mad. I have an awesome setup that kicks the crap out of everything...... including myself lol

Basically my setup is have nothing but maxed out homing missiles for every gun and a maxed out hydro propulsion for movement. My two auxiliaries are a maxed out nuke and maxed out clock (forgot name but it slows time down. Maybe you know a better set up for the boss? Its hard when he dupes you and you have a bunch of homing missile coming at you lol.

Any good strategies?

I guess it´s not a strategie, but it worked for me.

I used two maxed lasers, two maxed electro guns, two maxed additional hearts (gives you 6 healthpoints more) and the nuke. As moving part i used this tailthing. When he duplicates me i always get in front of my twin and shoot, so we stick together until the other ship dies. It worked better than flying in circles around the other ship. Thats also the way i destroed the eye.

I spared some of the orange atoms as long as possible.

By the way, is there an invisible enemie at the beginning of this fight? Before the guard was fully on the screen i let tha laser moving 360° over the screen. i hit something near the green door and after a second something screamed(?). I repeated this several times and the laser stoped on different places on the screen - not on a wall it was somewhere in the air.

I thought it is maybe a bug and i can kill the guard without a fight :p

Your setup could use some improvements.

I used 2 max lasers on the front, 4 max electron guns on the sides and 1 max rotor on the back. My auxiliaries are max overclock and max hydro nuke.

For the first part (lots of small enemies) I stayed at the back and just let them come to me. I can take a lot of them out and if they overrun you use the nuke or overclock, and get around them while getting atoms (orange or yellow for health).

For the second part (duplicates) I used overclock as soon as the boss duplicates me and I just keep shooting at his eye. The duplicates have no chance when they emerge and when my overclock stops there is only one left which already lost about half his health.

For the last part I just circle around the eye, grabbing atoms and overclocking (nuking if he's close). He goes down pretty fast.

It's not that hard with the right setup, homing missiles are just not very usefull here ;)

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys managed it quite easily with your advance. My setup was this in the end:

2 maxed Lasers in the front

2 maxed electron guns on the sides

2 maxed life support cells on the back

and the maxed rotor on the back for the backwards movement which really helped in strafing.

Auxiliary units:

maxed nuke

maxed overclock

Now to go find that last bucky ball... ugh

My set up:

4 Max lasers

2 Max hydro jets

1 Max Magnet

Overclock

Nuke

-2 rotors allow you to be more agile (agility is good defense btw)

-Magnet allows to collect healing atoms with ease

Point and shoot at the swarms of enemies. When the duplicates come out, use overclock to align your shot and keep a steady aim. After the duplicates are dead, focus fire on the eye. The boss will die before he can lay a shot on you.

He dies that fast... I missed the buckyball at the end because of it. =(

• 5 weeks later...

I was getting my ass kicked by the clones because they use the same weapons you have equipped, so I went back to 4-4 with upgraded lasers and kept playing the boss(es) stage over and over. I'd get about 3000-4000 atoms every 2-3 minutes. After I got my 50,000 achievement, I upgraded the last of what I needed (minus a few unimportant things). So I equipped (all maxed out):

acid acid

acid acid

life cell attractor

rotor

The attractor (magnet) really helps with collecting the orange atoms to keep your life up. The life cell is a 'just in case' addition.

The reason I chose the acid was because the clones can't shoot it long distance, and with the addition of the rotor—to let you shoot the acid forward while backing up—the clones are stupid enough to chase you down and get killed in your blue cloud of death.

Oh, the auxiliary units used were virus and hydro-nuke, just to slow the little guys down a little. Worked perfect.

Oh, and the acid works great on the 4-4 boss(es) stage if you wanna farm for atoms really quick.