Should I get this game?

M7.Ninja

I've never had any experience with any GTA games before, except during the Hot Coffee incident and when my 6-year-old cousin showed up with a copy on his PSP.

The question is, with Halo 3, Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed coming out at approximately the same timeframe, should I look out to buy it or focus on the other games, and why?

GTA IV is one of the most anticipated games of not only this year but in recent years...you can bet your last dollar that this game will live up to all of its hype, which by no means is little...GTA IV will become a must own game such as halo 3 will be...i can guarantee you this game will blow most gamers away

You'll probably beat the game in less than 2 weeks like any other GTA game and wait for the DLC to come out in Spring but then again, all these games you can beat in a week and etc. Gameplay and gameplay depth has lacked once the 16 bit era died. Beside that little rant, I'll be getting this and skip Halo 3 (Not a fan of it and terribly overrated imo), Assassin Creed I'll skip (mainly because I rather have GTA4), and skipping Mass Effect (again, rather get GTA4). Get GTA4 first, it's going to sellout unlike the other games, they'll be in stock and be on shelves forever. Well, Halo 3 will be sold out for a while too.

yeah one thing is for sure...if your anything like other GTA fans, then you will be playing this game for hours and hours without getting bored...i can right now pop my GTA: SA into my ps2 and be stuck with it for hours on end...and with all the new added features/etc. added to this game, my october-december will be filled with GTA

I'd get this instead of Gaylo or Mass Effect. This and Assassin's will be much better games

I'd go with Sir. Minty on this one. Don't bother getting every game this Q3-4, especially some of the overrated ones.

If you don't want to buy GTA IV, get COD4 instead. Niko shows up there too =)

GTA always has replay value even if you go on little rampages or play through the story again. There is always something to do no matter how long you have been playing. Most other games are done within a few hours and then you sit online playing the same matches over and over and over.

You'll probably beat the game in less than 2 weeks like any other GTA game and wait for the DLC to come out in Spring but then again, all these games you can beat in a week and etc. Gameplay and gameplay depth has lacked once the 16 bit era died. Beside that little rant, I'll be getting this and skip Halo 3 (Not a fan of it and terribly overrated imo), Assassin Creed I'll skip (mainly because I rather have GTA4), and skipping Mass Effect (again, rather get GTA4). Get GTA4 first, it's going to sellout unlike the other games, they'll be in stock and be on shelves forever. Well, Halo 3 will be sold out for a while too.

can't say i'd agree with you because i will be getting all the games but GTA4 will be way harder to beat than 2 weeks for the full 1,000 and im going to be getting halo 3 (dude it's a month before GTA4 and you'll be playing it until GTA4 comes out) and assassin's creed is going to blow the other games out of the water and same with MASS EFFECT

but do what you want lol im not holding you back:eek:

can't say i'd agree with you because i will be getting all the games but GTA4 will be way harder to beat than 2 weeks for the full 1,000 and im going to be getting halo 3 (dude it's a month before GTA4 and you'll be playing it until GTA4 comes out) and assassin's creed is going to blow the other games out of the water and same with MASS EFFECT

but do what you want lol im not holding you back:eek:

If you put enough time and whore yourself to the game like crazy, you can beat it in two weeks. I didn't mean getting all the achievements, just beating the game. I guess it'll have some replay value after you beat the game but nothing awesomely good. All I hope we don't get a shitty ass ending. It annoyed the hell out of me with all these GTA games and their shitty endings.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...