Concerned about getting the Archives edition.

Rednacht

I've played Resi 4 on the Gamecube, completed Resi 5 (no DLC), and never played Code Veronica. With the downloads I can get an extra 2000+ GS, but normally RE 4 and CV can only be bought via a credit card attached to the account. The reason for my concern is account jackers that steal your gamertag by manipulating customer service, of which I have no control over. These jackers tend to target people who they think have a credit card attached to the account, high gamerscore, and games on demand. Someone who has downloaded games on demand (like Crysis, RE4, and Code Veronica) which can normally only be bought via credit card could be singled out by these thieves. I'm worried that using the codes that come with the Archives edition to download RE4 and Code Veronica could make me a target.

I've played Resi 4 on the Gamecube, completed Resi 5 (no DLC), and never played Code Veronica. With the downloads I can get an extra 2000+ GS, but normally RE 4 and CV can only be bought via a credit card attached to the account. The reason for my concern is account jackers that steal your gamertag by manipulating customer service, of which I have no control over. These jackers tend to target people who they think have a credit card attached to the account, high gamerscore, and games on demand. Someone who has downloaded games on demand (like Crysis, RE4, and Code Veronica) which can normally only be bought via credit card could be singled out by these thieves. I'm worried that using the codes that come with the Archives edition to download RE4 and Code Veronica could make me a target.

Not sure what you mean about manipulating customer service. I mean, as long as you call the number that's listed from the Xbox website, you shouldn't have to worry about people manipulating customer service. If you get any strange messages/emails that ask for passwords, or anything regarding your account, you should call the people from Xbox support on their website. Anyone can be a target really, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying yourself. :)

I'm honestly quite confused on this whole thread... I really don't think you have anything to worry about, Microsoft may be cheap but at least they're good on account security, nobody is gonna notice that "oh snap this guy just downloaded RE archives collection, he has a high gamerscore, and a credit card! He's my target, I want him!" Highly unlikely bud, I think you're fine like the rest of us.

http://www.hackedonxbox.com/how-and-why-your-xbox-live-accounts-are-hacked/

It's not really about tricking you into giving out info (that's phishing). It's more like pretending to be you when talking to customer service to get enough info about you to change your password and gain control of your GT.

BTW does the RE5 gold edition achievements stack with the regular edition?

My problem with this is whether to get the PS3 version or this one. I'm most likely to get the 360 version because all I play is xbox... but I heard that the PS3 version gets RE 1+2 along with everything else. Not to keen on Degeneration because I've seen it multiple times and it's on Netflix.

Well 1-3 are $10 each on PS3 last time I checked, and 4 is probably $15~. While I think CV and 4 are 1200msp, and idk about RE5 Gold edition, but maybe $20?

While PS3 has the better games, the 360 version is a slightly better value based entirely on the price (and it's 360).

Edited by Shiftie