Collectible and Medal Guide [After Update]

StarsRPD

Ok I FINALLY got it, hehe. Here are the tips:

- Open the first door in ACT 3 with cctv

- Break both glasses in the second room

- Open the door from room 2 to the large room with the shocking cables with cctv to flood it even more

- Open the door from the cable room to the next area at least twice to let the water flow,

- break three glasses (except for the cyclo-A door (first left when you enter that room)

- the medal will pop after you break the last glass window,

Credits to Vinicius Menti @ TA solution comment.

That did it, thanks so much for posting that, I wasn't shooting the glass in the second room so that must have been a big part of it, hopefully this will help anyone else having trouble with the medal, thanks again.

Thanks so much. I couldn't have gotten 200 without this guide. Here are a few ideas that might help others.

Gravity Medal: The 2 Malthusians don't have to be alive. Kill 2, then push their bodies with sonic rounds until they fall off the side.

Flood Medal: I followed Post 25 but was still having trouble. I needed to be more careful about keeping only one door open at a time in the large electrical cable room. Besides following Post 25, I suggest:

Using the CCTV:

1. Open Door 1 (the one you come through), until the room is as full as possible.

2. Close Door 1, open Door 2 (to the corridor), until the water stops falling.

3. Close Door 2.

4. Cycle through Steps 1-3 a few times. I did at least 4 times. You'll get points for drowning the Malthusians in the corridor, indicating that you're filling the corridor.

5. Open Door 2, go through, then Close Door 2 via the CCTV in the corridor.

After doing those steps and breaking the 3 glass walls, I got Flood.

I also had the issue with Supersonic and Geek disappearing after my first playthrough. They came back and stayed after my second playthrough. I'm not sure if it helped, but after finishing the second time, I immediately went to Load Game, Continue, in the hopes that the medals would be saved. They seemed locked in after doing that. I could then go back for Flood and MegaCombo, finishing the game.

Thanks so much. I couldn't have gotten 200 without this guide. Here are a few ideas that might help others.

Gravity Medal: The 2 Malthusians don't have to be alive. Kill 2, then push their bodies with sonic rounds until they fall off the side.

Flood Medal: I followed Post 25 but was still having trouble. I needed to be more careful about keeping only one door open at a time in the large electrical cable room. Besides following Post 25, I suggest:

Using the CCTV:

1. Open Door 1 (the one you come through), until the room is as full as possible.

2. Close Door 1, open Door 2 (to the corridor), until the water stops falling.

3. Close Door 2.

4. Cycle through Steps 1-3 a few times. I did at least 4 times. You'll get points for drowning the Malthusians in the corridor, indicating that you're filling the corridor.

5. Open Door 2, go through, then Close Door 2 via the CCTV in the corridor.

After doing those steps and breaking the 3 glass walls, I got Flood.

I also had the issue with Supersonic and Geek disappearing after my first playthrough. They came back and stayed after my second playthrough. I'm not sure if it helped, but after finishing the second time, I immediately went to Load Game, Continue, in the hopes that the medals would be saved. They seemed locked in after doing that. I could then go back for Flood and MegaCombo, finishing the game.

I think with the missing medals is that people are getting them and then quitting when you have to reach another checkpoint to save the medal. I got a couple medals after beating the game and then shut it off and they didn't show the next time I booted up, so I beat it again and then loaded act 1 until the first checkpoint and they stated.

Also I noticed you got the swept off your feet achievement, did you download after the patch? Some are saying it's not possible to get, if you did download after the patch would you care to say how you did it, you got it two days ago so hopefully you still remember. It would be a big help because I put a whole week without using any guide except for a medal and this damn achievement and I'd hate to not finish it because of a glitchy achivement.

I didn't download Hydrophobia until after Pure came out. The first time I played the game there was a TU, but only a few MB in size.

I'm afraid I didn't do anything different for Swept Off Their Feet than what guides suggest. I did it on Easy, at the beginning of Act 2. I waited in cover, then shot a glass door when the Malthusian was near it. The Malthusian didn't always fall down, so it did take a few tries. Then I went to the next hallway and repeated my steps. I think I got lucky and knocked down 2 Malthusians at the same time.

Sorry I can't give you more of a sure fire way. But I can confirm that the achievement is unlockable in Hydrophobia Pure.

I didn't download Hydrophobia until after Pure came out. The first time I played the game there was a TU, but only a few MB in size.

I'm afraid I didn't do anything different for Swept Off Their Feet than what guides suggest. I did it on Easy, at the beginning of Act 2. I waited in cover, then shot a glass door when the Malthusian was near it. The Malthusian didn't always fall down, so it did take a few tries. Then I went to the next hallway and repeated my steps. I think I got lucky and knocked down 2 Malthusians at the same time.

Sorry I can't give you more of a sure fire way. But I can confirm that the achievement is unlockable in Hydrophobia Pure.

Thanks, managed to get it as well, didn't do anything differently but it just popped up on my first try.

Hi!

I have been folllowing your collectible guide in the other thread (posted there also, so if someone replies here, don't worry about there...) and I could not, for the life of me, find document 36 (or 35 as it is...).

They are both supposed to be in little mentainance room after you kill 3 guys with Gel rounds (or others). One you have listed as on the wall to the left of terminal you need to hack, while it's on the right and left of the flames. The other supposedly right next to it and on the floor is not there. Room is tiny and I looked in every nook and cranny for 10 mins and nothing.

Anyone that can help locate which is which and where exactly is the (only) one I'm missing would get Kudos from myself^^

Are you sure you aren't looking for the imprinted one in the room where all the water floods in from? The one on the floor is definitely where the guide says it is

Well, the way I see it, is this from my checkpoint:

You come through a vent and there is a green body with gel rounds in front. You move into big area with loads of barrels and dispatch 3 enemies as you see fit. Before doing anything else (from that little "room with green body and vent) i got straight to the wall, turn left and get to the door and into a room with hack console and some fire right across form said door. There is an imprint on the wall to the left of flame, but nothing on the floor.

Unless my game is glitched I looked all over and guide didn't even say it was tricky, are you perhaps talking about a different room ( I checked the whole area, but there are the only door that are open at this point)

It should be on the floor same room. You might have it from before? Have you checklisted it? - VDF Facility Overview.

No, I did not checklist as I have not picked it up, because it's not there... Even if I did get it I would still be able to see it like every single one I already picked up and can now see, but not add to documents. I will try to take a pic and show to you that there is nothing there. Looks like my game is just glitched, because I double checked after work yesterday and it was not there.

It's like it took a walk and took off^^

Well, the way I see it, is this from my checkpoint:

You come through a vent and there is a green body with gel rounds in front. You move into big area with loads of barrels and dispatch 3 enemies as you see fit. Before doing anything else (from that little "room with green body and vent) i got straight to the wall, turn left and get to the door and into a room with hack console and some fire right across form said door. There is an imprint on the wall to the left of flame, but nothing on the floor.

Unless my game is glitched I looked all over and guide didn't even say it was tricky, are you perhaps talking about a different room ( I checked the whole area, but there are the only door that are open at this point)

The one I was referring to is from the green body, look right at the mine there is a door with water spilling through the edges. After you hack the console and get the frequency key off one of the fresh guards this door bursts off and fills the room to the top with water. When the door breaks off you can enter this room and there's an imprinted doc on the left hand wall. Probably useless info really if your game is glitched but maybe it's this one you missed? check it

Hi.

Can someone please help me out here in regards to Document 4.

Document: After going up the stairs to the locked door, after cutscene on the wall to the left of the blue light sign, equip your mavi and collect the imprinted document [4].

This is my first play through so maybe I am being dumb but I just cant find this document. How do you equip the mavi? All I seem to be able to do is press 'back' to bring up the map and objectives etc.

I played through up until my first hack hoping I could back track and find this but it seems I cant.

Could someone please give me some pointers for this.

Thanks.

Hi.

Can someone please help me out here in regards to Document 4.

This is my first play through so maybe I am being dumb but I just cant find this document. How do you equip the mavi? All I seem to be able to do is press 'back' to bring up the map and objectives etc.

I played through up until my first hack hoping I could back track and find this but it seems I cant.

Could someone please give me some pointers for this.

Thanks.

From GameFAQs:

To access Mavi press down on the D-pad. Once you’ve done this you’ll enter a first person view. Depending on the skills you’ve acquired you’ll be able to see invisible messages on the walls, access doors remotely or hack cameras.

When you equip with Mavi, you would able to see the document as the "imprinted red head" (usually on the wall). Stay close to the painting and press X to collect the document.

So it's an image, not a real document that drops on the ground.

Edited by Dunbine

Much thanks for the great guide but there's one problem I noticed with it that threw me out of the loop when using it. For Document 52 you state that it's behind the Mediashack ad, your description makes it seem like it's a document that you'd find on the ground. I eventually figured out that it's an Imprinted Document which the description in your guide doesn't state. You may want to add that in as to not cause confusion over it.

No, I did not checklist as I have not picked it up, because it's not there... Even if I did get it I would still be able to see it like every single one I already picked up and can now see, but not add to documents. I will try to take a pic and show to you that there is nothing there. Looks like my game is just glitched, because I double checked after work yesterday and it was not there.

It's like it took a walk and took off^^

Hi! I was finally able to take screens. Not sure if it will show here or if you will actually have to click the link but here it is. Sorry for the quality....

First screen is the starting area from checkpoint with green body to the left and 3 enemies to kill in front.

http://thumbnails31.imagebam.com/12174/7bdbe6121739275.jpg

Then we have room to which we have to go saying Maintenance room

http://thumbnails23.imagebam.com/12174/d758cb121739281.jpg

This is how it looks when we go in. Hackable console to the left and flaming with imprint to the right

http://thumbnails25.imagebam.com/12174/cbf01b121739288.jpg

Here is shot of imprint on the wall next to the flames.

http://thumbnails13.imagebam.com/12174/1d9e5a121739307.jpg

And here is where it gets tricky. Your guide says there are two imprints in this room and one is on the floor right next to the one on the wall. Well, here is how it looks when coming in through the door to the room

http://thumbnails26.imagebam.com/12174/75410b121739320.jpg

And here when facing the door we came through and having the imprint on the wall behind our back.

http://thumbnails38.imagebam.com/12174/9c35cf121739330.jpg

As you can see there is nothing. And I even checked tiniest corners and nooks. Is this the wrong place or is my game glitched??

Ok, so I just finished the game and somehow I'm missing ONE document. I could've sworn I followed the collectibles thread to a T.

And looking at my -in-game stats is even more confusing. I tried to look at my documents in game and compare them to the listed ones in the collectibles thread. Being out of order is one thing but I only show 22 in my inventory?!? Yet it says I have 54?

What am I missing here?

Certain documents go under each other in pages 1,2,etc. so pages 1-30 (Imprints) go under: From the Works of Thomas Malthus. I did add a / and to the left is the start folder name. I used .. to shorten some of them. And to shorten guide I added a note at the bottom (Imprints) so I didn't have to write it 30 times.

Example:

5 - 10 Years.. / A Vision of the Future

45 - 10 Years.. / Launching Mankinds Great Hope

These 2 go under a folder named 10 years in the making.

Edited by StarsRPD

Certain documents go under each other in pages 1,2,etc. so pages 1-30 (Imprints) go under: From the Works of Thomas Malthus. I did add a / and to the left is the start folder name. I used .. to shorten some of them. And to shorten guide I added a note at the bottom (Imprints) so I didn't have to write it 30 times.

Example:

5 - 10 Years.. / A Vision of the Future

45 - 10 Years.. / Launching Mankinds Great Hope

These 2 go under a folder named 10 years in the making.

Ok, I see. I'll check that.

I just wish they made it easier to figure out which ones have been missed. I'm also going to check to make sure I got the medals for finding all objects/documents in each Act.

The weird thing is that I know I got the medal in Act 3 but it unlocked before finding the last two documents? So that might even be worthless.