New Xbox 360 or no?

wildwest08

I have a xbox 360 hdmi right now which hasnt had any problems at all and I love it. But, the new xbox looks nice and I could use the wireless feature and bigger hard drive. The only bad things I have heard about the new xbox is that it can overheat and if you move it while playing it will destroy your disc (which i never do). So should I get the new one or not? Is there any other problems...

I have a xbox 360 hdmi right now which hasnt had any problems at all and I love it. But, the new xbox looks nice and I could use the wireless feature and bigger hard drive. The only bad things I have heard about the new xbox is that it can overheat and if you move it while playing it will destroy your disc (which i never do). So should I get the new one or not? Is there any other problems...

No matter which version of the Xbox 360 you buy, it will destroy your disk if you move, so that shouldn't affect your decision.

If you have a spare $300 lying around than go ahead, if not there really isn't a need to upgrade.

I think u should get it. My xbox 360 was a pice of shit lol i got it from a pawn shop . I have to say it last me a year then when the summer came it started showing 2 red lights. And shuting off .that piss me off lol. Be 4 it was frezzing , andnot loading some games so yeah. If yours a pic like mine let it go and get the new one i am at tax time. Games system break u know they ant ment to last lol so get it and maybe u can add me and we can kick some ass on halo reach .

I will probably get one, when mine decided to kick it. Right now it works just fine and it all ready has a 250gig hard drive in it. Plus by the time mine does kick it, the new ones should be heat prof. Microsoft hasn't officially said these new ones are heat prof, or at least I haven't see or heard they are heat prof.

I made a thread specifically about this (whether to upgrade/buy a new one). It's fairly detailed, here's the link.

TL;DR Version: If it's not broken, don't buy a new one. You can upgrade your current one to do everything the new one can do at a fraction of the cost. If that still doesn't convince you, at least wait until the holidays when they have a decent bundle.

The only bad things I have heard about the new xbox is that it can overheat and if you move it while playing it will destroy your disc (which i never do). So should I get the new one or not? Is there any other problems...

As somebody who's repaired a few 360's, both of those are common problems with the current batch of 360's too.

In fact the new one is LESS likely to do any damage when it gets hot. The current ones gradually break down due to heating issues, the new one will shut itself down at critical temps to protect the computer.

I plan on purchasing one in a couple of weeks myself. Just shop around because there seems to be a price war going on.

I hate console re-releases, I love the original consoles, same with PSOne, PS2 and PS3. I love the chunkier ones as those are the classics! As for wireless, wired will always be better, stick to ethernet. I hate the new PSP as well, the 3000 model looks so much nicer. The only updated console I agree with is the DSi, it is tons better, although the DSXL looks stupidly oversized.

Anyways....I wouldn't bother.

I hate console re-releases, I love the original consoles, same with PSOne, PS2 and PS3. I love the chunkier ones as those are the classics! As for wireless, wired will always be better, stick to ethernet. I hate the new PSP as well, the 3000 model looks so much nicer. The only updated console I agree with is the DSi, it is tons better, although the DSXL looks stupidly oversized.

Anyways....I wouldn't bother.

Oddly enough, I'm usually the same. I usually get the originals, but after I got robbed, the Elite came out, so I got that one.

Now all my consoles are black. I think the only real reason I'm even getting the 360 S is because it's gloss rather than matte, and both the Wii and PS3 are gloss as well.

OCD and whatnot, I guess.

Oddly enough, I'm usually the same. I usually get the originals, but after I got robbed, the Elite came out, so I got that one.

Now all my consoles are black. I think the only real reason I'm even getting the 360 S is because it's gloss rather than matte, and both the Wii and PS3 are gloss as well.

OCD and whatnot, I guess.

Haha, I don't blame you, I am OCD about my gear matching, I have an Elite as well so it matches the PS3 and I would deffo buy the black Wii if I get another one someday. Colors I don't mind new versions, but whole new designs I don't normally like.

I always warn people about buying new versions of things right away, because there hasn't been enough time to find out all the problems. Much like the iPhone 4 right now. It looks cool, does a lot of cool things, but guess what? Consumer Report said hell no, because of a major flaw. This will just mean that another iPhone 4 will come out later and be much better.

As for the new 360, just wait it out. If it stays positive, go ahead. If not, just wait for a more enhanced one to come out. With electronics, it's always smart to be patient.