The Power of 100 Made Easy

Medelus

Foreword: this achievement is NOT cumulative, despite the misleading description. You must get 100 chain kills in rapid succession. My directions assume you're already familiar with how to chain kill.

The number one problem people have with this achievement is the timing -- with good reason, as it's extremely easy to choke. However, for this, there's a simple solution: pause. While in chain kill mode, every time a grunt charges you and you hear the sword clash, press start, and the QTE prompt will freeze as the menu fades on to the screen, allowing you to see it for about 2 seconds with no consequence. Note the button shown, and then, as you unpause, mash said button. You will, guaranteed, nail it every time.

As for where to get it, it's easily obtainable during the bad Ouka ending sequence, when the base is surrounded by Fujimori's troops (it's hard not to get this ending on your first Ouka storyline run -- go up to the banquet after getting the cutscene about Nobunaga). Whatever option you pick, go outside and start killing troops until the second wave of soldiers burst through the gate -- this is an uninterrupted infinite spawn. Now, get a resonable amount of space, and start chain killing. You should have it within 10-15 minutes, easy.

Hopefully this helps some of you out there. Also note that I have no idea whether the game being installed or not will affect this -- it shouldn't, but if it's not working, try uninstalling and running from the disc.

Edited by Medelus

You only stay in instant kill mode for about 10 seconds in-between kills. If you fail to get a kill in this period of time (it's hard to with this method -- the infinite spawn will ensure that you will never not have enemies flocking to you), you'll revert back to your regular fighting stance, and the kill counter on-screen will disappear and reset. So, you have to keep the chain going while not missing any of the QTEs to get the achievement.

• 4 weeks later...

wow, i thought this achievement was impossible to get, thanks for the idea

also when you kill a shop keep theres a mission at one of the town jobs that makes you fight 100 bad guys at once!!! (note, you have to leave and come back in order to be hated after killing the shop keep.)

Killing anyone in a faction, not just shopkeepers, will make that faction hate you.

There are 4 different `kill 100 enemies' missions, one for each of the 4 factions. Easiest ones to get this achievement on is either the village or town, since the battles take place in areas with a lot of open areas. Fujimori or the other faction gives you the quest in a really lousy area with lots of trees and stuff blocking your way.

There's really no other way to get this achievement. Most of the other huge battle events cut off at about 30-50 kills.

also to note, that the area you posted from the begining doesnt have an infinity and it takes forever (for me haha) to get to the ending when youve done 25+ endings lmao.

its the ending with the 150 or so guyz, just do the job from the broker after killing an innocent:woop:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice tip, really made things much easier. I tried this with the redemption mission but someone would always be too far behind and ruin the combo. After that didn't work two or three times I advanced the story to the Nobunaga event and finally got it fighting the endless waves of soldiers. Three cheers for boundless slaughter! :uzi:

• 1 month later...

Short notice for the people who want to try it during that battle ... the 2nd wave is the wave with the "boss", the other wave is infinite as well, but has huge gaps at times and is impossible for trying get the 100 chain.

But it's still annoying, because the area down there is extremely narrow and you will get pushed in the corner at times, where you'll be attacked almost instantly after a chain. There is no reaction time ...

Edited by Schreckofant

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...