Achievement Discussion

PerpetualHeaven

All other titles, aside from Gold Ballistar, can be unlocked regardless if it's your current title (you just need to have obtained first of course).

In other news seems the achievement list on the site, or mine in general is messed up~

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6218/test00v.th.png

If the site's list is correct. I'm missing Relic Weapon, and the 2 secrets, but that would leave me with.. 1150 GS (i'm at 1160GS).. 40+40+20?

Perhaps SE or MS ninja'd the Relic Weapon achievement? leaving the remaining three: WotG Missions Complete, Past Vana'diel Nation Quests (Sandy, Windy, Bastok), Medal of Altana. 40, 20, 30. Can only wait it out I suppose. :rolleyes:

All other titles, aside from Gold Ballistar, can be unlocked regardless if it's your current title (you just need to have obtained first of course).

In other news seems the achievement list on the site, or mine in general is messed up~

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6218/test00v.th.png

If the site's list is correct. I'm missing Relic Weapon, and the 2 secrets, but that would leave me with.. 1150 GS (i'm at 1160GS).. 40+40+20?

Perhaps SE or MS ninja'd the Relic Weapon achievement? leaving the remaining three: WotG Missions Complete, Past Vana'diel Nation Quests (Sandy, Windy, Bastok), Medal of Altana. 40, 20, 30. Can only wait it out I suppose. :rolleyes:

The reason behind this is that every website has this wrong for some reason. I've tried to figure out on various boards what all the achievements are but no one has a complete set; I don't blame them cause 57 secret achievements is a dick move to begin with. Aside from some jobs at 75, I have all of them except 4. I've spent alot of time trying to figure it out, one of me other posts is http://www.bluegartrls.com/forum/70129-ffxi-achievements-list.html and really no luck there. Here's the thing: First off relic isn't 40 points, but Mercenary Captain Rank is. At the very least those two are juxtaposed, based on the fact that relic should be part of the original 1000, and I can confirm 970 of those points. Note: I don't have a relic weapon. below is what I posted on the other page, it shows the thought process. Apart from a few of the 75 jobs, I have the first 53 listed and are, for sure, 100% correct.

Small note if you skip below, I have not met a single person yet anywhere that can confrim relic is even an achievement. You know what I keep finding? And I'm sure some of you have heard it where the relics are "glitched" or messed up, and they don't unlock: shield dagger bow come to mind. What if for some reason, it's not an achievement? That that 30 I'm missing in the original is the Gold Ballistar? Note also that I do not have that one, I think I'll set out on a quest just to get that one and confirm its positioning from the list of achievements (bolded below in the quote section) because if it takes off the first unbolded 30 that could very well prove relic isn't an achievement. Or if anyone has Gold Ballistar themselves, they can check for me simply like this: open your list of achievements in your guide and see if your last achievement locked is a 30, or a 20. As seen below the last three listed are 40 20 30 in that order.

Apologies first off if this has been posted before, I searched a little over 5 minutes looking for the same topic. If I just fail at search, please point me in the right direction and lock this or whatever. Basically I'm trying to figure out what all the secret achievements are, seeing as how all 57 are secret. Most websites like gamefaqs.com are incomplete in the listings. Even so far as to having the wrong gamerscore listed for an achievement, or on the other wiki they have the wrong amount of achievements. EDIT: updated and reorganized.

Jobs at 75:

1. Bard - 30

2. Beastmaster - 30

3. Black Mage - 30

4. Blue Mage - 30

5. Corsair - 30

6. Dark Knight - 30

7. Dragoon - 30

8. Monk - 30

9. Ninja - 30

10. Paladin -30

11. Puppet - 30

12. Ranger - 30

13. Red Mage - 30

14. Samurai - 30

15. Summoner - 30

16. Thief - 30

17. Warrior - 30

18. White Mage - 30

19. Dancer - 30*

20. Scholar - 30*

Missions:

21. Windurst Rank 10 - 30

22. Bastok Rank 10 - 30

23. San d'Orian Rank 10 - 30

24. CoP - 40

25. RoZ - 40

26. ToAU - 40

27. Breaker of Chains - 30

28. Captain Mercenary Rank - 40

29. Limbus: Omega - 20

30. Limbus: Ultima - 20

Dynamis:

31. Dynamis - Tavnazia - 30

32. Dynamis - Xarcabard - 30

Guild:

33. Synthesis Skill 100 - 50

44. Guild Member - 5

Items/Other:

35. Chocobo Whistle - 5

36. VCS registration card - 5

37. Extra Job Unlock - 5

38. Support Job Unlock - 5

39. Official Soul Reflector - 5

40. Artifact Quest - 5

Key Items: (you have to actually have the key item in possession )

41. Ballista License -5

42. Pure White Feather - 5

43. Assualt ID Tag - 5

44. Boarding Permit - 5

45. Airship Pass - 5

46. Kazham Airship Pass - 5

47. Chocobo License - 5

Titles: (do not have to currently have it on)

48. Destined Fellow - 5

49. Star Breaker - 5

50. Cloud Breaker - 5

51. Sky Breaker - 5

52. Summit Breaker - 5

53. Horizon Breaker - 5

54. Unknown - 40 Possible WotG

55. Unknown - 20 Possible Highest Campaign Medal

56. Unknown - 30 Possible Relic**

57. Unknown - 30 Possible Gold Ballistar

So basically the first 53 are correct, I do not have them all personally. I added Scholar and Dancer directly to the list, I'm very sure they were added in recently. *Thanks Destinye **I can account for 970 of the original so only one 30G is missing. Since "relic" is an original one, if it exsist its a 30, see the add on below. The sticklers are those last four unknown. I very sure that one of those is for Gold Balistar Title. I fairly certain most of you don't have an Xbox copy of the game but for those that do or know of someone who does, if you guys know what those missing three are go ahead and post as it would be appreciated. Possible ideas: EDIT: see above Again if this has been done sorry. I decided to post after seeing website after website being incomplete on this. It's a small annoyance to make all the damn achievements secret, if nothing else when anyone looks at the gamerscore they can't even see what you got it for unless they themselves have that unlocked as well which made trying to find those last three very difficult. [spoiler=post] EDIT: adding this for first time readers who skip posts to see what's been happening: Now you guys have me paranoid, like I said earlier Relic one of the few I can't personally authenticate. Is there anyone out there who can prove this one is an achievement? I have it there cause every website I've seen says it is one. Cause if there's no actual one for relic I can easily see that 40 being completion of WotG since every other expansion ends on a 40G. This one is the third from last in my list.

unlocked ones here then:

.....30 30 30 30 30 30 30

..30 30 30 30 30 30 40 20

Remove 12 of those 30s for jobs (Note: I have 8 75's hence the 12) I think they are in order: 10 jobs 75 not dnc and sch. those are the bolded ones. So now kind of back to the beginning here because 2 of those side by side remaining 30's are dnc and sch. Since they were added in the 250 update they are just tacked on to the end. That would imply that at the very least 30 30 40 20 30 are WotG which I can't prove (the proof being that they are specifically for things in WotG itself I mean). What I can prove is that the "Relic" one is suppose to be in the initial 1000; I remember seeing it in the original list saying fuck, that's some hard shit. You know this fixes some math I was tearing my hair out over yesterday, in excel I kept getting for original Achievements 1010G. So either: Relic is in there, and it's only 30 points instead (easy cross mistake with the Assualt Rank achievement), or it's not an achievement a la those two posters and that first nonbold 30 is actually: Ballista - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki Scroll about half way down to Chevrons, it talks about an achievement there. "XBOX 360 users: Being in possession of a Gold Ballista Chevron and talking to a title bard will grant you the option of unlocking an achievement." You must have the chevron in your Key Items for the option to appear. That would also leave the 30 30 40 20 30 for WotG, which is 150 of the new 250 (and remember that 100 went to those 20 5's) So is anyone able to prove that ballista one? I think I'd be a happy camper if it turns out relic isn't one but that's just my opinion.

Edit of the stuff in spoiler tag: Occam's Razor says that they mixed up Capt. Rank and Relic gamerscore, and that the ballista one is actually one of the expansion 250. Also, fuck relic being worth only 30 what are they thinking? I know the irony of saying every website is wrong with the same info, whereas info from a single source that is the lol wiki might be the correct info. So don't bother pointing that out. I simply just want to find out what these missing achievements truly are.

Edited by Samurai Ralan

• 4 weeks later...

Yes they have, and here they are 100% correct.

Jobs at 75:

1. Bard - 30

2. Beastmaster - 30

3. Black Mage - 30

4. Blue Mage - 30

5. Corsair - 30

6. Dark Knight - 30

7. Dragoon - 30

8. Monk - 30

9. Ninja - 30

10. Paladin -30

11. Puppet - 30

12. Ranger - 30

13. Red Mage - 30

14. Samurai - 30

15. Summoner - 30

16. Thief - 30

17. Warrior - 30

18. White Mage - 30

19. Dancer - 30*

20. Scholar - 30*

Missions:

21. Windurst Rank 10 - 30

22. Bastok Rank 10 - 30

23. San d'Orian Rank 10 - 30

24. CoP - 40

25. RoZ - 40

26. ToAU - 40

27. Breaker of Chains - 30

28. Captain Mercenary Rank - 40

29. Limbus: Omega - 20 (Apollyon Ravenger)

30. Limbus: Ultima - 20 (Temenos Liberator)

Dynamis:

31. Dynamis - Tavnazia - 30

32. Dynamis - Xarcabard - 30

Guild:

33. Synthesis Skill 100 - 50

44. Guild Member - 5

Items/Other:

35. Chocobo Whistle - 5

36. VCS registration card - 5

37. Extra Job Unlock - 5

38. Support Job Unlock - 5

39. Official Soul Reflector - 5

40. Artifact Quest - 5

Key Items: (you have to actually have the key item in possession )

41. Ballista License -5

42. Pure White Feather - 5

43. Assualt ID Tag - 5

44. Boarding Permit - 5

45. Airship Pass - 5

46. Kazham Airship Pass - 5

47. Chocobo License - 5

Titles: (do not have to currently have it on)

48. Destined Fellow - 5

49. Star Breaker - 5

50. Cloud Breaker - 5

51. Sky Breaker - 5

52. Summit Breaker - 5

53. Horizon Breaker - 5

54. Gold Ballistar - 30 (must have key item/title to obtain, and there's a time limit 1 week to get it)

55. Medal of Altana - 30

56. WotG Complete - 40

57. Past Nation Quests (all3) - 20

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I would, yes. If you are planning to play this game, you'd eventually want to get the expansions, as most give access to new areas, quests, classes, etc. Although some of the expansion materials are geared toward higher levels, it's best to have them already beforehand. Also, I believe pricewise, it's the same if not like a few bucks cheaper than older compilation disks. Example: the last 3 mini add ons, were 10 bucks each... the compilation disk, is only 20 bucks. If you found yourself having to track down each individual expansion pack, and all the other extras, you'd be paying quite a bit of money.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played this game for 4 years and got 335 GS, I got RDM to 75 and completed sandy and windy missions, I completed all expansion missions (except WotG), got all of the 5 pointers and got the breaker of the chains title. Was alot of fun and I didnt play for the achievments. I would have maybe 100 more GS if I didnt quit. Maybe I will play again someday since they added Abyssea, wich I heard you can lvl from 30-75 in one day.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been playing since PS2 launch, currently at 780 Gamerscore, there's only one more Achievement I can't get solo and that's Dynamis-Tavnazia clear. Hopefully the LS I'm in will win it someday.

Ugh, I do NOT look forward to skilling up a craft to 100. What a terrible idea, it should have been synth skill 30 or 50 at most. Square-Enix is evil! :mad:

If I ever get full Gamerscore, this will be one of the greatest gaming accomplishments that I'll ever achieve (no pun intended).

Edited by Chocoburger

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The 2-8 years is outdated.

With the abyssea add ons you can get ANY job to 75 for the achievement in a day, max.

Even if you don't own the add ons getting to 75 is still easy, maybe a day or two depending on how dedicated you are.

The rest of the achievements, once you hit lvl 99 are very manageable. Most can be solod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...