August 11, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

- Army of Two

- Battlefield 2: Modern Combat

- NASCAR 09 (North America)

- NCAA Basketball 10

- NCAA Football 10

- Skate

- Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted (no online achievements)

October 1, 2011 Online Service Shutdown

- Madden NFL 10

- NHL 10

Damn! I was hoping Army of Two wasn't on there. I need to boost that quickly now, especially since I bought the DLC ~_~

The biggest upset imo though is Battlefield 2 getting the shaft. I wanted to try it online before BF3 released (since it's supposed to be more akin to that than BFBC2), but with servers shutting down in a month I don't think I'll get the chance D: Doesn't help that there's a good 16 achievements to get online.

Final note: jesus their sports game servers are short lived. I hope online pass at least helps extend the life of the servers, since late comers that generally buy used will have to pay extra to get online.

Edited by Veedrock

Final note: jesus Madden servers are short lived. I hope online pass at least helps extend the life of the servers, since people that wait and buy it used for cheap have to pay :S

I never thought about that. I wonder how the gaming community would take it if they started kill of support for games with an online pass.

I never thought about that. I wonder how the gaming community would take it if they started kill of support for games with an online pass.

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the two sports games listed. Let see....you want to buy a game used? well, you're going to have to spend 10 bucks to play online. Oh, and btw, we're going to shut the servers down after a year so don't wait too long. I'm not a sports gamer, but that's messed up.

Better rebuy Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 then. Got one achievement before I became addicted to achievements, traded it in and now need to buy it back. Damn EA.

I never understood why they have to close any of their servers though - they're making so much money, and yet they feel the need to shut down servers for games that are just 1 and a half years old. Ridiculous.

I never understood why they have to close any of their servers though - they're making so much money, and yet they feel the need to shut down servers for games that are just 1 and a half years old. Ridiculous.

Because they can make even more money by making you buy the new versions just so that you can play them online.

I ended up giving away NFS: Shift and Mercs 2 because they shut the servers down. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave you the option to dconnect directly to friends to play after turning the servers off.

Because they can make even more money by making you buy the new versions just so that you can play them online.

I ended up giving away NFS: Shift and Mercs 2 because they shut the servers down. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave you the option to dconnect directly to friends to play after turning the servers off.

umm what? mercs 2 servers are still on and so are Shifts. Fail.

Agh stupid me. I didn't think they'd close the Army of Two servers. Now i'm gonna have to finish that. I thought they already closed the Skate 1 servers though so i could care less

Wow Battlefield 2 MW what will they do when Battlefield 3 comes out close that server after a few weeks. Well all is fair in love and war then.

“Here is my opinion if you have any of these titles I would send them right back to EA with a letter stating in the future you want title of yours to be bought it would be suggested to keep games on the servers or there titles would suffer in sales and WE the gamers will shut EA down one day. “

I have already sent back one game back to the Develop company with a letter about there BS. I also suggest no one buy Battlefield 3 EA will only close it down after a year it would be a waste of your money RENT, RENT, RENT !!! How dare this company be so bold don’t they know we keep them in business without us gamers EA is nothing !!

:ass

umm what? mercs 2 servers are still on and so are Shifts. Fail.

It seems I was misinformed by a friend as, it looks like it was the PC version of Mercs 2 that was shut down, and earlier NFS servers.

Still, if it makes you feel good to point out others' mistakes, then more power to you :)

Wow Battlefield 2 MW what will they do when Battlefield 3 comes out close that server after a few weeks. Well all is fair in love and war then.

“Here is my opinion if you have any of these titles I would send them right back to EA with a letter stating in the future you want title of yours to be bought it would be suggested to keep games on the servers or there titles would suffer in sales and WE the gamers will shut EA down one day. “

I have already sent back one game back to the Develop company with a letter about there BS. I also suggest no one buy Battlefield 3 EA will only close it down after a year it would be a waste of your money RENT, RENT, RENT !!! How dare this company be so bold don’t they know we keep them in business without us gamers EA is nothing !!

:ass

Battlefield 3 will be up for more than a year. Battlefield 2: MC was out for a good 4+ years if i remember correctly.

Heh, to think I rushed boosting Army of Two back at the end of 2009/start of 2010 because it was so dead online that I thought it was only gonna' be a matter of weeks/a few months at maximum before they shut the servers on it.

A tip to those trying to get the last achievements done on it, make a start as soon as you can, shooting the hovercraft for Retirements Savings Plans takes bloody ages to get done.

The rest you can get in just a few matches.

Talk about good timing - I literally unlocked the last few online achievement I needed on Battlefield 2 about a month ago. Now I can amble through single player at my leisure.

Still, the rest of the games have been around for a couple of years at least so no great shocks.

Damn lucky for you, bad timing on my part, I haven't even played that one yet! :(

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the two sports games listed. Let see....you want to buy a game used? well, you're going to have to spend 10 bucks to play online. Oh, and btw, we're going to shut the servers down after a year so don't wait too long. I'm not a sports gamer, but that's messed up.

None of the games listed have the online pass. That wasn't implemented until the 2011 sports titles. You are combining two complaints that have no relation and creating a complaint that has no basis in reality (well, not now, anyway).