Play.com codex edition

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same story.

Really annoying. I suspect this may be a manufacturing defect, though. I suggest perhaps we wait for CS to reply then bombard Ubisoft with complaints.

http://www.troliver.com/broken1.jpg

http://www.troliver.com/broken3.jpg

thats a huuuuuge manufacturing problem though lol how did it go unnoticed is what i want to know hehe

Same story for me too, arrived Friday, but it was left next door.. I had to wait until yesterday to get it. I spent yesterday doing Halo Reach challenges, opened it up this morning to discover it's exactly like this.

Not very happy at all, I phoned Play, all they offered me was to send it back for a Refund. They're out of stock (been a long time since a limited edition was actually limited.

I posted on the Ubi forums... should have looked here first, well least I'm not the only one, it looks like the inside lid has been ripped off, no doubt Play.com didn't use the best courier here, but I also wonder if it's poorly manufacturered as well.

I hope Ubi/Play.com can sort this out for us, and manufacture some more Codex Boxes and send them out to us.

At first, I thought there was trick to opening it, was looking for a button, or a way to slide it, then I lifted the lid off and was still perplexed, then I thought "uh oh... it's not supposed to do that is it".

Also, next question... anyone used the code inside with it yet? Does that work for sure? There's been some instances with games lately that codes don't work and I'm scared to enter it yet, lol.

Same story.

Really annoying. I suspect this may be a manufacturing defect, though. I suggest perhaps we wait for CS to reply then bombard Ubisoft with complaints.

http://www.troliver.com/broken1.jpg

http://www.troliver.com/broken3.jpg

just had a thought, say if play.com or ubisoft refuse to redo the lids coulnt we report them to the BBCs whatchdog program for selling a faulty product and not replacing it?

if anyone else agrees try and find out how to report it and let everyone know here, i want someone else to agree its a good idea before i do anything lol, in retrospect ubisoft SHOULD replace the broken lid as its a manufacturing problem

I got mine this afternoon and like other people's the outer box was damaged and all four of the tabs on the lid were broken off.

Same here, I'm e-mailing Ubisoft about the tabs on the lid being broken, see whast they say.

Mine just arrived today.

I f-ing hate Play.com, they used to be good, now they are total shit, tbh.

Same here, I'm e-mailing Ubisoft about the tabs on the lid being broken, see whast they say.

Mine just arrived today.

I f-ing hate Play.com, they used to be good, now they are total shit, tbh.

hey dude where did you email ubisoft about this problem? care to leave the email adress for me and probably everyone else

Ugghhh, I hate customer support for stuff like this.

The people responding clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Hello -

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident by clicking on the "Update Question" Button at the bottom of this page (Please do not create a new incident).

If you have received a damaged copy of the game you will need to take it back to the shop for a replacement.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,

-

Ubisoft Technical Support.

As much as I hate Play.com recently, the damage so many people are getting with the lid is obviously not caused by Play.com ffs. :mad:

Ugghhh, I hate customer support for stuff like this.

The people responding clearly don't have a clue what they're talking about.

As much as I hate Play.com recently, the damage so many people are getting with the lid is obviously not caused by Play.com ffs. :mad:

play could only offer me a refund, they don't have any more least im sure thats what my email said.

"We are happy to accept this duplicate order as a return. Please be advised

that we do not have the facilities to operate an exchange and will only be

able to refund the order for you. We have noted the potential return on

your account."

Update.

I replied saying about how the problem wasn't anything to do with Play.com in my case, (you know, unless they decided to open my order and screw it up then this can't have been caused by them).

All I got was this response:

If you buy a product that you are not happy with for whatever reason, if it is broken at the time of purchase or if you are just not happy with it, you will always need to turn to the retailer, not the manufacturer.

I am sorry we can not help you more, but this is technical support and we do not deal with sales or orders.

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely piss poor on Ubisoft's part.

All that sounds like to me is Ubisoft not wanting to take any responsibility and telling me politely to f--- off.

If your manufacturing screws up a product, try taking some responsibility.

Look at 2K with the broken big daddies.

Update.

I replied saying about how the problem wasn't anything to do with Play.com in my case, (you know, unless they decided to open my order and screw it up then this can't have been caused by them).

All I got was this response:

I'm sorry, but that's absolutely piss poor on Ubisoft's part.

All that sounds like to me is Ubisoft not wanting to take any responsibility and telling me politely to f--- off.

If your manufacturing screws up a product, try taking some responsibility.

Look at 2K with the broken big daddies.

the item prolly would make its way back to ubisoft during play since they are the retailers. im doubtful they will replace it, prolly aint making any more. and at this time play are only going to give refunds which is just annoying :(. your manufacturing fault is apart of ubisoft yeah, but it still would have to go to the retailer then from them back to ubisoft. which sounds about right, can't bypass the chain of command :). im lucky only part of my box was dented everything else was ok.

oh i remember someone saying they had ubisoft sellign the codex's themselves, maybe if you can get a play refund and see if they have some still?.

Edited by Quickdraw

oh i remember someone saying they had ubisoft sellign the codex's themselves, maybe if you can get a play refund and see if they have some still?.

Cheers :)

It's not that though, I don't care about the damage, it's miniscule and I can break a coupld of cocktail sticks up and they'll work just as well if it bothers me that much that the case doesn't fit exactly into place, it's just this really doesn't lie with Play.com.

They sold it, nothing more nothing less. If the package was damaged or anything like that, I would take it up with Play, but here it's the manufacturing, not the retailer.

So I don't appreciate the people that should be fixing it completely ignoring the problem and just pointing at a completely different party.

Cheers :)

It's not that though, I don't care about the damage, it's miniscule and I can break a coupld of cocktail sticks up and they'll work just as well if it bothers me that much that the case doesn't fit exactly into place, it's just this really doesn't lie with Play.com.

They sold it, nothing more nothing less. If the package was damaged or anything like that, I would take it up with Play, but here it's the manufacturing, not the retailer.

So I don't appreciate the people that should be fixing it completely ignoring the problem and just pointing at a completely different party.

yeah that i understand, i know play can only offer a refund and all you will get from them is a auto response saying you can get a return for cash which ofc just sucks.

im surprised something so flaw didn't get picked up before shipping, mean the way mine was carried around was just stupid and careless, i wouldn't be surprised if it was tipped on its head and it broke that way.

not sure what else you can do now, most of them prolly arn't being printing any more did you check ubisoft site and see if they have any?

Mines still not come. It's been a week since the release date, and 11 days since it was dispatched.

Pretty sure someones stole it.

yeah im under that impression as well, my bag had a hole in it when i got it thankfully it was still inside. sucks people taking mail like that, if ti got misplaced i would have expected it to surface.

my heart goes out to you man, i never wish that to happen to anyone.

Thanks man. The kick in the balls was that the one I ordered for someone (ps3) was dispatched a day after mine, and also delivered on Saturday.

I gave in and bought it for £30 and I know I can get £30 for trading it in so it's not too bad, just lame that I can't inquire about it being stolen until 21 days.