96 members have voted

1. 1. When do you get your game?

• I love going to midnight releases for games I enjoy
    • I normally buy games on launch day but don't go to midnight releases
    • I have my game shipped to me
    • I get it through Gamefly or similar ways
    • I wait a few days and see the reaction before buying
    • I wait for price drops regardless of how good it is

I love going to midnight releases, sense I only sleep for 3 or 4 hours a night anyway. However I haven't made it to the last few I wanted to go to because my car blew up and I'm not walking 17 miles each way. So I've had to start ordering online usually get it the next day, but for once Gamestop shipped it a day early so I'll get it tomorrow.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never been to a midnight release before and I am thinking about going for Halo 4 for the first time. How long does it take for people to buy there game? Are the lines quick after midnight? How long do they stay open for the midnight release? Do they only accept a certain amount of people or something cause one of my friends camping out since this morning

For games I want to play "right this minute", I attend the Midnight Release.

All that is here is a Walmart store, and they sometimes do Midnight Releases of games. They aren't some big "to do" or anything. There aren't long lines. I live in a small town, so all we do is show up, ask for the game, pay for it, leave at midnight.

It's a great arrangement. I'm actually going to attend TONIGHT'S midnight release to get Halo 4 early. I do have the LE already preordered and purchased and shipping says it will arrive tomorrow... But I don't want to wait on that. I'm going to buy the copy at Midnight Release, play it, when my other copy shows up, give my first copy to my friend who was gracious enough to donate his ENTIRE WEEKEND to helping me get to General in Halo Wars.

I'll be leaving my apartment at about 11:50 in order to spend as little time there as possible. Midnight releases are always lame. There's tons of weirdos sitting around talking to the Gamestop employees and others who are obvious cyber-dwellers getting out for the first time in years to do something other than pick up fast food.

This will be the first midnight release I've been to since Halo Reach and will be the last until the next Halo game, maybe, though by that time I'll probably have outgrown it all-together and will simply get it the next day if I get it at all.

I'll be leaving my apartment at about 11:50 in order to spend as little time there as possible. Midnight releases are always lame. There's tons of weirdos sitting around talking to the Gamestop employees and others who are obvious cyber-dwellers getting out for the first time in years to do something other than pick up fast food.

This will be the first midnight release I've been to since Halo Reach and will be the last until the next Halo game, maybe, though by that time I'll probably have outgrown it all-together and will simply get it the next day if I get it at all.

Sounds like a fun event, nothing wrong with cyber-dwellers. At least they are not sitting around on a forum complaining about people like you showing up to a midnight launch event.

Couldn't agree more. I'm usually the guy who gets out of the car at 11:59 or 12:05 and goes in at the end of the line. It looks like a Walking Dead extras casting at these things. If I had to guess, only about five percent of the line has showered in the past two weeks too.

Midnight releases are usually shit, but can be awesome if done right.

The Halo 3 release I went to was fucking horrible. Back when Game Crazy existed, I popped in to see the room packed wall to wall with sweaty little nerds and the employee was flinging these plush plasma grenades out at everyone. It was fagfest 2007 at its prime. So I got the hell outta there and picked it up at gamestop.

Now the Mortal Kombat 2011 midnight release was the shit because the gamestop I went to partnered with Aaron's Furniture Store and I got to chill on these nice couches and played on these big screen tv's and had pizza. Kinda nostalgic because it reminded me of the arcades being packed with people when the new MK game came out.

So no, I won't be going to this midnight release. Instead, I'll be waiting naked at my door for the UPS man. I want that package!!!! no homo

Couldn't agree more. I'm usually the guy who gets out of the car at 11:59 or 12:05 and goes in at the end of the line. It looks like a Walking Dead extras casting at these things. If I had to guess, only about five percent of the line has showered in the past two weeks too.

If you go to a place with a line you gotta just arrive at 12:30. Only like 3 people get in line after midnight so you don't lose your spot and that way you don't have to suffer the chance of being socially obligated to talk to some of these people when what you really want is to pretend you're not there.

I'll be going to the MS Store midnight release tonight. I'm hoping that since they have 50,000 people employed to make sure the store always looks crowded they will be able to clear people out fast (plus, who thinks of going to the MS Store to preorder a game? I didn't even know the mall would let people in that late).

If you go to a place with a line you gotta just arrive at 12:30. Only like 3 people get in line after midnight so you don't lose your spot and that way you don't have to suffer the chance of being socially obligated to talk to some of these people when what you really want is to pretend you're not there.

I'll be going to the MS Store midnight release tonight. I'm hoping that since they have 50,000 people employed to make sure the store always looks crowded they will be able to clear people out fast (plus, who thinks of going to the MS Store to preorder a game? I didn't even know the mall would let people in that late).

I have to say my Gamestop has mastered moving a line through. I went to the Borderlands 2 release and did what I said about walking in at the end of the line and I was home by 12:15am. I gotta give them credit for their herd-moving abilities.