DLC for 12/23

Matrarch

Someone mentioned wanting Christmas music?

Via Rcokband.com forums:

Hey everybody,

Next week we will be dropping the Rockin' the Holidays 2008 pack for DLC. This pack will come out on Xbox 360 and PS3 on Tuesday, December 23rd. Come back Friday for more news on next week's DLC.

Barenaked Ladies - "Hanukkah Blessings"

Billy Squier - “Christmas is the Time To Say I Love You”

The Pretenders - “Blue Christmas”

Holiday tracks will be available for $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) each or for $2.99 (240 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

Edit- Just read what I quoted a little more carefully. I don't know what "more news" they're announcing tomorrow, but I'll update if it's anything interesting. :)

And a Hanukkah track? That should please my family, heh. ;)

And the rest of next week's DLC. Anyone down for more Foo?

Hey everybody,

So yesterday we announced that the Rockin' the Holidays three pack was coming out next week. But that won't be all! On Tuesday (December 23rd) on both PS3 and 360 we will also be releasing a Foo Fighters Pack!

Foo Fighters - “DOA”

Foo Fighters - “Times Like These”

Foo Fighters - “This Is A Call”

The Foo Fighters’ tracks will be available for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the 3-pack.

Edited by Matrarch

Hopefully there is more than just these songs...=/

Seriously, I hear this every single time Harmonix releases songs...

You cannot expect them to release a truckload of songs every week, they have to do a lot to get these you know?

Also, they don't have to give us anything, so be grateful for what we do get.

Seriously, I hear this every single time Harmonix releases songs...

You cannot expect them to release a truckload of songs every week, they have to do a lot to get these you know?

Also, they don't have to give us anything, so be grateful for what we do get.

Well since it says there will be more news Friday, I think I have a reason to hope for more songs this week. Trust me though, I know how you feel, I usually feel that we should be grateful for what we are getting and I am, but...you have to admit this month has been pretty lackluster. I understand that they are trying to cater to all different styles of music, but some actual ROCK this month would be appreciated.

I understand that they are trying to cater to all different styles of music, but some actual ROCK this month would be appreciated.

I was just thinking that same thing earlier today. They released a lot of stuff this month, but not much of it was rock. Not that I mind too much, because I like diversity in my choices, but it is called "Rock Band" after all... :p

I was just thinking that same thing earlier today. They released a lot of stuff this month, but not much of it was rock. Not that I mind too much, because I like diversity in my choices, but it is called "Rock Band" after all... :p

It's called Grand Theft Auto but you don't spend the whole time stealing cars. You are rarely actually Orange in The Orange Box. You spent time racing on asphalt in DiRT. I think sometimes folks get a little too hung up on the name.

But considering we got 13 No Doubt tracks, an All-American Rejects track, and a CoB track, most of this months DLC has been actually been rock. You may not have liked all of it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't Rock.

It's called Grand Theft Auto but you don't spend the whole time stealing cars. You are rarely actually Orange in The Orange Box. You spent time racing on asphalt in DiRT. I think sometimes folks get a little too hung up on the name.

But considering we got 13 No Doubt tracks, an All-American Rejects track, and a CoB track, most of this months DLC has been actually been rock. You may not have liked all of it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't Rock.

I was making light. :p But seriously who considers No Doubt rock? It's pretty pop. I like some of it, but it's not really rock...

I was making light. :p But seriously who considers No Doubt rock? It's pretty pop. I like some of it, but it's not really rock...

same goes for All American Rejects. if I had never heard any of their songs, I could still be able to tell that they're a terrible emo band, based on name alone. the RB music store even labels them as emo, which always makes me chuckle...

same goes for All American Rejects. if I had never heard any of their songs, I could still be able to tell that they're a terrible emo band, based on name alone. the RB music store even labels them as emo, which always makes me chuckle...

Why do rock fans feel the need to break everything down to ridiculous levels? Country covers everything from Conway Twitty to Big & Rich. Overspecialize your music labels all you want, Pop and Emo are sub-genres of Rock. May as well get over it. Eventually, if people keep recategorizing music they don't like so it isn't in their chosen "genre" every band will have their own. Are egos really that fragile?

EDIT: Forgot to add that it's "only my opinion" so I can't be criticized for it. So nyaah. ;)

Edited by TwistedFate

Well it's the same as We Three Kings, and to a certain extent the Top Gun Anthem.

I don't think I've heard any of these, but Christmas songs are usually cool.

As for the genre of music discussion, does it really matter what label is attached to it? The Kill is Emo, but I like it. I don't care if the game is called Rock Band, they can put anything on it that's sounds good. Be it Country, Pop-Rock, Emo, anything.

Why do "music" fans feel the need to break everything down to ridiculous levels?

Fixed it for you. As for why, one of my favorite pianists said it best: "That's just the way it is"... While my tastes are wide, varied and eclectic, I follow the logical method of genre breakdown. Also, there are many sub-categories to country if you know country music or people who are into country music. ;)

First post updated with info on the Foo Fighters three pack also being released next week. Definitely happy to get This is a Call. One less reason to bother firing up GH3, heh. ;)

Actually, aren't two of these songs from the GH3 track pack? They just swapped The Pretender and DOA I think.

Edit, ok, only one of these songs is in the GH3 pack. That pack was This is a Call, The Pretender, and All My Life. Whoops. :p

Edited by Matrarch

Wow, adding that was a nice little cherry on top, adding more excellent Foo tracks. Only problem is, I'm running out of HD space. :(

read yesterday that Circuit City was having an unannounced, very quiet $80 deal on the 120 GB HDD. might not be a bad idea to check it out if you have a CC around, but I've heard that even though no one knows about this... it's selling.

bankrupt companies have good deals...