Stupid question about Marathon mode

rdrunr89

Is there any way to do a continuation on Marathon so it doesn't stop after level 15?? I was at 177,000 going for the 200,000 when the game ended after clearing lines on level 15. How do you keep going?

Sorry if this was posted before. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this dumb question but I'm stumped

• 1 month later...

asaemon, thats how i did it - it kind of snuck up on me, i was just going tetris after tetris and all the sudden i was at 350,000+ and i was just trying to keep it together line after line until i hit 503,000 ...got the achievement. Then soon after i got the dirty south triple tetris one ..and got all 1000 points.

• 2 years later...

I'm still stuck on this... I start at level 9 and get straight tetris' to level 11. I've completed level 15 with something like 320k. I really don't understand how to do this aside from starting at a much higher level and getting straight tetris'.

I see people have used Variable to get the achievement, now my question is how do you prevent a Tetris from counting as 12 lines? I manage to only get about 220k with Variable starting at level 1.

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

In a hopeless attempt to raise my completion percentage, it was futile to begin on level 10 for me. But somehow, and I really don't know how I managed, but I popped the achievement just by starting on level 1 and about 8 lines to clear with no fill. Thanks for the tips, and most of all, inspiration to get at it! :)