Destroy opponents?

Hi!

I've finished Highway Nights, and am missing a single achievement, which requires me to destroy 10 opponents.

Somehow, I've ramped up 4 kills already, but can't figure out how to destroy them on purpose. I tried the "Guests of the state" mission, but no matter how often I bump into the chasing cars, I can't get them destroyed.

Those 3-4 vehicles always destroy the limousine, before I even destroy a single one of them. I either bump into the left or right rear of them, which makes them spin around, but even though I do that 10-11 times, they don't explode.

Shooting them to explode doesn't seem to rate as a "destroy" either, and doing the training mission where I can explode a car with the remote car doesn't count either.

Please, tell me how to destroy opponents or which mission to pick instead of "Guests of the state" :-)

Thanks a heap,

Garvin

Only destroying by crashing counts. The only mission I remember where to do this is "Guests of the State". Unfortunately, only the last of the cars you have to wipe out has to be destroyed that it counts. So you have to play the whole mission over and over until the achievement pops up.

Hi!

Only destroying by crashing counts. The only mission I remember where to do this is "Guests of the State". Unfortunately, only the last of the cars you have to wipe out has to be destroyed that it counts. So you have to play the whole mission over and over until the achievement pops up.

Yesterday with the help of another user I figured it out. The easiest mission for this (for me) was on Day 4, called "The Party". In part 2 of this mission, you get to crash a party of some drivers and need to follow one by destroying him.

I picked the fastest car available, got up to speed and crashed into him into the rear. After doing this about 5 to 6 times, the car was successfully crashed and counts as a kill.

Thanks for mentioning about the last car about the other mission, though - I tried it for the first cars and always failed :-)

Yesterday with the help of another user I figured it out. The easiest mission for this (for me) was on Day 4, called "The Party". In part 2 of this mission, you get to crash a party of some drivers and need to follow one by destroying him
Hi there, I have the same problem. But another problem arised: I can't seem to able to find a mission called "The Party". Can you help me?

Ciao,

Claudio

Hi Claudio!

Hi there, I have the same problem. But another problem arised: I can't seem to able to find a mission called "The Party". Can you help me?

Ciao,

Claudio

Did you play the whole game through already? The Party should be the first mission of day 4 (or was it 3?)

It's a mission where you start of heading to a meeting of those Speed-Racing clubs, which you bust with your police, and then they scramble away from you and you have to catch one of them.

"The Party" can be accessed through the menu option "Cases" (German "Die Fälle...")...

Regards,

Garvin

The Party should be the first mission of day 4 (or was it 3?)
That is not universally valid. It depends on your current progress where the Party will be available in the cases.

Please read the achievement guide (especially step 1) where I gave a detailed description how to unlock The Party. If this does not help, feel free to ask again.

• 4 months later...

1 - drive around in Patrol mode then open your road map and look for a red triangle icon which in the legend lists this as an "Opponent"...there are a few types of opponent tho.

2 - if you drive past one that says shadowing or race then slelect NO, your looking for one that says "Pursuit" once you select yes on a pursuit they will run away just ram them until they are at 100% damage this will count as an opponent destroyed

*make sure you dont shoot them or stop them by blocking*

i did this myself just yesterday and it unlocked, check ur stats to double check after each opponent destroyed :D