Best games for achievements?

Slaughter.

I'm sure there are some other threads around here that have covered this, but I'll respond anyways!

- Viva Piñata & Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise were both fun games. They're chill and relaxing and their achievement lists are easy and actually quite entertaining - more so the first one. The second one involves having a camera and completing tedious little challenges. Not too hard though!

- Mafia II was an insanely enjoyable game to get achievements for since the characters, music, and story were excellent. The gameplay got REALLY boring at times - I actually can guarantee it that everyone will be bored at some point - but achievement wise...it's still easy and fun. Just avoid the DLC! It sucked!

- Tomb Raider (2013) was a really fun game with an easy 500-600:gsicon: worth of Single Player achievements. A lot of people have overlooked this game, but it's a gem among many of the 2013 games.

- BioShock Infinite was great. It had an easy list with an amazing story to experience. The gameplay and combat can get boring, but the characters and story kept me hooked. Without really trying, I was able to obtain maybe 400-600:gsicon: worth of achievements on your first playthrough.

Edited by BiggD

I own Tomb Raider but I just don't want to do the mp. It's a piece of shit grind in my opinion... Also, I just want to say I absolutely hate BioShock. It's an overrated shooter with boring gameplay and an above average story. I'll look into Mafia II and see if that's good but the actual sandbox element sucked.

Also, I just want to say I absolutely hate BioShock. It's an overrated shooter with boring gameplay and an above average story.

Dude, what current gen first person shooters aren't overrated, besides the King Kong movie game (although I suppose it's more action/adventure shooter than hard to the core shooter) and Prey? :)

I haven't played Enslaved: Odyssey to the West yet, but I have played the demo on the marketplace and I suggest you give it a shot. I'm personally clearing out the other games in my queue before I touch Enslaved.

The achievements seem moderately easy. Same goes for Alan Wake, another game I've downloaded from the marketplace and I'm just waiting to play.

Keep in mind, both games have DLC achievements tied to them. But the reception to all of the DLC seems fairly good.

Enslaved achievement guide:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/enslaved/guide/

Alan Wake:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/alan-wake/guide/

The final thing I'll recommend is one of my favorite games of all time, The Secret of Monkey Island. The special edition on the arcade was a great way for me to revisit it. It's pretty much a very funny, very enjoyable point and click adventure game. It controls better on PC, but it's not all that bad on consoles.

The achievements were easy as well, nothing too insulting of course. There's an achievement for beating the game within three hours (but not in one sitting). It's easier than it sounds.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/the-secret-of-monkey-island-special-edition/guide/

Edited by LickableLemons7

I own Tomb Raider but I just don't want to do the mp. It's a piece of shit grind in my opinion... Also, I just want to say I absolutely hate BioShock. It's an overrated shooter with boring gameplay and an above average story. I'll look into Mafia II and see if that's good but the actual sandbox element sucked.

Considering you have a whopping 9 achievements out of the entire Bioshock trilogy i'm gonna write that comment off as not giving it enough of a chance to develop any kind of story to have an opinion like that. Really gotta play a game more than an hour before slamming it like that.

But you have plenty of Call of Duty achievements, so idk get Black Ops or something because those are all original and innovative. Yeah. :dance:

Dark Souls is a fun grind so far, its going to take a while but with a lot of work a solid gamerscore is obtainable from it i'm sure.

I think the game(s) that had the most challenging, but also the most fun achievements was the Mass Effect trilogy. It took me 2+ years to get them all (them there DLC's can be expensive), but I considered it a journey throughout. When I got the last achievement of the trilogy (from Omega DLC I think), I considered it the end of said long journey. And the achievements from the trilogy were most memorable to me out of all of them... except for maybe beating all 60 floors of the Tower of Lost Souls in Soulcalibur IV. That was a mess lol.

No no no. I beat BioShock 2 on a different profile. If for some reason I do end up buying BioShock Infinite, it'll be a used GOTY. I was thinking the other day about playing Dark Souls, but the difficulty just doesn't appeal to me. I get why some people like it, but that's not the reason I play RPGs (if you consider DS an RPG). It does, however, seem to be one of few games that make me want to come back even after being extremely frustrated, which is why I'll buy a used DS2 on the first month it comes out.

No no no. I beat BioShock 2 on a different profile. If for some reason I do end up buying BioShock Infinite, it'll be a used GOTY. I was thinking the other day about playing Dark Souls, but the difficulty just doesn't appeal to me. I get why some people like it, but that's not the reason I play RPGs (if you consider DS an RPG). It does, however, seem to be one of few games that make me want to come back even after being extremely frustrated, which is why I'll buy a used DS2 on the first month it comes out.

Well if it helps, Infinite is significantly different from the first two, but it still feels like Bioshock. It really shouldn't be missed, even with your dislike of the first two I urge you to give it a fair shot at some point before moving on to next gen.

Dark Souls is a vicious bitch but I love her anyway. The appeal depends on how much one can tolerate and how far you are willing to push yourself for a game.

I'll post a few repeats:

Tomb Raider - Super awesome SP experience! Yes, the MP is a pain in the ass grind. But if you're not a completionist, you can get an easy 750 from the campaign. I got ~900 in 3 days.

Dark Souls - Once you get the hang of it, superb game! Not too difficult achievements either. Especially since you can trade to get some of the more grindy achievements.

Fallout (either one) - Fun, easy achievements. One of my favs in this generation.

Beowulf - Hear me out... I know a lot of people detest this game, however! It's not that bad, really. I found it to be fun, for what it was. And the achievements = super easy. The hardest difficulty is a joke, really. Easy 1k.

Dragon's Dogma - This game rocks, and after one play through I ended up with 795 GS.

Lord of the Rings Conquest - Again, if you're a completionist, you'll want to stay away as this game can no longer be completed (servers went bye bye). But the single player I found enjoyable, and an easy 6XX GS.

Definitely Far Cry 3

It wasn't too easy or too hard, it is an amazing game regardless of the achievements. The co op missions can be a bit repetitive but other than that the achievements are all enjoyable to get

Wow I forgot about Far Cry 3. The achievements aren't bad at all and even though I don't have them all yet.. I have some of them and collecting them isn't bad at all.

Terminator: Salvation

this is an easy 1k. all you have to do is complete the campaign on the hardest difficulty(easier than it sounds, just take cover when needed).

Surf's Up

another easy 1k! i found this since its the only surfing game for 360. should only take an afternoon or two.

Terminator: Salvation

this is an easy 1k. all you have to do is complete the campaign on the hardest difficulty(easier than it sounds, just take cover when needed).

Surf's Up

another easy 1k! i found this since its the only surfing game for 360. should only take an afternoon or two.

Surf's Up is easy for achievements, yes. But it's definitely not a fun game unless you are 10.

Terminator: Salvation sounds really easy. 80G a mission? Yes please.

• 3 weeks later...