Bleach - Anime and Manga

Ninja x360a

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode 269 was just pure epicness. *faints*

Funny enough, I remember being really dissapointed with Ulquiorra's release last year when it was shown in the manga. I just didn't like it that much. Then two chapters later...oh boy. :eek: ;)

They did a good job with it in the anime, however. :)

We are one or two episodes away from even more epicness, people. :p

True that! I am no longer disappointed with a certain Espada's something. Oh, and I started reading the manga from last nights episode, and woah...

(no spoilers for those who haven't seen how the battle ends)

And it is great. Didn't think they were going to make it this far in one episode.
Well a Bleach manga is 1/2 or even 1/3 of an anime episode I think. haha :p

Well a Bleach manga is 1/2 or even 1/3 of an anime episode I think. haha :p

true, but typically they add in weird filler like renji and chad fighting that giant guy or uryu fighting yammy. i figured they would do something to prolong the fight.

I've been out of it for a while, but last I read was when that one little girl with skull on her head (green hair I think) was revealed to be a hot chick. It was in the hueco mundo i think. What chapter was that? I wanna start back up again.

Also, is the anime worth watching even with all that filler? That's when I stopped watching (the count series) and i just stuck with the manga.

@ Ruflo: I think that might be from chapter 290.

So, episode 271 is out. Very, very good episode. Animation is some of the best I have seen in Bleach. They extended the scenes from the manga to make the fight last longer, which was good.

Ichigo is really something else, eh? I think we just found a VL. ;)

But they censored Uryuu and getting his hand cut off. :/ It's nothing too bad but there are some decapitations in the next arc. I hope they don't censor Barragan vs Soifon...amongst the other things....

@ Ruflo: I think that might be from chapter 290.

So, episode 271 is out. Very, very good episode. Animation is some of the best I have seen in Bleach. They extended the scenes from the manga to make the fight last longer, which was good.

Ichigo is really something else, eh? I think we just found a VL. ;)

But they censored Uryuu and getting his hand cut off. :/ It's nothing too bad but there are some decapitations in the next arc. I hope they don't censor Barragan vs Soifon...amongst the other things....

^They most likely will, I believe from what I've heard the reason they bother censoring the anime is due to the fact that it now airs during an earlier timeslot than it originally did so any limbs or what not being cut off have to be removed. For example, Rangiku's injury from Ayon was dumbed down a lot...what can we expect from Ichimaru vs. Hiyori? I expect a lot of off-screen showing there...in fact they did censoring for Harribel's fraccion when creating Ayon in the first place!

Ah, I was searching for a Bleach topic...this is my favorite series (manga and anime) with Naruto following afterwards (hold on, my son's switching through music channels...okay that's over with). Personally I like going back and watching the anime episodes simply because animated fights look a lot better than those shown in manga (half the time I honestly don't understand what actions are being made, half of a scene can be covered in a bright flash and apparently 50 attacks are being made...o_O I'm referring to the most recent chapter, with Gin using his special Bankai ability and apparently the move is projecting various blade attacks but it looks like a bright energy blast to me).

As far as characters go, they're all very well written and of course I'm a Grimmjow-fanboy when it comes down to it. I swear lately I've been having dreams of his return, of course following the ol' Vegeta path (anti-hero and what not). I also noticed somewhere earlier in the topic about Kisuke turning into the main villian, which I've been waiting for since the beginning. Though the more time that passes I'm losing hope...just like with Grimmjow's re-arrival...

Also this whole "Decide" chapter spreading into 6 parts now, is it ever going to get another name? .__. I'm waiting for next week's chapter to be "Decide 7" and then "Decide 8" before that new Arc begins.

Goodness me, it seems I lost track of this thread over the last couple of days. :p

Punisher, I like Grimmjow a lot but it seems he's become obsolete. I think it was implied that he's alive, but just laying there...in Hueco Mundo for like two years now, lol.

Even if he does come back what will he do? We've seen his flashback, know his motivations etc. If anything, it will be purely down to fan service bringing him back. His character has been done justice. Also, him becoming a good guy would go against his personality imo.

If anything, Stark seems likely to come back as a good guy, although he was never bad in the first place, was he? He just wanted to sleep. :p

The simple fact is, as badass as Grimmjow was, he's didn't seem as interesting or as badass once Ulquiorra, Stark, Barragan and Nnoitra began their battles. But maybe that's just my personal taste. :p

And I agree that Bleach has great characters. It's a shame that Kubo is quite a flawed writer when it comes to pacing and logic of his story.

While it is true that his flashbacks appeared to close his story, it could also open up a whole new chapter for him. I still think (IMO at least) that what Shao Long said to Grimmjow holds some sort of significance towards his character...in the sense that "he could keep expanding beyond that of the other hollows, that he was destined to be a Vasto Lorde". Several references within side the show/manga even claimed that there were Vasto Lordes already within Los Nachos (mmm, sorry...x.x I'm hungry), so it's possible that everyone 4 and up were already Lordes.

But regardless, I wasn't comfertable to how his expressions were shown...they seemed to bleed more out of his character (whenever Ichigo stabs him at the end of their battle and while he's trying to fight Ichigo again later) that perhaps he was starting to have some sort of realization of what he had become, wanting to be King with no followers since he neglected those who had appointed him their ruler. I always felt it would have been amazing if Orihime healed him and he gathered the hollows, with knowledge that they were no more than pawns to be used at Aizen's disposal, in a revolt against Aizen. Or perhaps he could become the new King of Huenco Mundo? I doubt Aizen has anything more to do with the hollows, considering he's all "Nobody'ed Up" (Kingdom Hearts II)...at least close it with him being alive, that's all I care about.

Then again, if they could bring him back as a potentially growing character...perhaps adopting a second form like Ulquoirra had, then I'd be happy. IMO Grimmjow's badassery as a good guy would be simply like Vegeta; he'd care less about most people yet always want a fight with Ichigo (like Goku for Vegeta) but accepts him as an ally to fight a greater enemy. He treats everybody else like crap, including Ichigo...has a "Like I give a crap" attitude whenever somebody comes to him with problems...and show very little emotion while everybody else is tearing up over something. I also want to see that coldhearted murder he could do to his enemies...and everybody else is like "Wow...can we really trust this guy?" and then he just kind of smirks at everybody after blasting somebody to pieces, saying "What? I was getting tired of his crap!".

If Grimmjow is the Vegeta of Bleach, then Yammy is the Nappa. lmao. XD

@ Punisher

It would be cool if Grimmjow come back and get an extra powerup, but even then the thought of that is doubtful. If anything, a second release is sounds interesting. He can't turn into a Lorde as the evolution of a hollow stops once they become Arrancar, if I'm correct.

Also, it must be known to everyone here that Aizen is a racist. I'm serious. He left Zommari (pumpkin Espada) to get killed by a Captain that follows white pride (Byakuya), didn't give a shit about a brotha that couldn't see shit (Tousen), and treats Yoruichi and Halibel (hmm...boobies XD) like crap.

And to those that are up to date with the manga, Aizen now looks like he dons a white costume.

Aizen = KKK member. :0

His new look is cool, but the summaries for the chapter when he first was shown like that (before it was fully translated and updated) just looked weird...they made the form out to be extremely grotesque and in my opinion, it really isn't that "nasty". Like seriously every description was that the transformation was so hideous and terrible looking (in a monsterous way)...but honestly he looks like a "Perfected Being" IMO. Ya know, like those genderless guys in other media with no mouth or nose, usually bald and of course having nothing down south...cept he's a cooler looking version with kind of a weird shaped head and the whole cloak thing.

IMO right now he looks like a Nobody version of a member of Organization XIII from the Kingdom Hearts series. All white, cloaked out...black eyes (may change color later, I'm sure he's going to be on the cover of an upcoming volume).

Apparently the arc that is going on now is supposed to end this month (or the start of June). So these "Decide" chapters should be coming to a halt soon enough and if Aizen remains the main enemy, I am most certain he will keep evolving. So far the only abilities we have noticed from this new form is an amazing increase in speed and strength (as well as flexability, he blocked Isshin's blow with a foot backwards!)...there's got to more to it than just that, at least there should be...if Tite ends this here and now...what to expect in the coming months with this mini-arc (which I've heard is about Isshin)?

BTW regarding the anime, how much longer until another filler do you guys think? Our first official filler arc came with the Bounts and that didn't pick up until after 60+ episodes of Bleach had been done. Then again, they hadn't caught up to Kubo until that point...so that spread up until episode 110 I believe? The Arrancar and Huenco Mundo Arc went on until episode 167 and went into the Captain Amagai arc. That was only about 20 something episodes...then picked up, went for a little bit before jumping into TWO filler arcs (and now we're finally back to the story, ending with Ulquoirra's fight here).

My guess is they'll jump into the next filler just about the time all the Espada have fallen (after Aizen decides its over and starts fighting himself). Then again, there is A LOT of content that has happened since that point...but is there enough to prevent a filler from appearing? I do not believe they'll cut into filler before the Vizards and Wonderweiss arrive...if they do that would be stupid on their part considering not a ton has happened yet.

Anyways, I'm looking at a...episode 320 or 330 debute for a new filler arc...maybe sooner.

@ Punisher:

The Arrancar arc in the manga is coming to an end soon, by early June at best. Kubo still refers to the arc as "Arrancar" for some reason. He actaully said that he intended to do a flashback arc for Isshin somewhere down the line. The next will be a small one and the one after that will be the last, big arc of the series. Then Kubo should start rapping up the series and move on to other projects.

As for Aizen, he could be on his way out soon as a villain, and I honestly believe that. He seems to be going towards the 'self-destruction' route as of late in the manga, which I won't go into too much detail for non-manga readers.

But he's probably the best Shonen villain right now. No one is more badass than Aizen; he makes Bleach that much more special IMO. But it's very common in Shonen manga/anime that new villains appear. Look at DBZ and Naruto for examples.

As for filler, it will most definitely return by August I believe. The new opening suggests that they will cover enough content until the Kenpachi/Byakuya fight with Nappa in Hueco Mundo. :p

Edit: new bleach volume out in Japan. :eek: :eek:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2jc7y93.jpg

Edited by Takamura Bear

Ooooh, they finally got him on a cover! I can say that the next volume will most likely have Aizen's "new form" on the cover. As for whether or not they keep Aizen...he is truly the most interesting at the moment but you're right on that self-destructive path. The thing about power is that it always seems great at first...then it starts to warp their mind and at the end of the day...he'll probably be deranged.

Also it seems like since fusing with the device, that he probably won't return to his normal form...was he really accepting to give up everything to look like this? I guess when someone desires power, they'll throw away their lives for it...

I tell you one thing, Kubo better not ditch the Spirit King idea that originally started this whole war. Aizen was supposed to take out the town, make the Oken and make his way to kill the King...this last arc better involve the King and Hell too, I want to see Hell come back from the depths of oblivion (it hasn't been around since Shrieker in the very first few chapters!).

The next cover will probably feature Isshin or Ichigo in his hollow mask form XD.

As for the Spirit King, I don't think it was ever stated that Aizen actually wants to kill the king, that was just Soul Society's theory. Knowing the way Kubo does his plot twists, I wouldn't be suprised if Aizen's plan for the king is not what we actually expect it to be.

Funny enough, when Ichigo was training with the Vizards to battle his inner-hollow, he referred to Ichigo as "King". A couple of episodes later, we learn about Aizen's plan. A coincidence or clever hint from Kubo that Ichigo and his world has something to with this?

Remember what Aizen said: "From the begining, no one stood atop the heavens". What that means is that the king was never really on his throne in the first place. We don't even know if he is a fighter or even that powerful. One of the biggest mysteries of the series.

For all we know, he could be a character we've already seen. I have my ideas of who it might be, but I won't share that just now. A character we haven't seen in a long time. ;)