What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

Sgt Scyther

What is your favorite Resident Evil game?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Resident Evil game?

• Resident Evil (Original)
    • Resident Evil 0
    • Resident Evil (Remake)
    • Reisdnet Evil 2
    • Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    • Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    • Resident Evil 4
    • Resident Evil 5
    • Other

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far the first Resident Evil is my favorite.

I remember going up to Funcoland everyday when they got their shipments in waiting for it to be released. I can't even remember how often it kept getting pushed back, this was before games had release dates on every Tuesday (US) My friend that worked there, my brother and I were super psyched once we got it.

I would always get into arguments with friends over which one was the best, but realized it was generally always the first RE game they played that's their favorite, fortunately I was able to get the first one on release while the majority of people I know got into RE when they released the second one.

To me the whole creepy mansion was just awesome, it seemed way scarier than most of the environments/areas in other RE games.

Edit: I should also give Resident Evil remake an honorable mention since it was almost as amazing as playing the original for the first time, and the graphics still stand up to this day compared to the original.

Had posted this in the Collectors Thread in the General section, but heres my collection of RE games (except not pictured my PS1 RE games, RE0 and OutBreak 1 & 2) and then obviously the PSN downloads and Code Veronica/RE4 for GoD.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/altruismisdead/SDC11179.jpg

Resident Evil 4 special edition... I am jealous....

Resident Evil 4 special edition... I am jealous....

Honestly it's nothing much to be jealous about, I believe it was amongst one of the first "Special Edition" games to be released, before everything had a special edition for it. So it's not going to have anything too good in it.

All that it is, is a metal tin, a laser cell/lithograph picture of Leon and a small RE prologue that gives a small history of each of the RE games.

OT: Anyways, it seems like all my friends that have played RE pretty much agree that normally the first RE game you play is generally your favorite, and for some odd reason even though RE4 & 5 were good games, they just weren't either scary, or with the change of gameplay, never quite felt like RE games but more or less action suspense games.

That and it seems ever since RE4 came out, the rise in Resident Evil experts has increased. Especially when I browse the forums and see people being called "noobs" for wanting infinite ammo, hell I remember blasting my way through the first RE just so I could get the rocket launcher with infinite ammo. To me it just made going through the game again more fun.

OT: Anyways, it seems like all my friends that have played RE pretty much agree that normally the first RE game you play is generally your favorite, and for some odd reason even though RE4 & 5 were good games, they just weren't either scary, or with the change of gameplay, never quite felt like RE games but more or less action suspense games.

That and it seems ever since RE4 came out, the rise in Resident Evil experts has increased. Especially when I browse the forums and see people being called "noobs" for wanting infinite ammo, hell I remember blasting my way through the first RE just so I could get the rocket launcher with infinite ammo. To me it just made going through the game again more fun.

RE4 wasn't scary? You weren't freaked out by the Regenerators, U3, or when Verdugo starts to chase you in the sewers? You have no fear my friend.

I do agree though that going through the game again with infinite ammo or really good weapons is fun. That's the only reason I'm even trying to beat professional on RE4 right now, so I can get the P.R.L. 412 and use it on my completed Normal playthrough to breeze through, and eventually save enough money to get the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcher.

RE5 was super fun I thought with infinite ammo. Especially with the M500. Just KABOOM and down they go! It's pretty satisfying, especially when you get to those parts that were extremely difficult and being able to just say "screw you" and oust them in one shot.

RE4 wasn't scary? You weren't freaked out by the Regenerators, U3, or when Verdugo starts to chase you in the sewers? You have no fear my friend.

I do agree though that going through the game again with infinite ammo or really good weapons is fun. That's the only reason I'm even trying to beat professional on RE4 right now, so I can get the P.R.L. 412 and use it on my completed Normal playthrough to breeze through, and eventually save enough money to get the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcher.

RE5 was super fun I thought with infinite ammo. Especially with the M500. Just KABOOM and down they go! It's pretty satisfying, especially when you get to those parts that were extremely difficult and being able to just say "screw you" and oust them in one shot.

Unfortunately I didn't find it scary at all :( I guess the only couple of parts that I can recall from first playing it that creeped me out was the parts towards the end. Can't remember exactly, but it was the area with some prison cells and a regenerator. You open up the this dumpster and there is basically a body bad inside that starts wiggling. Then since you reminded me the part with Verdugo was pretty creepy.

But I never really had the same feeling of "ah crap, I only have 6 bullets left, I really don't want to go around the corner..." like previous RE games made me feel.

Also environments have a lot to do with it. Games like Dead Space don't scare me at all, just because I am not really into outerspace/spaceship/sci-fi. To me I couldn't really "get into" and immerse myself into that type of fiction. Then same with Dead Space and RE4, you never really feel like you run out of ammo and have to really conserve it (until you're finished with a boss fight) and there really isn't any penalty for dying. But with just playing RE4 on 360 it honestly didn't scare me or creep me out playing through it this last time around. Wow... talk about a long explanation! :p

But I completely agree, the infinite ammo is awesome on both RE games. And playing Co-op on 5 was hella fun. Still the best was RE4 on the Wii with the Chicago Typewriter, sure it didn't have to reload, was automatic and super powerful, but something about that gun just makes it extremely fun to use.

But I completely agree, the infinite ammo is awesome on both RE games. And playing Co-op on 5 was hella fun.

I still find infinite ammo so much fun on RE games and wish more had it. Not for actually completing the games but for future playthroughs.

As much as I found the CT and Handcannon fun, I really just wanted infinite ammo for the normal weapons to enjoy shooting the hell out of bad guys with the TMP or the Riot Gun fully upgraded and not a care in the world.

I loved the infinite ammo option in RE5 (though carrying it over to the next difficulty seemed cheap) and I remember playing the mercenaries game in RE3 for the infinite ammo options just to have loads more fun capping zombies in the head, ditto for RE2's infinite SMG, Minigun and Launcher.

never managed to get the infinite launcher in RE1, missed out by about 4 minutes and never even tried in CVX.

By far the first Resident Evil is my favorite.

I remember going up to Funcoland everyday when they got their shipments in waiting for it to be released. I can't even remember how often it kept getting pushed back, this was before games had release dates on every Tuesday (US) My friend that worked there, my brother and I were super psyched once we got it.

I would always get into arguments with friends over which one was the best, but realized it was generally always the first RE game they played that's their favorite, fortunately I was able to get the first one on release while the majority of people I know got into RE when they released the second one.

To me the whole creepy mansion was just awesome, it seemed way scarier than most of the environments/areas in other RE games.

Edit: I should also give Resident Evil remake an honorable mention since it was almost as amazing as playing the original for the first time, and the graphics still stand up to this day compared to the original.

Had posted this in the Collectors Thread in the General section, but heres my collection of RE games (except not pictured my PS1 RE games, RE0 and OutBreak 1 & 2) and then obviously the PSN downloads and Code Veronica/RE4 for GoD.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/altruismisdead/SDC11179.jpg

I don't know which region you live in, but my God, the covers for the two Resident Evil 4-games sure were ugly as hell. The covers for the game where I live (Sweden) are two of my favourite ones of all time:

http://www.bakane.net/thairesidentevil/re4/re4wii_pal.jpg

http://gen14.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/resident_evil4_ngc_cover.jpg

Might just be me, thou.

Resident Evil 2 FTW!

It was the first game I got together with the original PlayStation and I still think it was the best in the series! I loved the fact that you had to play through the game twice to get the full story from two different perspectives (Leon and Claire), playing the first half as Leon and the second half as Claire and then start again, but the other way round.

Oh, the memories...

Resi2 all day, every day. Genius game. I will however give significant props to the original (Cube version is better IMO) and Resi4 for it's innovation. I still can't believe CV has no votes...that game doesn't get enough credit. Resi5 is the worst one on this list by far, followed by Resi0. Resi5 was fun but NOT a good RE game. Resi3 was good too but gets forgotten.

I don't know which region you live in, but my God, the covers for the two Resident Evil 4-games sure were ugly as hell. The covers for the game where I live (Sweden) are two of my favourite ones of all time:

http://www.bakane.net/thairesidentevil/re4/re4wii_pal.jpg

http://gen14.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/resident_evil4_ngc_cover.jpg

Might just be me, thou.

wow, never seen these, and i like them a LOT.

I'd say Nemesis for the sheer fun of being Jill with a huge B.O.W chasing you around the undead city, the fact that he can follow you ANYWHERE gets me every time.

Also, TC you made a typo with Resident Evil 2's name. ^^

this actually happens in RE2 scenario B too. a monster/creature called MR. X drops from the sky the same way as nemesis and chases the character through that scenario of the game. he looks very very similar minus the whole arm grabbing mutation thing. he also drops items the same way as nemesis does when you defeat him if i can remember it correctly. now that i think about it scenerio b of RE2 paved RE3's way in a huge huge way.