"Where's My Cape?" Achievement

Dristoid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read elsewhere that the game has 190 extra clusters so you wouldn't need to obtain every single one for the achievement. This means I have all the upgrades but no achievement. Someone mark this one down as glitchy. :(

I put it my guide (which is in notepad right now)

Thanks for pointing this out, I will be keeping my eye on this achievement and will proceed with caution.

I pointed this out in the achievement discussion thread. I'd like to add that I even went back to a previous save to unlock the final three shield upgrades and still did not unlock the achievement. I have 190 clusters remaining and 99% completion on the game.

I returned it today, it's not worth keeping it from Redbox if I can't even complete it within another day.

I notice neither of you finished all challenges. As pointed out above, you gain some powers from doing these I believe. Finish them all then see if it pops. All being well, I think you'll find it will. If not, then I can only suggest collecting the rest of the data clusters or indeed, chalking it up to another glitch this game has.

I notice neither of you finished all challenges. As pointed out above, you gain some powers from doing these I believe. Finish them all then see if it pops. All being well, I think you'll find it will. If not, then I can only suggest collecting the rest of the data clusters or indeed, chalking it up to another glitch this game has.

I'm almost done with all the challenges now, and none of the ones I don't have done display any upgrade rewards. I guess I'll just have to try this again in another playthrough.

I'm almost done with all the challenges now, and none of the ones I don't have done display any upgrade rewards. I guess I'll just have to try this again in another playthrough.

Just a thought really. If you're going for the full 1000, you'll know soon if the challenges unlock any hidden powers or anything. If not, a glitch indeed and a nasty one at that.

Just one other thing to ask. Did you play offline before the day 1 patch? I just read that someone on ps3trophies hit the glitch too but he started playing the game early.

Edited by ponypo2001

Just a thought really. If you're going for the full 1000, you'll know soon if the challenges unlock any hidden powers or anything. If not, a glitch indeed and a nasty one at that.

Just one other thing to ask. Did you play offline before the day 1 patch? I just read that someone on ps3trophies hit the glitch too but he started playing the game early.

No, I got the game on release, but the patch was already out before I even started up the game and I downloaded it before I began playing. I can't get the full 1000 either because of the stupid age restriction on the achievement to upload your character. :mad:

Edited by Dristoid

I pointed this out in the achievement discussion thread. I'd like to add that I even went back to a previous save to unlock the final three shield upgrades and still did not unlock the achievement. I have 190 clusters remaining and 99% completion on the game.

I returned it today, it's not worth keeping it from Redbox if I can't even complete it within another day.

I'm missing five of the challenges, only challenges that are related to activities award power upgrades. Look for the free-roam completion achievement instead of all the challenges.

I started after the patch as well, same issue. I won't be able to test anything. I returned the game. :/

Edited by Yin

Sup guys, PS3 guy here having the same problem...

I can tell you that the challenges do not effect this as I have completed all challenges and still no luck.

I think I narrowed it down to the Buff element though.

This is how my Active Powers currently look...

Blast = 9 Upgrades - 2 with different effects per element (Damage & Explosive Deaths)

Telekinesis = 12 Upgrades - 3 with different effects per element (Hold Cast & Power Up 1&2)

Stomp = 9 Upgrades - 2 with different effects per elements (Damage & Duration)

Buff = 8 Upgrades - 1 with different effect per elements (Team player)

Notice Buff has one less then the average for both categories.

Believe somewhere a mission was suppose to unlock a new Buff upgrade for us

and it never did, maybe the last mission...

Sadly you can not reply missions to try and fix this.

Sup guys, PS3 guy here having the same problem...

I can tell you that the challenges do not effect this as I have completed all challenges and still no luck.

I think I narrowed it down to the Buff element though.

This is how my Active Powers currently look...

Blast = 9 Upgrades - 2 with different effects per element (Damage & Explosive Deaths)

Telekinesis = 12 Upgrades - 3 with different effects per element (Hold Cast & Power Up 1&2)

Stomp = 9 Upgrades - 2 with different effects per elements (Damage & Duration)

Buff = 8 Upgrades - 1 with different effect per elements (Team player)

Notice Buff has one less then the average for both categories.

Believe somewhere a mission was suppose to unlock a new Buff upgrade for us

and it never did, maybe the last mission...

Sadly you can not reply missions to try and fix this.

Thanks for the tip, I'm currently going through another playthrough and I'll report back here if it happens to unlock.

For what it's worth, I got the cheevo before getting all challenges. I'm not sure which are or aren't necessary, but I had already completed every activity to bronze and did all of the target areas(no co-op areas though), stores, and side-missions.

I got it as soon as I upgraded the divebomb thing so that it has the nuke bonus.

I've done all the challenges and everything except the 40 hour achievement, I have bought everything and have 190 clusters left but no achievement. I got disconnected from live once and got the both sexes achievement after the patch so I have no idea what's going on with this achievement. Frustrating to say the least!

unlocked just fine for me right now, after doing the The Kinzie Gambit quest I bought the 3 supression upgrades for the shield and got it.

I also got the achievement AFTER buying the last 3 shield upgrades after the kinzie mission. I have 190 clusters left over, and I DO NOT have all the abilities unlocked from the challenges. I DO still have abilities that are locked. Obviously ALL of these are not required, BUT some may be. Which works for me because I wasnt going to go through and get all the golds anyway.

Good news people, I have solved this. I got hit by the glitch so decided to do some work. Do EXACTLY as I write below and you will 100% get the achievement. I will also explain why it glitches. Firstly, the bad news. You need a save before the "Betrayed" mission and I'd also advise not having done Gat's loyalty mission and not collected all the data clusters. Ok, if you have a save before all that, load it up and do the following :-

1 - Do all of Gat's side missions, heck do everyone's side missions and loyalty missions to make sure.

2 - Once they are all clear, collect all the data clusters.

3 - Do the story missions up to and including "Betrayed".

4 - After that mission, you will have more new powers to unlock than if you tried to max them out before. Purchase them and enjoy your super glitchy achievement.

You see, if you try and purchase all the powers early, you're fucked. If you wait till later as posted above, you will gain access to 3-4 more powers than if you try earlier. This is the cause of the glitch.

Please can more people try these steps and confirm for me please. Just to clarify, I hit the glitch but was able to recover by loading a prior save and doing exactly as above.

Phew, hope this works for others!

EDIT :- Almost forgot, I still have one locked power to unlock for the fight clubs but this achievement only requires the power upgrades that you spend clusters on.

Edited by ponypo2001