The darkness 2

ReadThySin1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The big question is will the story be good? I know the first was taken directly from the comics, but IDK about this one. I hope it actually explains what happened at the end of the first one. SPIOLER!!!

It looked like the darkness had completely taken him over, so how/why is he fine now? Did the darkness decide it didn't need him now? WTF does it want it the first place?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it will be a good game, but I hope they don't use MP achievements (I usually am a fan of them in games that will have a community playing them after 3 months). I was quite disappointed in not being able to find a single game, and as I don't really agree with boosting (you're not achieving much except a pointless number that way, now are you?) I fear they will put more in and with too many great games coming out within the next 6 months, I might end up getting it too late to have a chance.

Loved the first game for its SP though, and quad wielding has to be awesome, so will still look forward to playing through the campaign at some point.

• 1 month later...
anyone else agree that this sequel is going to be a good if not better game than the first?

Well so far I've REALLY enjoyed all of the things that Digital Extremes has done to the game such as the cel shaded graphics, the AWESOME looking improved upon combat and darkness powers, etc. As long as its as good as the 1st one I'll have no problem with it and again, everything I've seen so far looks like an improvement from the 1st which is what a sequel should be/do. I think Digital Extremes will do it justice.

I really want this to be good. Paul Jenkins is writing the story again, and Mike Patton is back voicing the Darkness. That helps, but it is a different developer.

I've been waiting 4 years for this. I don't want it to suck.

This is usually the first thing that raises alarm bells for me when it comes to sequels changing development teams. Regardless of vocal talent, story writers and the like, a completely different developer usually results in the game itself not being quite as good as the previous one.

Hey, look at Treyarch...

I really don't understand why people love cel shading so much. I really don't like it at all, especially for action games. It gives such a childish cartoon-y feel. That's the main thing which makes me feel like this game won't be as good as the first. The first game did an amazing job with the mood and atmosphere. Everything felt so dark and evil and awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I want the sequel to be just as good if not better, but from the trailer it didn't look like it, and I'm basing that mainly on the graphic style. I have hated cel shading ever since the Legend of Zelda series switched to it. I don't get why people would ever prefer that style of graphics. It just looks worse in every way to me.

• 1 month later...
I really don't understand why people love cel shading so much. I really don't like it at all, especially for action games. It gives such a childish cartoon-y feel. That's the main thing which makes me feel like this game won't be as good as the first. The first game did an amazing job with the mood and atmosphere. Everything felt so dark and evil and awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I want the sequel to be just as good if not better, but from the trailer it didn't look like it, and I'm basing that mainly on the graphic style. I have hated cel shading ever since the Legend of Zelda series switched to it. I don't get why people would ever prefer that style of graphics. It just looks worse in every way to me.

It has its place. I do prefer the first games graphics since it felt more natural for the style they were going with. I'm willing it give it the benefit of the doubt though. The demo helped with that.

Also, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker is an amazing game. I liked it more than the more realistic looking Twilight Princess. Don't write it off because of the style. I would give it a shot.

I don't find anything childish about (SPOILER)

Link jumping into the air and impaling his sword into Ganon's head.

The big question is will the story be good? I know the first was taken directly from the comics, but IDK about this one. I hope it actually explains what happened at the end of the first one. SPIOLER!!!

It looked like the darkness had completely taken him over, so how/why is he fine now? Did the darkness decide it didn't need him now? WTF does it want it the first place?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubB29XjhTy0]The Darkness II: What is the Darkness? (Story Recap) - YouTube[/ame]

here's a decent video that explains abit about the darkness and the story. i am looking forward to how this turns out

I think it fits the game well, since it IS based off a comic book

I really want this to be good. Paul Jenkins is writing the story again, and Mike Patton is back voicing the Darkness. That helps, but it is a different developer.

I've been waiting 4 years for this. I don't want it to suck.

I'm with you but a couple things i'm worried about is the more linear gameplay, gun executions are gone and as you mentioned the developers have changed.

All said the demo was pretty friggin cool though. I would've liked to see the gun executions return but oh well.

I just hope they keep multi-player out of this game. The first game had such an epic single-player campaign. Truly conveyed the sense that you were a badass.
Yeah but the first game had multiplayer. No reason they couldn't have it in this one and still have just as good single player game as the first one.

That beeing said i could care less about mp in the darkness. The sp is where it's at for me. Would be pretty cool to rip people in half with demon arms in mp though :D