Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Party > Rio
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
heatlight

heatlight's Gamercard
Achievement Guide & Roadmap

My first achievement guide! Hope it helps someone out. :-)

Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
Offline: 50 (1000)
Online: 0 (0)
Approximate amount of time to 1000 : 5-10 hours
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: Multiple
Number of missable achievements: 0
Glitched achievements: None!
Cheats disable achievements: No Cheats
Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes (Hard required for Gold Medals)

Introduction

Welcome to Rio! This game has 50 achievements worth a total of 1000 . For the most part, this is a ridiculously easy completion, but turns into a bit of a grind towards the end. Hopefully this Roadmap will show you the quickest route to the full 1000.

Preparation:

Most of the achievements in this game are very easy, but there are a couple which take a long time to get. It's worth taking a note of these achievements beforehand to save you a bit of time later. These are Bullyguard, Chilli Crasher, Marathon Session and Super Shocker. Go check out details on them first. You'll be wanting to work on those four whilst you do everything else in the game. While you're looking, grab another three controllers. They'll come in handy.

1. Story Mode:

Lets jump straight into Story Mode. You can either do this on Easy difficulty, or with four controllers. I recommend playing on Easy, it's a bit more fun and not at all difficult. Make sure to win every game as you play, if you look like you might lose, press start, quit to the main menu, and resume your game. You'll start right back where you left off. Upon completion of this mode, you'll unlock Happily Ever After, Story Superstar, Mega Multiplier, A Good Start, and Super Powers, as well as a number of the 'Compete all Minigames' and 'Come 1st in all Minigames' achievements.

2. Quiz Mode / Gold Medals:

Next up we'll be knocking out the Gold Medal achievements, whilst also doing a few other achievements. Change the difficulty to Hard (this is the only way to get Gold Medals) and play Party Mode Team Quiz. Select all the characters as Human players, and jump into the first game. As you are the only player playing, you should have no trouble winning the game. With just a few seconds left on the clock, press the Back button on one of the controllers. This will put a computer player in charge of that player. Obviously he won't be able to catch you, so you'll still win. You must have a Computer controlled player in play at the end of the game for the Gold Medal to register.

After each game you'll have a couple of quiz quiestions. Answer them using this thread
When you come back out to the main menu, switch to Party Mode VS Quiz and repeat with the remaining 39 games, (making sure to play as different characters to unlock Fancy Dress). After completing every one you will unlock all the rest of the 'Played All Minigames' and 'Come 1st in All Minigames' achievements, as well as Party Perfection, Collectathon, Multiplayer Master, Team Player, Quiz Champion, Movie Mogul, and Brazilian Brains.

3. Remaining Game Modes:

You'll only have a few Game modes left to do now. Play Garland Gala on all three levels to unlock Garland Gala Novice, Garland Gala Pro and Garland Gala Guru. Play Carnaval Dance in both modes to unlock Follow The Leader and Crazy Challenger. Play Carnaval Wheel, making sure to score over 700 points to unlock Wheel Winner and Star Spinner. Doing these game modes will also net you Born Winner.

4. The Grind:

That's pretty much it. You're now condemned to playing Super Mud Ball over and over until you get the last few achievements. Keep playing quick games until you've got past 200 games to unlock Untouchable, and then finally you can just play one game just running around collecting power ups. Eventually you'll get Bullyguard, Chilli Crasher, Marathon Session and Super Shocker and complete the game. Congratulations!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
heatlight

heatlight's Gamercard
Copacabana Champion 25
Came 1st in all Copacabana Beach minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Market Mentor 25
Came 1st in all Fruit Market minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Garage Guru 25
Came 1st in all Luiz Garage minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Aviary Ace 25
Came 1st in all Aviary minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Warehouse Winner 25
Came 1st in all Smuggler's Warehouse minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Corcovado Captain 25
Came 1st in all Corcovado minigames.

Happily Ever After 30
Completed Story Mode.

See Story Superstar

Story Superstar 60
Completed Story Mode, coming 1st in each minigame.

Play Story Mode on Easy difficulty. There are thirty minigames in all, all in groups of three. If you look like you might fail one, quit to the main menu and continue your game. You'll rejoin at the start of that group of three.

VS Veteran 20
Came 1st in a VS mode game.

Simply play a game in Party Mode VS. This will unlock at the end of the game.

Carnaval King 25
Came 1st in all Carnaval minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Bullyguard 50
Stunned 50 players with the bodyguard power-up.

The Bodyguard power-up is the red and yellow shield. It creates a circle of birds around your character. Run into another player to stun them. Repeat 50 times.

Party Perfection 50
Completed all games to gold standard in Party Mode.

Play all games in Party Mode with four controllers. You must have the difficulty set to Hard to get gold medals. Get yourself a big lead, and then a few seconds from the end, press the Back button on one controller to replace a human character with a Computer-controlled character. He won't be able to overtake you, and you'll win the game. You must have at least one Computer-controlled character in play at the end of the minigame for the gold medal to register.

Street Star 25
Came 1st in all Rio Streets minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Rare Specimen 10
Played all Aviary minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Jailbird 10
Played all Smuggler's Warehouse minigames.

See Party Perfection.

High Flyer 10
Played all Corcovado minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Gone Native 10
Played all Rainforest minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Snowplow 10
Played all Moose Lake minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Urban Myth 10
Played all Rio Streets minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Carnaval Spirit 10
Played all Carnaval minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Forest Fanatic 25
Came 1st in all Rainforest minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Moose Lake Master 25
Came 1st in all Moose Lake minigames

See Party Perfection.

Beach Bum 10
Played all Copacabana Beach minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Market Trader 10
Played all Fruit Market minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Grease Monkey 10
Played all Luiz Garage minigames.

See Party Perfection.

Collectathon 15
Collected 1000 items.

This will come during natural progression off the game. If you're following my Roadmap, mine unlocked during the Gold Medal stage of the game.

Chilli Crasher 10
Stunned 100 players whilst under the effect of chilli.

Probably the least time-consuming of the item achievements. Grab a chilli, and then run around bumping into players. You can easily hit each player twice, sometimes three times per chilli, so you should be looking at 8-10 hits each time.

Mega Multiplier 10
Raised the standard game multiplier to x3.

Unlocked in the very first game for me. I assume it's for getting two X2 power ups in a row.

A Good Start 5
Came 1st in a total of 10 minigames.

See Untouchable .

Born Winner 10
Came 1st in a total of 100 minigames.

See Untouchable.

Untouchable 30
Came 1st in a total of 200 minigames.

After following the Roadmap detailed above, you'll probably be past 100 games, on your way to 200. Although other games may be quicker, I recommend repeated plays on Super Mudball, as you can work on other item-based achievements and Marathon while you're doing it.

Fancy Dress 5
Played as all playable characters.

Just select each of the six characters to play at least one game in. Unlocks after you select the sixth.

Multiplayer Master 5
Won a game in any mode against 3 human players.

Easy, just finish a multiplayer game with four controllers. If you're pressing the back button to pull a player out (as detailed in Party Perfection, it won't work, you need to have all human players active at the end of the game.

Star Spinner 30
Scored over 700 points in a Carnaval Wheel game.

This is easy enough if playing with four controllers. The best time to use your Jokers (for double points) is when there are big scores around the top area of the spinner. If you stop the power bar close to the centre, the needle will move a maximum of two spaces, so you can guarantee a reasonable result.

Marathon Session 30
Ran 26 miles.

Probably the last achievement you'll unlock. If you've followed the Roadmap and have every other achievement, and you're still running around like a mad fool in Super Mud Ball, you're looking at about another hour before this one pops. Chillis and Running Shoes power-ups help a bit, as you go a touch faster. Amuse yourself by trying to do things while running in a circle, I almost managed to make myself a sandwich.

Lost In The Rhythm 15
Ran 50m whilst in a latin trance.

Whenever another player picks up the Latin Trance power-up (you'll start dancing and moving slowly) just move as much as possible. It only takes three or four times before you get this one. If you're playing with four controllers, obviously you'll need one of your other players to get the power-up.

Super Shocker 15
Hit 100 players with shock and awe.

The Shock And Awe power-up (the lightning bolt) will daze any players in the game, so you're looking at up to 3 hits per power-up. If you haven't got this by the end of all the game modes, just play Super Mudball and run around until they appear.

Quiz Master 30
Won a Quiz Mode game without getting a quiz question wrong.

Just play a Quiz or Team Quiz mode on one game in Party Mode. You'll only have two questions to get right, but you can still use Artphobia's thread here to help.

Follow The Leader 20
Won a Carnaval Dance Standard mode game.

Play Carnaval Dance Mode, and select standard dance. You just need to play enough minigames to get 20 points to win. Easy with four controllers.

Crazy Challenger 20
Won a Carnaval Dance Crazy mode game.

Play Carnaval Dance Mode, and select Crazy dance. You just need to play enough minigames to get 20 points to win. Easy with four controllers.

Wheel Winner 20
Won a Carnaval Wheel game.

See Star Spinner.

Team Player 20
Came 1st in a Team Party game.

Select Party Mode, Team Party game, and win one game. Can be done with four controllers.

Quiz Team Champions 20
Came 1st in a Team Party Quiz game.

Select Party Mode, Quiz Team Party game, and win one game. Can be done with four controllers.

Quiz Champion 20
Came 1st in a VS Quiz game.

Select Party Mode, VS Quiz game, and win one game. Can be done with four controllers.

Super Powers 10
Collected all special pickups in the game.

This will come during your first Story Mode playthrough. Fairly straightforward, just pick up one of each of the powerups. X2 Multiplier, Blue Shield, Red Shield, Lightning Bolt, Chilli, Running Shoe, Latin Dance and Magnet.

Movie Mogul 20
Answered all movie questions in the game correctly.

Play Quiz Mode in Party Play. At the end of each game, you'll get a couple of questions. Answer them using Artphobia's thread here. Achievement will pop when you've answered every question about the movie.

Brazilian Brains 20
Answered all Brazil trivia questions in the game correctly.

Play Quiz Mode in Party Play. At the end of each game, you'll get a couple of questions. Answer them using Artphobia's thread here. Achievement will pop when you've answered every question about Brazil.

Garland Gala Novice 20
Reached Luiz's target score in Garland Gala.

Play Garland Gala mode and select Luiz. Play through all ten minigames winning as many as you can, and you'll enter the Garland throwing game. Aim for the X2 multiplier and the high scoring targets and you'll be fine. You need 25 points to beat Luiz's target.

Garland Gala Pro 20
Reached Mauro's target score in Garland Gala.

See Garland Gala Novice. You need 50 points to beat Mauro's target.

Garland Gala Guru 20
Reached Nigel's target score in Garland Gala.

See Garland Gala Novice. You need 75 points to beat Nigel's target.

Last edited by heatlight; 07-06-2011 at 10:21 AM.
heatlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 PM   #3
Lakeshow

lakeshow's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide. Only thing I might adjust is the approximate time to 1000 in the roadmap. The last few acheivements were quite a grind for me, especially the marathon and 200 win ones which alone probably took nearly 5 hours even using 4 controllers. Might change the time to something like 10-20 hours. Thanks again.

Lakeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
dorkzilla123

Send a message via AIM to dorkzilla123 Send a message via Yahoo to dorkzilla123

dorkzilla123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Can 2 profiles unlock the achievements on the same console?

Total Complete: 64 (44 retail, 16 arcade & 4 WP7)
dorkzilla123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Fullmetalx07

fullmetalx07's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good Guide so far, you also need to add the achievements images
Old 08-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
dp4043

I9I Parsons I9I's Gamercard
I Did The Whole Story Mode With 4 Friends And Won Every Game And Did Not Unlock Story Superstar Just Thought Id Let You Know
dp4043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
Masklin

SILVERsifDURFER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Great roadmap, glad to be done with the 200 wins and 26 miles ran

Completed Games
Masklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
raidenhardcore

raidenhardcore's Gamercard
im on 13-15 hours of play and still the 26 miles has not unlocked really starting to get annoying
raidenhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #9
mrbonelly

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I've done 9hrs of rubber band running on mudball, no achievement.??? Anyone know why? Is it on story mode only?

Update : so after like 11hrs of running with the above method it finally popped.

Last edited by mrbonelly; 09-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.
mrbonelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #10
Chugsy 667

Chugsy 667's Gamercard
Think i'm going to go give this a go now, need something easy to play as time to start getting some achievements, great guide

Chugsy 667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I did this just about as efficiently as it's humanly possible. I MAYBE wasted 30 minutes total here and there by accidentally losing in story and having to restart that particular section of story mode. It took me 9 hours to get everything but the 26mile marathon achievement. I too say this game isn't able to be 1k'd in under 10 hours. I'm gonna say between 10 and 15 hours based on seeing others' complaints about how long 26-mile took to unlock. I'm going to try taping a controller in mudball with my guy just running into the wall with 3 other wired controllers doing nothing and see if that works for 26-mile.
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
PK!

xD PK's Gamercard
Great guide.

Retired Gamertag
PK! is offline   Reply With Quote