Polls

ludachristofski

I've only been a member for a few months, but I have noticed one thing. The poll on the main page has not changed since I joined. I would think that the longest a poll would stay active is a month.

As for a changing topic, I think that polls on upcoming games would be very helpful. It doesn't matter how many reviews I read or how many trailers I see online, the best opinions on games always come from my fellow gamers. Sure we can use forums for that same purpose, but a quick glance on the main page is a whole lot simpler than searching through the forums for the same thing. I cannot speak for everyone else, but a simple percentage breakdown can mean the difference between buying a game and passing over it.

What does everyone else think?

...and where you mention a poll rating each game, that is pretty well already in effect. Go to any games page (overview, achievement list, etc. any of them will work) and look on the right hand side. There are three "scores" for each game, one given by the site, one given by its members (it also mentions how many members gave it a score) and one given by you.

Sorry if I read your post wrong.

I've seen this for games that are already released (I believe we're both referring to the data on the lower right hand side near the enable achievements box). My suggestion was to include new unreleased games within the poll section, that is if this capacity is not already available.

I've seen this for games that are already released (I believe we're both referring to the data on the lower right hand side near the enable achievements box). My suggestion was to include new unreleased games within the poll section, that is if this capacity is not already available.

err... ya, I guess I read your post wrong sorry. :(

I don't really see though what good it would do to have polls based on yet unreleased games as very few people other than reviewers would truly be able to give an unbiased opinion. Just my personal thoughts though. :)

I don't really see though what good it would do to have polls based on yet unreleased games as very few people other than reviewers would truly be able to give an unbiased opinion. Just my personal thoughts though. :)

I agree with that, those polls will just show how hyped everybody is for a game which is more important for the game industry than for potential buyers.

Users are already able to vote for unreleased games, which I think makes the User Score not very reliable, as there is no option to change the score you gave to a game. I think it would be better to disable the opportunity to vote for games that haven't been released yet and/or give members the opportunity to change their score.