Doing something wrong?

I'm having a lot of difficulty with Knoxx DLC. I'm level 51 but die almost every time I meet enemies. I have over 1k sheild and health, and my weapons are horrible. Are the enemies just that hard on 2nd playthrough or do I just suck? I think in the first 15 minutes of playing I lost 6 million in death $. Any tips on not hating this whole DLC experience?

I have a really tough time with this DLC too. I started it on my second playthrough and found that it is much tougher that way then on the first playthrough. However, some enemies really are just bitches to deal with, like the lancers and the drifters. For the most part I suggest using your vehicle for almost anything you can. Otherwise I don't have much else to say other than maybe go back to your first playthrough (which would be unfortunate)

The difficulty does ramp up with this particular DLC. The quality of weapons you get both from the armory itself and doing other missions means that the enemies have to at least present somewhat of a challenge.

I was level 54 before I even did the first mission. I tied a few loose ends on the 2nd playthrough. That paired with a decent Caustic Shotgun and it really isnt that difficult to get cracking with it.

I'd recommend leveling a little more, maybe to around 53-54. My friend and I also found it pretty hard before that, and our weapons were also kinda crap. If you can build the Monster, drive around in that shooting/running over stuff for a bit, or finish up the remainder of the playthrough.

Thanks for the tips. I finally Powered through the crappy parts and got the hang of it. I think I was just used to charging in and surviving, but hanging back and being strategic about attacks helped a lot. I also put some points into the health regen turret. That helped a ton paired with using new weapons put me at 56 right now. Not too bad.