Strum bar issues

Nirumano

I know this isn't really game related, but it's seriously annoying as hell and expensive too. My problem is I play alot of gh and rock band with my guitar, expert only - and my guitars stop registering down strums correctly (sometimes not at all, sometimes 3-4 on one strum) after about a month of playing. I don't use much force with the strum bar, no punishing in any way, just play normally. Actually if anything I strum down too softly at times, maybe i screw up the spring or something by not following through all the time? I have friends that strum much harder and their guitar lasts longer (however they play alot less). This hasn't happened just once, going on 7-8 guitars now (in about half a year) where the same problem occurs after about a month (3-4 les pauls and 3-4 wt guitars). So anyone know what might be the cause? Am I REALLY unlucky, or does anyone else have the same problem? From what I've seen in menus upstrums seem to work fine always, but I can't play with up strums only.

Edited by Nirumano

If you are talking about the GHWT guitar it is a known problem you have and well ignore luke :p

There is a few ways to fix this.

1. Contact the red octane support for a free replacement (UK you don't have to send back your guitar)
  2. Go to score hero and fix/replace the switches yourself using there tutorials in the forum.
  3. Invest in a Les Paul (more reliable) or a X-Plorer (most reliable)

Guess I'll try red octane support then. Getting really sick of trading in/buying new guitars though (gone through 7-8 guitars like I said, I think it's 4 les pauls and 3 wt guitars). I don't get it, there's never anything physically wrong with the strumbar, just suddenly stops working (sometimes in the middle of a song, others after not even being used for a few days). The clicking sounds and all are like new, but it just registers wrong. And same thing happens with all my guitars, except the xplorer so far. Problem is I don't really like xplorer, the fret buttons are harder to push down, whammy bar sucks ass, and the guitar is too small for my taste.

to luke: It seems like I'm doing something wrong, but it's definately not that I strum too hard. And I only use my thumb, so I don't pull on it, no. I live alone, so no destructive siblings.

It's not you seriously. It's money saving on Red Ocatanes behalf, they are cheap switches with break after so much use. Usally the bottom one as we downstrum more the up strum. Just try for a free replacement and if they let you keep your brocken one go to scorehero and check the tutorial on how to replace/fix the switches. I feel it would be best to do that with your broken one once you got your new one as the broken one will just sit there and the new one will go the same way the old one did. I have gone through 3 myself and i still have one unboxed wait for my current one to break.

It's not you seriously. It's money saving on Red Ocatanes behalf, they are cheap switches with break after so much use. Usally the bottom one as we downstrum more the up strum. Just try for a free replacement and if they let you keep your brocken one go to scorehero and check the tutorial on how to replace/fix the switches. I feel it would be best to do that with your broken one once you got your new one as the broken one will just sit there and the new one will go the same way the old one did. I have gone through 3 myself and i still have one unboxed wait for my current one to break.

Ok, thanks for confirming it's the guitars that are faulty. I don't have any solder stuff, and not sure how to aquire new switch in norway :p

What You'll Need:

- Solder

- Guitar Controller

- Screwdriver (that fits in the screws)

- Soldering iron

- Solder paste

- Game to test

Edited by Nirumano